The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Upcoming drawings by NeptuneNavigator2001

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Hoo boy, what have we here?  Has NeptuneNavigator2001 really started picking up the infamous pencil?  Indeed, I have...  Inspired by the LBT fanart of Sky, Lillefot, Nimrod, and Mumbling, I too have decided to take up the hobby of drawing... :D Which, I haven't really ever done, and the last time I painted something, was well over ten years ago...

Now, I don't have it done yet - and when I do finish it, I don't know how I'll show it, as I have no scanner...  My uncle does have one, I think, so I may use that - which would be a much cleaner option than the alternative...  That would be, uhh, taking a picture of it with my dreaded compuer camera, which, if you've seen the picture of me, in my profile - by the way, it's been updated today, to show the length of my hair - or anything else I've taken with it, well...  You would know that this method of image creation wouldn't produce very good results; for me, or anyone... :p

I won't say exactly WHAT it is yet, but, those of you who have been following me closely around the forum, might have a faint idea.  Go ahead and guess, for those of you who wish to!  Oh, and to those of you who I've already TOLD (that would be you, Gustav; and you too, Iris), you are automatically exempt from "guessing," as you already know the answer, and would give it away! :lol  :lol  :lol

...SO...  With that in mind, be patient, ladies and gentlemen! :P: I will show all, in time!  As a matter of fact, when I DO finally start drawing LBT art - which is my ULTIMATE goal - I will post a thread similar to this one, in the appropriate section (Fanart and Fanfiction), and cross reference one with the other, just in case you want to see both "types..."  (As in, putting a link from this one into the other one, and vice versa...)  I promise you, I will ALWAYS edit this post to introduce new links (they'll be hosted on my web site; I can just provide the links to them to make it easier to read) to new drawings - most of which WILL be colored in the end - so that people always know where to go in this topic, when I announce a new drawing. (It's more organized for me to create just one topic with all my potential artwork (or rather, two, because of my ultimate goal) rather than to create multiple topics with individual pieces; it's also a way for others to see everything I've done up to the current time, without having to hunt down multiple topics.) It's a joy to be able to do something like this; I've had some LBT art in my head for a long time now, that I've wanted to do, but, until today, I either never had the courage, or the time, OR the living accomodations, to do such a thing... :^.^:

On that note: Sky!   :DD I'm patiently waiting for your other LBT "how to draw" tutorials!  Then, I'll combine your tutorials with some tips I got from Gustav/Lillefot - actually, this current one IS based on a tip he gave me - and draw the drawing desires of my heart...! :wub:

FINAL EDIT: Hmm...  Maybe it would be easier NOT to edit this LONG post and put links up; instead, the first post I make in the future, will be edited to my heart's content, and will contain ALL future links, including the eventual cross-reference to my (eventual) LBT fanart thread! ;)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Haha!  :^.^:
Great. This is really great.

I never thought I would get someone to make artworks. ^_^
I like how people are getting to artworks here lately. =)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck on your drawing and any other projects you may do.  Try to not be to hard on yourself when you draw.  Easier said then done for some.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well...  I was most impressed, with your attention to detail, Sky...  You've got a gift!  It inspired me, everytime I saw one of your pictures...  And now, Gustav, Patrick, and Iris, all drawing too?  It just makes me want to join in!

So...  If anyone wants to guess a bit, just ask me, what category this pertains to...?  We'll start with that because it's easy!

EDIT: And Kor, don't worry bro!  If there's one thing I've learned - from a certain something that pertains to THIS drawing, and some others I've got planned - it's that perfectionism is out, and improvisation - this is a BIG HINT - is totally in! :lol:
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good luck with drawing Aaron. Yes.. It would be a bit strange if you wouldn't draw too huh? =P Don't feel like you must though...

I'm looking forward to see your work =D. And now.. I'm hungry and have to go to school, so I'll see you this evening ^^.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Heh...  The same to you, Iris!  Do what you gotta do, heh!

...Like I have to?  No way!  I WANT to; ha ha ha! :lol This is inspiration, friend!

Heh...  But, you and Gustav already pretty much know what it is I'm drawing, so don't post it guys, heh! :DD  :p For the rest of you...  You can try and guess...!  I already gave a clue: improvisation...  ...But...  Let's try and guess a subject; what it might be about, center around, etc.  C'mon, it's all good!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, I'm gonna use the famous qoute I always use:
"Welcome to the club mate"!  :^.^:
Glad we could give you inspiration!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like you have the important things in mind when one starts drawing.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It would seem so, yes...

So, no one's gonna take a stab, and play the guessing game, then?  Heh...  Okay...  I just thought it would be fun, hu hu...! :P:

EDIT: By the way, I made a final - and I mean, final - revision on my member title...  And, progess is a little slow, but, I don't want this to look too bad, heh!  But, then again, how does one define "bad?"  What does "bad," really mean?

FINAL EDIT: Oh crud, never mind...  I already kinda blew it before I started, heh heh...  So, no guessing game anymore, guys...  And, now I don't quite care whether Lillefot or Mumbling tells it, or not...  Just let me find some time to work on it! :P: Geez...

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
*Status Report*
Sorry for the double post - this goes out primarily to admins - but, I thought I would give my first - and probably ONLY - status report...

Work on the gatefold improvisation, is coming at a slow pace...  With two days in, little has been accomplished.  However, I have always referred to myself as "The Slow One."  Anyway...  I'm pretty happy with the way that it's turning out so far...!  Every detail won't quite be "to scale," per se, but, IMO, for not picking up the pencil in over ten years - and back then, I hardly did anything, anyway - I don't think it's turning out too bad, so far!  Heh, heh...  I like the way it's turning out, yes!  It's improvised - but, isn't that one of the points of Jazz?  That's one of the things that Jazz has taught me - in particular, an improvisation of someone else's music - perfection is out, and improvisation is in! :)  ;) ...Since I've had a problem with semi-perfectionism up until recently, it's a good thing that I've gotten into Jazz, because of the whole improv. thing....  By the way, improv. shortened, can also be interpreted as "improvement," though I seriously doubt that it would work in this case! :P: I'm no Mati Klarwein, that's for sure! :P:

...So, don't worry admins, I'm not going to clutter up this topic with status reports every two days...  It was just this one time, to let everyone know, this: work is coming slow, and the way it's looking right now...  Expect it in another week.  TWO at the absolute maximum.  Shalom!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck on your project, and no need to hurry on it.  Best to work at your own pace and as you have time.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hoo boy....  Life does drag one, from one corner to the next...  ....Seems like I've just been pouring my heart out lately on MSN....  ...Trying to put all my burdens behind me...  And it's working!  I feel lighter than I have in years...  (Thanks, sis....)

Anyway, since the 7th or so, I haven't been able to pick up the pencil...  BUT!  That all changes today!  Malte, Kor?  Thank you guys for giving me the inspiration to continue...  ...What with getting a horn last week, puring my heart out to sis, and dreading my future, emm...  I really haven't had much time to draw...  BUT!  It shall be resumed, TODAY! :D

EDIT: Now, where did I put my pencil...? :huh: Hmm...  *scratches head*

EDIT 2: Now, with that, I'll be spinning Davis' "B****es Brew," and trying to resume...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck on the drawing and don't feel the need to rush.  You'll likely be happier with the drawing if you do not rush I would Guess.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, good luck with it.  I wish I could still draw.  The only thing I can draw now is ships.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Jun 27 2008 on  11:38 PM
Well, good luck with it.  I wish I could still draw.  The only thing I can draw now is ships.
That is something.  :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Well, good luck with it. I wish I could still draw. The only thing I can draw now is ships.
What about planes?

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 27 2008 on  10:33 PM
You can do it Aaron  :^.^:
AWW!  My own personal support group in you guys, heh!  ...I actually DID something with it!  :D  Alright, score one for getting back into it!  :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile