The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

1st chapter of LBT "War Fanfic"

Serris · 10 · 1986

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Littlefoot was running. Running through harsh and forbidding rocky terrain, chased by a sharptooth. But this was unlike any sharptooth he had seen; black as midnight with two weird projections from its arms and its eyes burning with an otherworldly white glow.

Just as Littlefoot turned a corner, he found himself faced with a dead end and the demonic sharptooth approaching.

“AGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” he shouted, waking himself up. He looked around, he was in his nest and it was still dark with the Night Circle high up, bathing the Great Valley in a cool white light.

As Littlefoot went back to sleep, he somehow missed a shadowy figure scurrying along the top of the Great Rock Wall or the twin streaks of blue light passing overhead.

On a tropical island out on the Big Water, far from the Great Valley a young sharptooth woke up with a start from the same terrifying dream. He turned his gaze towards the Great Valley and saw an aquatic longneck named Elsie also looking in the same direction.

When Littlefoot awoke for the second time, he saw Petrie standing in front of him.

“What?” he said, groggily.

“ Littlefoot, wake up!!” Petrie said.

“What’s so important?” Littlefoot said, getting up.

“Me no know. But Cera say grownups by Two Boulder Pass.”

Littlefoot hurried to Two Boulder Pass and managed to squeeze through the adults to get a look at what was so fascinating.

“It can’t be.” Littlefoot said, astonished at the sight.

“It real.” Petrie said, with equal astonishment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please see this thread for future updates.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 The title makes me think of something major may happen soon, and you left me in quite suspense at the end.
 Keep it up! this looks good B) .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice stopping point.  Interesting idea to have Chomper still on the island and not already in the valley or near it.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chapter 2

Littlefoot was looking down into an impact crater along with several adults. At the center of the crater was a medium sized meteorite. But this was no ordinary meteorite.

Littlefoot had seen meteorites before, but this was unlike any meteorite he had seen before. It was a shade of icy blue, with a reflective surface like that of water on a still day.

“I…I think that’s the Stone of Cold Fire.” Littlefoot said,

“Not that Stone of Cold Fire junk again!” Cera said, rolling her eyes.

“The Stone of Cold Fire is just a story. Yep, yep, yep.” Ducky said, nodding her head.

“What’s all the fuss about?” Mr. Threehorn said, striding up to the group.

“Well, Mr. Threehorn, a rather odd sky-rock has landed and it looks just like the mythical Stone of Cold Fire.” Grandpa Longneck said.

“It’s just an…” Mr. Threehorn began before he was cut off by a lightning bolt, striking a few feet away from him.

More lightning bolts began to fly from the meteorite, striking the ground and nearby rocks.

“Scatter!!” Grandpa Longneck shouted

The Great Valley dinosaurs ran in different directions, some taking cover behind rocks, others running as far as possible

“Woah.” said Hyp, crouched behind a large boulder with Petrie and Littlefoot.  

“Me scared.” Petrie said, trembling.

Suddenly the sound of the lightning bolts bombarding the vicinity stopped.

“Is it over?” Littlefoot asked.

“It’s over.” Hyp said, peeking over the boulder.

Littlefoot stuck his head over the boulder and looked. What he saw astonished him.

The ground and the rocks were scorched and pockmarked by the maelstrom of lightning bolts, but he could see the scorch marks and craters starting to disappear. In a few moments the area around Two Boulder Pass looked like nothing had ever happened.

“Ok, so that sky-rock really IS the Stone of Cold Fire.” Cera said.

“Littlefoot!!!” Grandpa Longneck called

“Littlefoot, you must stay away from Two Boulder Pass. That sky-rock is simply too dangerous.” Grandpa Longneck said

“But Grandpa...” Littlefoot began to protest

“Littlefoot, we know you are curious, but until we find out more about that sky-rock; we can’t let you go near Two Boulder Pass.” Grandma Longneck said

“Can I go play?” Littlefoot asked, changing the subject.

“Yes. But remember what we told you.” Grandpa Longneck said

“I know. Stay away from Two Boulder Pass.” Littlefoot echoed.

Littlefoot ran to meet his friends. When he arrived he saw his friends playing “Catch the Hopper”.

“What take so long?” Petrie asked, as he tried to catch Ducky.

“Grandpa told me to stay away from Two Boulder Pass.” Littlefoot replied

Littlefoot joined in the game and just as the game was wrapping up, he turned around and saw 3 familiar faces.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give you all 1 guess to who those "familiar faces" are.
Hint: They are not enemies.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Look for all subsequent chapters on Fanfiction.net under the name Jakayrta.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 The story is begining to unfold, and I bet Littlefoot will let his curiosity win again :P: .
 Nice that you have your story at fanfiction.net , but it would be still cool if you can still post more chapters in here too :DD

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Wow...these first two chapters are really good...and I can guess at who the 3 faces are...but I'm not going to say it here...I look forward to the nest chapter.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok, now I need to think of a title. Can you all help with this?

Remember, the main villian is the Original SHarptooth and it's an LBT WAR fanfic, the Stone of Cold Fire plays a large part, though. :yes

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The fanfic has a new name!!  :wow  :D

Land Before Time: Twilight Valley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is Chapter 3:

Chapter 3

“Chomper?” Littlefoot said, surprised by his friend’s sudden appearance.

“What Chomper doing here?” Petrie said.

“Some strange sleep-story occurred and there was something about coming to the Great Valley.” Chomper said.

“You mean that sleep-story about being chased by a sharptooth? I had that too.” Littlefoot said.

“How could we have the same sleep-story?” Littlefoot said, pawing the ground in frustration.

“I don’t know, but it must mean something.” Chomper said.

“How Chomper get to Great Valley?” Petrie said, half to himself.

“Easy Petrie. I just crossed the landbridge.” Chomper replied.

“But the landbridge was sunk by an earthshake” Littlefoot said.

“Actually it is covered and uncovered by the… uh what’s that called again?” Chomper said, scratching his head.

His mother said something that Littlefoot could not understand.

“Oh yeah, the bridge is covered and uncovered by the tides.” Chomper said.

“Hey, hatchlings!” Hyp said striding up to the group with Nod and Mutt.

“What do you want Hyp?” Cera said, glaring at him.

Meanwhile in the Mysterious Beyond in a valley similar to the Great Valley…

“Why haven’t those two bumbling flyers come back yet? And I knew those two Egg-Stealers were total idiots! We still don’t have that rock!” a tan and gold two-clawed sharptooth said, angrily.

“Patience.” another sharptooth, red striped, said coolly, “We will have the Stone of Cold Fire soon enough.”

In the farthest reaches of the Great Valley, two Struthiomimuses entered through a narrow break in the Great Rock Wall.

“I’m hungry. Why can’t I eat some of this?” one Struthiomimus said, lifting a branch laden with berries to its mouth.

“Strut!!!! Drop that branch right now you leaf-licker!!!” the other Struthiomimus shouted, roughly grabbing the branch from Strut with one of its arms.

“But Ozzie, I’m hungry!!” Strut said.

“If we get that weird blue rock, then we will have all the eggs we can eat!” Ozzie said.

“But I don’t like eggs and what does a weird rock have to do with eggs!” Strut said, reaching out to grab a branch with a few tree-stars on it.

Ozzie saw Strut grab the branch and he roughly swatted the branch away with his arms.

“You mindless brush-bounder!! We were promised all the eggs we can eat if we can get that weird blue rock to that sharptooth! Now let’s go find that weird rock!” Ozzie shouted

The cry rang clear over the Great Valley. “Sharptooth attack! Near the Rock Path!!!!!” Grandpa Longneck bellowed.

Within moments all of the children were gathered at their nests and the adults had gone off to defend against the sharpteeth.

“Ducky, Spike, stay here!” Ducky’s mother said as she walked towards the Rock Path carrying a heavy branch.

Petrie’s mother had also flown to the Great Rock path to assist in the battle, mostly serving a support role.

Four sharpteeth, two large three-clawed sharpteeth and 2 fast biters; had somehow gotten into the Great Valley.

Littlefoot’s grandparents and Mr. Threehorn were the first to arrive at the site. The sharpteeth seeing that they were facing two longnecks and a threehorn visibly recoiled but did not flee.

More Great Valley dinosaurs arrived at the scene, hoping to scare the sharpteeth into fleeing.

Neither side was directly attacking yet but simply attempting to intimidate the other side.

The first blow was struck by a fast biter, it attempted to jump onto Ducky’s mom but she caught it square in the head with swift blow of her branch, knocking to the ground. With that the sharpteeth advanced.

One of the large sharpteeth, sensing an opportunity, seized a stone from one of the rubble piles that characterized the Great Rock Path and hurled it at Mr. Threehorn, stunning him and giving one of the larger sharpteeth an opportunity to knock him out with a well placed tail-whip.

“Mr. Threehorn!!” Petrie’s mother shouted. She already had to deal with an unconscious Runner and now an unconscious three-horn.

Grandpa Longneck swept one of the larger sharpteeth off its feet with his tail and in that moment, another swimmer took that opportunity to pelt it with rocks, one of which drew blood and another knocked a tooth out. Eventually, the sharptooth gave up and ran away under a continued barrage of rocks by the swimmer and fierce tail-whips from Grandpa Longneck.

While the battle was going on, no one noticed the shadow of two flyers passing overhead or the two Egg-Thieves running by.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting chapter, and a good spot for an ending.  Pleasant to read.  Thanks for posting.