The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time/Ice Age crossover

Guest · 9 · 3139

ScratteLover2

It is  a fanfiction I came up with when I heard about a movie of the same name that is supposed to come: http://clumpy.blogspot.com/2009/02/in-2009...entionally.html
Who thinks I should start the fanfiction, so I can add another story to my series
Here is the link to my story, the page only contains a plot summary. It actually hasn't been written yet: The Land Before Time/Ice Age crossover

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Personally I don't think there's a Land Before Time/Ice Age movie coming out. Blogs aren't great sources for upcoming movies as the person there could easily make it up. Wikipedia, Internet Movie Database, and TV.com are also not 100% accurate all the time.

If the Land Before Time/Ice Age were true, there should be more places talking about it (such as the Universal or 20th Century Fox), not just a blog. Another thing I should point out is that this person doesn't even provide any sources to support their information. When a person who posts information (such as a new movie) on places such as a blog or Wikipedia and provide no links to the source or sources they used or saw, then their information can easily be dismissed.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
...but yeah, if you want to write the fanfiction go ahead. I'm sure you'll have an audience, several users on here are fans of Ice Age.

As for the blog, maybe he's sarcastically commenting on the decision to include dinosaurs in the third Ice Age film.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
Go for it. Don't let a personal blog stop you.
I agree with DarkHououmon, if a movie like that was in the making, we would have heard it on Wikipedia and IMD's webpage.

Beside, I think they'd never mix two, so different universes together. It would be foolish... partly because the two movies have their own styles, one is a cartoon another is completely animated.

But go for it!

ScratteLover2

Chapter 1: The Gang and Sub-Zero Heroes meet

At the sight of where they burried Sid, is standing Manny, Diego, Ellie, Crash, Eddie, Peaches, Momma, Rudy, Buck, Scratte, Sylvia, Sydney and Sid Jr. (Sid and Sylvia's kids). Sylvia walks up, place flowers on the mound and says, "We'll always remember you. Of all the sloths I met, you were my favorite." She starts to cry, Ellie puts her trunk on Sylvia's shoulder and says, "Sylvia... Sid would say that he'd want you to be happy. Even though he's dead." She picks up her kids, and walks back to the cave cave, with Scratte and Buck behind her. Meanwhile in the Great Valley a group of dinosaurs are playing a game called toss the seed. Littlefoot says, "Over here Ruby." Then she hits it to him and he hits it over to Spike, who catches in his mouth and starts to run off with it. The others start to chase after him, laughing. They come to the edge of the valley, where Ruby suggests, "How about we go searching around in the mysterious beyond. There's this valley called Snow Valley that I've always wanted to visit." Then the others say, "Let's do it!" Back in the snow valley, Sylvia is sitting alone in her cave, playing with her children and thinking of Sid. Meanwhile the gang of seven has climbed to the top of the Great Wall and Ruby says, "Snow Valley is a valley covered in Snow and trees we don't have here. There are also animals that live in the valley, that don't live anyhwhere else in the world." They climb down the wall and Cera says, "Now all we have to worry about is Red-Claw, Screech and Thud till we reach the valley."
Meanwhile in Snow Valley Scarrette and Scart (Scrat and Scratte's kids) are running around the valley and they stop when they see a group of dinosaurs walking towards them, Chomper asks, "Is this Snow Valley?" Scart and Scarrette just run off, but the gang just follows them. They all end up in playground area, where the stop when they see Momma and Rudy, they all scream, "Sharpteeth!" and they run to hide behnid the tree with the swing on it. Ellie walks around the tree and says, "Don't worry Momma and Rudy aren't gong to hurt you. There are friends of ours." Littlefoot says, "Oh. Good." Then they step out from behind the tree, where Egbert, Yoko and Shelly are just staring at Chomper, since he looks different then they do. Shelly says, "What is he?" Then Chomper says, "I'm the same kind as you. Hey! You guys can talk! I thought was the only sharptooth that talked!" But Egbert, Yoko and Shelly just stare at him, because they don't believe him, but Momma does believe him. Ruby asks Ellie, "Is this Snow Valley?" Ellie says, "Yes, this is Snow Valley." Then Sylvia walks out of the cave crying and Ruby asks, "What's wrong with her?" Shelly walks over to Ruby and whispers in her ear, "She just lost her husband a few years ago, and she hasn't accepted the fact that he's dead." Then Ruby starts to fee bad for asking, as she knows what it is like to lose or be seperated from a loved one. She says, "I take it this are her kids." Sylvia says, "Yes, they are." Ellie says, "Oh! I forget to introduce ourselves. I'm Ellie, this is Manny, Peaches, Diego, Crash, Eddie, Momma, Scrat, Scratte, Scart, Scarrette, Sid Jr., Sydney, Rudy, Egbert, Yoko, Shelly, Sylvia." Ruby says, "and I am Ruby, this are my friends Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Spike, Petrie and Chomper." Ellie gets the gang to walk over to Sid's grave, where she says, "and this is Sid, Sylvia's husband. Never mention Sid around Sylvia or her kids. They have accepted the fact that Sid is dead." Littlefoot asks, "How'd he die?" Ellie says, "He was sleeping, this guanlong attacked him, and split open his stomach. He died two days after he was attacked. He lived alot longer that we thought he would've, but that was thanks to someone that helped him. But we were still wishing that he lived, even after they performed surgery to fix his stomach. Oh and there's one other person you want to mention Sid to and that's Scratte." Ellie points to Scratte over by the tree, playing with her kids, she waves at them, then goes back to playing with her kids. Ruby says, "Don't worry, we won't mention anythin about Sid to them. We promise. Right guys?" The others say, "Yes. We won't say a word." They walk back to the playground area, where Sylvia walks up to them and asks, "What were you talkin about?" Ruby says, "We were just telling Ellie how we ended here. We wanted to come, this was a place I heard about, when I was a child." Sylvia says, "Okay." Then walks back over to her kids and Scratte. Ellie whispers, "That was close. I didn't think that someone as nice as you could lie." Ruby says, "I didn't know that I could lie!"  Sylvia walks out the cave, and she has calmed down, knowing that Sid isn't coming back, she'll only see him again in her dreams. She walks over to Ruby and asks, "How did you guys end up here? Only place we knew about that had dinosaurs was the [[Dinosaur World|Dino-World]]." Ruby says, "We came from a place called the Great Valley. It is the safest place in the world, no meat eating dinosaurs or as we call them, Sharpteeth. If usally is always warm there, we usally only have winter once a year and it only lasts for three months." Sylvia says, "You guys are lucky. It's always cold here, but we've lived here for so long that we are used to it." After awhile they walk out of the cave, and Ellie says "You guys are going to get used to the cold after a while." Shelly walks up to the gang and says, "Come on guys. I want to show you something. Manny can we going through that path as long as Buck comes with us?" Manny says, "No, you guys are going to have Momma with you. You'll be safer with her than Buck." Shelly says, "Oh! Thank you Manny!" She runs to the others and says, "We can go as long as Momma comes with us for protection. We don't risk anything after what happened to Sid." They walk over the dam, where Momma knocks it down so they can get through. The beavers see Momma coming, so they all run into an ice cave, the gang, Shelly and Momma climb up to the cave entrance. Momma growls at them and Shelly says, "Momma can't fit through that it's to small." Chomper says, "Can't she climb over the wall, and come over on the other side?" Then Shelly says, "Oh! I know! She can go back around the the cliff and wait there." In her language Shelly tells Momma to go back to the place they came in and wait for them there. Momma heads back to the place they started at, they head through the tunnel and they reach a cliff, where Momma is standing there. Shelly points up to a tree above them and says, "Have you ever seen one of those before? There called crystals." Then Ruby says, "Where we're from, we call them Sky Color Stones, because light reflects off them and form a group of colors." Shelly says, "You mean rainbows, right?" Ruby says, "Where were from their falled Sky Colors." Shelly climbs up on to Momma head, she lifts Shelly up to the cliif, she tries to grab it but Scrat comes over the cliff, falls to the ground, and the crystal falls on him. Scratte shows up and everyone starts laughing at Scrat, she glides down, grabs the crystal and the acorn. Scrat gets up and chases after Scratte, the others follow after them, wanting to see who gets the crystal and acorn. After running for a while, everyone comes to a cliff, where Scratte jumps off, and glides back to the central part of the valley. Shelly joinkingly pushes Scrat off the cliff and he falls on a beaver, which chases him, but Momma growls at it, Scrat plays dead and the beaver runs off. Scratte walks over to Scrat and wakes him up by kicking him in the privates, he screams and she picks him up, carries him back to the playground and the others follow. When they reach the playground Sylvia asks, "What happened to Scrat?" Then Ruby says, "He just got into a fight with a beaver over the acorn." While everyone is laughing at Scrat, they hear a loud roar, screaming and they see Red-Horn charging towards them, with a angry look on his face. Buck says, "How he survive the fall? Rudy knocked him off the cliff into the deep canyon!

Write what you think of the first chapter of what I've written so far. Tell me what's good about the story and tell me what's bad about the story.

Chapter 2: The Revenge of Red-Horn

Littlefoot says, "He looks alot like Red-Claw!" Buck, "Run! Rudy, Barry, Momma and Flood can handle him! Let's get into the cave!" The Sub-Zero Heroes and Prehistoric Pals run to the cave, and they watch from in their. Scratte pulls out her pistol, she runs out there and starts stooting at Red-Horn, which distracts him and Rudy claws him across the shoulder. He knows that he can't fight Rudy by himself, so he runs back into the cavern that leads to the Dino-World. Buck says, "Okay... it's safe, we can go out now." Ruby says, "I thought Red Claw was big but him... He makes Red Claw look like a child."

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Vilstrup,Apr 11 2010 on  03:33 PM
I agree with DarkHououmon, if a movie like that was in the making, we would have heard it on Wikipedia and IMD's webpage.
Actually, Wikipedia is not the greatest source because anything can be added onto it. IMDB is also not entirely accurate, but I think it's probably more accurate than Wikipedia. A better place for confirmation of the existence of a movie are official sites, such as 20th Century Fox.

ScratteLover2

I have the fanfiction uploaded here, it am working on the first chapter and all three chapters are going to be very long.

ScratteLover2

Write what you think of the first chapter of what I've written so far. Tell me what's good about the story and tell me what's bad about the story. Once I have finished the story, vote on the new poll if I should make a sequel or not.

SonicStreak5344

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Don’t forget about Scrat and his nut obsession that usually leads to disaster.