The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ace Combat 7

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ace Combat 7, the next installment in the long-running Ace Combat series, has been confirmed to be in development and a trailer has been released.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zuBSUJfpBk

I like the subtle Razgriz motif from Ace Combat 5 playing in the background near the beginning.

As a longtime fan of the series, and after hearing about the studio that was producing these games being shut down, I thought that the series was dead and that "Infinity" would be the final Ace Combat game.  I'm really excited about this.  It's been confirmed that the game will take place in the fictional world that the old games took place in, rather than the real world like the most recent games, and will actually be a sequel to the old Ace Combat games rather than a reboot.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For PS4 only so far. That's what i don't like should be xbox one and PS4 still could be though have no idea. It is good to see this one set back in the world of the older games.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you look closely, the F-22 has an Osean emblem and the Flanker has an Erusean emblem.  For some reason, I want to say that the astronaut is Nagase.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah i saw it really is gonna be interesting. I just hope it's not PS4 exclusive.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just saw the new trailer for it today. The hype is real. i may just get a PS4 just so I can play it. It's looking really interesting.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hope the game will be good and not a disappointment

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm pretty hyped as well. Couldn't help but notice that my all time favorite- the Dassault Rafale - is coming back. And those condensation effects? Gorgeous.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
That and the F-104 will apparently make an appearance, which is bound to be awesome.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
From the two trailers shown so far, it looks to be quite the return to form for the series. So I'm looking forward to it with great interest.

The Arsenal Bird(the large craft deploying the drones) seems like it will be this game's Stonehenge, Arkbird or Gleipnir, it will be cool to see what they will do with that in regards to the player inevitably facing it.

Its also likely that the Eurofigher Typhoon, my personal favorite modern jet fighter, will be returning as well(if the appearance of its sister-fighter of sorts - the Dassault Rafale that Fyn mentioned -  is any indication.)

On the last note, this could not have been a better-suited game for Playstation VR support; if not its potential killer app.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Anyone around here still play Infinity? Could be fun to get a group together for some chill sorties.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fyn16,Dec 4 2016 on  11:22 PM
Anyone around here still play Infinity? Could be fun to get a group together for some chill sorties.

I've mostly been ambivalent towards Infinity for the longest time(wasn't too keen on the stocked fuel system). But recently I decided that I'm going to give it a try.

Not sure if it will be a main thing for me, but I wouldn't mind joining you on a sortie from time to time.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm gonna have to get me a PS4.  So many good games coming out that I want including this, Red Dead Redemption 2, and I still wanna get the next gen version of GTA5.  

I saw an F-104 Starfighter in the trailer.  That's a plane I've always wanted to see in Ace Combat!  Now if we could just get the F-8 Crusader with its four freaking cannons!

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,Dec 4 2016 on  11:51 PM

I've mostly been ambivalent towards Infinity for the longest time(wasn't too keen on the stocked fuel system). But recently I decided that I'm going to give it a try.

Not sure if it will be a main thing for me, but I wouldn't mind joining you on some from time to time.
Cool! My gamertag is REAF-Nimbus. Shoot me a message in advance if you ever want to fly. I generally only do three to four sorties per session, but I've got a decent selection of planes, so I tend to let others pick the roles that fit them before I fill in.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fyn16,Dec 5 2016 on  02:09 AM
Quote from: Belmont2500,Dec 4 2016 on  11:51 PM

Not sure if it will be a main thing for me, but I wouldn't mind joining you on some from time to time.
Cool! My gamertag is REAF-Nimbus. Shoot me a message in advance if you ever want to fly. I generally only do three to four sorties per session, but I've got a decent selection of planes, so I tend to let others pick the roles that fit them before I fill in.
I don't think I'll be able to, as I only got as far as the update screen(I have the PS3 version) and hit a brick wall. I've tried various methods of tinkering to try and remedy this but so far...no luck.

Its a real shame too, as I really wanted to enjoy Infinity and was prepared to despite not agreeing on some design choices. But since I'm not able to make it to the game itself, its difficult to maintain that outlook.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
That's a shame. Updates can be fickle sometimes, and I hope it works out in the long run for you.

Infinity definitely shows its F2P side a lot, but I think it serves a nice purpose as a casual Ace Combat game. It's fun to go on and fly around for half an hour or so, then move on to do something else. I used to take it seriously, what with its weekly challenge system and occasional dogfighting tournaments, but I've relaxed a lot since then. Mostly I've tried flying planes that the majority of the community has left in the dust, in favor of Raptors, T-50s, and Falkens. It's fun outscoring someone flying an Adler with an AV-8B Harrier, but it's even more fun for me to just have planes like that up in the air. Sure it's impractical, but it's a treat from me to separate myself from the "meta," and it's a treat for everyone else to see something they don't get to see everyday. That's pretty much my two cents on how I play the game.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, good news is that I managed to get it updated(simply kept at it.)

I was vexed by how slow progression over the initial hurdle of starting out was, but things picked up fairly quickly and its mostly quite well-made, despite the design choices I had gripes with when it came out.

I've pretty much made it my goal in the game to acquire the Typhoon(and eventually the Spitfire that they snuck in there.) but up for sorties as well.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Sounds like you're a fan of air-to-air. I'd be happy to bring my ground pounders to help. I plan to be on a bit this coming week, so if you want company, just shoot me a friend request.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If I had the game and system I'd join you guys

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fyn16,Dec 11 2016 on  03:18 PM
Sounds like you're a fan of air-to-air. I'd be happy to bring my ground pounders to help. I plan to be on a bit this coming week, so if you want company, just shoot me a friend request.

A bit yeah, though its mostly just favouritism for the Typhoon and the Spitfire, at the moment I'm mostly using the F/A-18, which has also been a favourite of mine.

Already sent one, though I won't be on the next week as I'll be away on a trip until the thirty first.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
A new trailer has been released, and I've gotta say I'm wowed. The Unreal 4 engine is stunning, we've been teased things like a TLS pod, detailed low-altitude environments (Farbanti is GORGEOUS), a new FSW aircraft, and of course more shots of the classic F-104 Starfighter. It's been pushed back a year, but I really can't wait to see this.

(Hopefully the youtube link works. I'm on my phone)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C6obeEI1yPo