The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Meet The Galionus Species

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://titanosaur.deviantart.com/

this is a chart showing all the known Galionus species that I have made on spore. mind you, this is only a figure chart of what they look like, not of their size. I DO however have a plan to make a size chart however.

time to make sure I make it clear who's who...

from left to right.

Row 1: Tyrannogalionus, next to it is a male Komodogalionus, next to him is the longnecked Brachiogalionus.

Row 2: the newest, Black-Carchagalionus, next to him. in the upper center, is Profounigalionus. next to him now back on level is Megagalionus wich got a make over and is now featuring blue skin.

Row 3: in the lower center, under Profounigalionus is the originator of the species. he is Unigalionus. and the one under Megagalionus is the original Carchagalionus.

any questions or comments are welcome. if you wish to download any of these creatures to your Sporepedia, they are all tagged under 'Galionus' or 'beast' you are sure to find them all. if not you can also click the ones you do find, click my account page, go to my creature gallary, and from there you are sure to get all the ones you want or need.

enjoy.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Sep 13 2010 on  12:52 AM
They look like the bullsquids from Half-Life. :p
^ What The Devil!?

anyways, glad ya like it. I plan to release a size chart soon. that is if I can get the pic uploaded.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
*UPDATE*

got the size chart made!

warning LARGE pic.

I have to say, I am REALY proud of these creatures I created. they are powerful, large, and come in diffrent shapes and sizes.

anybody here who wants to know more about them I will reply and give the low down of these guys.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
These are very interesting creatures. Do all of them (apart from Unigalionus, I’m guessing) have civilizations? I imagine they’d need some pretty big buildings if they lived in cities.

By the way, I don’t get a bigger version of the size chart when I click on it. :confused Is there somewhere I can see the full-sized version?

I didn’t notice the human scale figure in the size chart for a while, but when I did, I thought “Holy buckets! These guys are HUGE!” :wow The Komodogalionus looks a lot bigger than the 21 feet you described them as being here.

Are Black Carchagalionus just a kind of Carchagalionus? If they’re their own species, then maybe you should come up with a new name for them.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Sep 14 2010 on  03:15 AM
These are very interesting creatures. Do all of them (apart from Unigalionus, I’m guessing) have civilizations? I imagine they’d need some pretty big buildings if they lived in cities.

By the way, I don’t get a bigger version of the size chart when I click on it. :confused Is there somewhere I can see the full-sized version?

I didn’t notice the human scale figure in the size chart for a while, but when I did, I thought “Holy buckets! These guys are HUGE!” :wow The Komodogalionus looks a lot bigger than the 21 feet you described them as being here.

Are Black Carchagalionus just a kind of Carchagalionus? If they’re their own species, then maybe you should come up with a new name for them.
Black-Carchagalionus was named in the tradition of how Digimon that have near the same physical appearance but diffrent color scheme are named. but in this case the only diffrence besides physicaly and color wise, is the fact that Black Carchagalionus is a complete Carnivore. while Carchagalionus is an omnivore. but frankly I am still proud of the names of it. if I feel I should rename Black-Carchagalionus I will. but it is basicly like the only real diffrence is like that of a grizzly and a black bear. Idk.

the full size chart should be the one you see now. I guess the forum automaticly shrinks it down. have you tried saving it to your computer then looking at it that way? if not you may have to use this link...

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p32/Meg...sScaleChart.png

male Komodogalionus are know to get much bigger then that.

on spore I currently have no planets available that has a Galionus species dominant on it. a couple of planets I do have in the space stage however, there is a Carchagalionus empire and a Megagalionus empire. but thats it. I may make some space stage varents for the Tyrannogalionus, Profounigalionus, and Komodogalionus. I already made a space version for the Carchagalionus. so it'll always be ready to be incountered as an empire. but no, none of the planets I have are ruled by a Galionus species. but it doesn't mean they don't exist.

actualy I am thinking of puting a few Galionus species on some planets on spore, put them up as the dominant life forms and have them get to the space stage. some will stay on creature stage, others will be set in the tribal stage. Brachiogalionus for instance will probley stay in the Tribal stage.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Black-Carchagalionus was named in the tradition of how Digimon that have near the same physical appearance but diffrent color scheme are named. but in this case the only diffrence besides physicaly and color wise, is the fact that Black Carchagalionus is a complete Carnivore. while Carchagalionus is an omnivore. but frankly I am still proud of the names of it. if I feel I should rename Black-Carchagalionus I will. but it is basicly like the only real diffrence is like that of a grizzly and a black bear. Idk.
So it IS basically just a big Carchagalionus? I just thought that if it was a similar-looking, but different kind of Galionius, then it deserves its own name (Melanocarchagalionus? Carnogalionus? Sarcogalionus?). But if I understand you correctly, Black Carchagalionus is to Carchagalionus what a black panther is to a leopard or jaguar: it looks different, but it's actually the same kind of animal. In that case it doesn't need a different name. (Grizzlies and black bears are different species, just so you know.)

the full size chart should be the one you see now. I guess the forum automaticly shrinks it down. have you tried saving it to your computer then looking at it that way? if not you may have to use this link...

Oh, is that as big as the image gets? I thought the maximum size would be big enough for me to read the names of the Galionus and the text in the corner. I already checked the one on your Photobucket account and it doesn't get any bigger than the one here. :confused

on spore I currently have no planets available that has a Galionus species dominant on it. a couple of planets I do have in the space stage however, there is a Carchagalionus empire and a Megagalionus empire. but thats it. I may make some space stage varents for the Tyrannogalionus, Profounigalionus, and Komodogalionus. I already made a space version for the Carchagalionus. so it'll always be ready to be incountered as an empire. but no, none of the planets I have are ruled by a Galionus species. but it doesn't mean they don't exist.

actualy I am thinking of puting a few Galionus species on some planets on spore, put them up as the dominant life forms and have them get to the space stage. some will stay on creature stage, others will be set in the tribal stage. Brachiogalionus for instance will probley stay in the Tribal stage.
Actually, I wasn't so much as asking about their status on SPORE (Tribal, Civilization, or otherwise), but whether you would envision them as having civilizations (After all, you may have originally made them on SPORE, but you've expanded significantly on them from there). For example, in your Ascension of Rahl story, the Komodogalionus had a civilization, even though they don't have one on SPORE. I agree with the idea of keeping Brachiogalionus at a lower stage, as I imagine it would be difficult for a creature that huge to build cities (Heck, a blacksmith Brachiogalionus would need a small volcano for a forge :p). I can also imagine Tyrannogalionus as a non-civilized species, instead filling a natural role of top predator of its habitat; the Tyrannosaurus rex of whatever planet(s) it inhabits.

Are any of the Galionus warm-blooded? If they follow the general rule of warm-blooded animals needing to eat 50 times their weight a year to survive (as opposed to five times a year for creatures with low metabolisms), then that means those Megagalionus, Brachiogalionus, and Tyrannogalionus must need a lot of food. :blink:

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Sep 14 2010 on  04:28 AM
So it IS basically just a big Carchagalionus? I just thought that if it was a similar-looking, but different kind of Galionius, then it deserves its own name (Melanocarchagalionus? Carnogalionus? Sarcogalionus?). But if I understand you correctly, Black Carchagalionus is to Carchagalionus what a black panther is to a leopard or jaguar: it looks different, but it's actually the same kind of animal. In that case it doesn't need a different name. (Grizzlies and black bears are different species, just so you know.)

Oh, is that as big as the image gets? I thought the maximum size would be big enough for me to read the names of the Galionus and the text in the corner. I already checked the one on your Photobucket account and it doesn't get any bigger than the one here. :confused

Actually, I wasn't so much as asking about their status on SPORE (Tribal, Civilization, or otherwise), but whether you would envision them as having civilizations (After all, you may have originally made them on SPORE, but you've expanded significantly on them from there). For example, in your Ascension of Rahl story, the Komodogalionus had a civilization, even though they don't have one on SPORE. I agree with the idea of keeping Brachiogalionus at a lower stage, as I imagine it would be difficult for a creature that huge to build cities (Heck, a blacksmith Brachiogalionus would need a small volcano for a forge :p). I can also imagine Tyrannogalionus as a non-civilized species, instead filling a natural role of top predator of its habitat; the Tyrannosaurus rex of whatever planet(s) it inhabits.

Are any of the Galionus warm-blooded? If they follow the general rule of warm-blooded animals needing to eat 50 times their weight a year to survive (as opposed to five times a year for creatures with low metabolisms), then that means those Megagalionus, Brachiogalionus, and Tyrannogalionus must need a lot of food. :blink:
all Galionus species are related in some way to eachother. and are all related to Unigalionus wich is the originator of the species. (its originator is a type of giant squid)

I was realy hoping PB would download the full sized pic. guess not. the pic is much bigger then that. and realy, all the text says is the names and some infomation on their sizes. if you want to see a full scale pic, you can PM me your Email or your MSN email and I can send you the pic that way.

as for a kind of vision for the Galionus species having Civilizations themselfs. I don't have any plans on that. if I do it'll be posted here. and if I do I'll have it that Carchagalionus and Komodogalionus empires at war. dispite being related these species would rather kill eachother.

if I ever posted a story about them I'll post it here. I still like to do artwork on them.

I don't quite know what type of blood the galionus species are. some are warm blooded others are cold. the Brachiogalionus I can defenantly say is warm blooded. therefor, it eats alot. its an omnivore too.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 14 2010 on  05:52 AM
all Galionus species are related in some way to eachother. and are all related to Unigalionus wich is the originator of the species. (its originator is a type of giant squid)
Yes, I did see a picture of a squidlike creature with “Galionus” in its name in your Photobucket gallery. Also a drawing of a Carchagalionus, I think. Both looked very nice. Are you going to post those here? :)

I was realy hoping PB would download the full sized pic. guess not. the pic is much bigger then that. and realy, all the text says is the names and some infomation on their sizes. if you want to see a full scale pic, you can PM me your Email or your MSN email and I can send you the pic that way.
What if you uploaded it to DeviantArt? That way everyone else could see it too.

I don't quite know what type of blood the galionus species are. some are warm blooded others are cold. the Brachiogalionus I can defenantly say is warm blooded. therefor, it eats alot. its an omnivore too.
Why do you see Brachiogalionus in particular being warm blooded, just out of curiosity?

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Sep 13 2010 on  01:52 AM
They look like the bullsquids from Half-Life. :p
That's what I said.  :DD

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Sep 14 2010 on  05:28 AM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 14 2010 on  05:52 AM
Yes, I did see a picture of a squidlike creature with “Galionus” in its name in your Photobucket gallery. Also a drawing of a Carchagalionus, I think. Both looked very nice. Are you going to post those here? :)

What if you uploaded it to DeviantArt? That way everyone else could see it too.

Why do you see Brachiogalionus in particular being warm blooded, just out of curiosity?
I tried putting it on DA. but the upload would always time out. I'll try it again tonight though.

when I draw a Galionus, I always like to keep Biomechanoid, Insectoid, and Saurian in mind. so they will always have that biomechanoid/insectoid dinosaur look. and I thought I did posted the pics on GOF. if not I'll post them here in this thread.

I got plans to do some sketchs where the LBT dinos meet a Galionus species (possibly a Carchagalionus sence they aren't as dangeroud when encountered, only when it feels threatened that it'll attack). lol the thing will still drawf the dinos though. it won't have anything to do with my fanfic though.

Brachiogalionus is warmblooded because if it was cold blooded it would need to stay out in the sun to stay warm. and its so big. so finding shade would be difficult for it. the plates on its back are just there for mating an intimadation. not for heating and cooling down its body.

I did a sketch of Profounigalionus too. btw most of the names these Galionus have are both based after dinosaurs And because of their look and or their features. Unigalionus for instance was named because it is the first galionus. (Uni - Uno, Spanish meaning ONE) . Profounigalionus was givin its name due to its unique mouth design (Profouni meaning Foul Mouthed). Megagalionus at the time was created Before Brachiogalionus. and was thought to be the largest land predator until Brachiogalionus was discovered. Megagalionus litteraly means the Mega Beast. Brachiogalionus was named after Brachiosaurus (or Brontosaurus, or Apatosaurus, wichever you prefer) due to it having a longer neck then most galionus species. Komodogalionus was named after the Komodo Dragon.

the Carchagalionus was named after the dinosaur Cacharadontosaurus.

and ofcourse, Tyrannogalionus (Tyrant Beast) was named after the Tyrannosaurus Rex.  although. Tyrannogalionus could easily kill and eat a T-rex without breaking a sweat.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 14 2010 on  01:24 PM
I tried putting it on DA. but the upload would always time out. I'll try it again tonight though.
Ah. Well, it's not a huge deal if you can't upload it. I was just interested to see a full-sized version if one happened to be readily available.

Brachiogalionus is warmblooded because if it was cold blooded it would need to stay out in the sun to stay warm. and its so big. so finding shade would be difficult for it. the plates on its back are just there for mating an intimadation. not for heating and cooling down its body.
At its size, though, it wouldn’t need to worry much about staying warm; its greatest threat would be overheating. Cold-blooded or warm-blooded, its muscles would generate heat just from being moved around, and once the entire animal was warmed up, it would take a LONG time for its body temperature to drop. (Leatherback sea turtles are technically cold-blooded, but because they’re very large, are almost constantly active, and have a layer of fat that retains heat, they can swim in waters as far north as the Arctic Circle.)

I did a sketch of Profounigalionus too. btw most of the names these Galionus have are both based after dinosaurs And because of their look and or their features. Unigalionus for instance was named because it is the first galionus. (Uni - Uno, Spanish meaning ONE) . Profounigalionus was givin its name due to its unique mouth design (Profouni meaning Foul Mouthed). Megagalionus at the time was created Before Brachiogalionus. and was thought to be the largest land predator until Brachiogalionus was discovered. Megagalionus litteraly means the Mega Beast. Brachiogalionus was named after Brachiosaurus (or Brontosaurus, or Apatosaurus, wichever you prefer) due to it having a longer neck then most galionus species. Komodogalionus was named after the Komodo Dragon.

and ofcourse, Tyrannogalionus (Tyrant Beast) was named after the Tyrannosaurus Rex.  although. Tyrannogalionus could easily kill and eat a T-rex without breaking a sweat.
Thanks. I was actually going to ask where you’d gotten the names for the Galionus species (though I had a pretty good guess for all but Profounigalionus). Just wondering: what were your reasons for giving Komodogalionus and Carchagalionus those particular names?

Brachiogalionus was named after Brachiosaurus (or Brontosaurus, or Apatosaurus, wichever you prefer) due to it having a longer neck then most galionus species.
Brontosaurus is the same as Apatosaurus, but Brachiosaurus is a completely different kind of sauropod, so I’ll go with Brachiosaurus. (“Brontogalionus” might be just as apt, as it would mean “Thunder Beast”, a reference to its voice and footsteps. :p)

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Sep 15 2010 on  11:24 PM
Ah. Well, it's not a huge deal if you can't upload it. I was just interested to see a full-sized version if one happened to be readily available.

At its size, though, it wouldn’t need to worry much about staying warm; its greatest threat would be overheating. Cold-blooded or warm-blooded, its muscles would generate heat just from being moved around, and once the entire animal was warmed up, it would take a LONG time for its body temperature to drop. (Leatherback sea turtles are technically cold-blooded, but because they’re very large, are almost constantly active, and have a layer of fat that retains heat, they can swim in waters as far north as the Arctic Circle.)

and ofcourse, Tyrannogalionus (Tyrant Beast) was named after the Tyrannosaurus Rex. although. Tyrannogalionus could easily kill and eat a T-rex without breaking a sweat.
Thanks. I was actually going to ask where you’d gotten the names for the Galionus species (though I had a pretty good guess for all but Profounigalionus). Just wondering: what were your reasons for giving Komodogalionus and Carchagalionus those particular names?

Brachiogalionus was named after Brachiosaurus (or Brontosaurus, or Apatosaurus, wichever you prefer) due to it having a longer neck then most galionus species.
Brontosaurus is the same as Apatosaurus, but Brachiosaurus is a completely different kind of sauropod, so I’ll go with Brachiosaurus. (“Brontogalionus” might be just as apt, as it would mean “Thunder Beast”, a reference to its voice and footsteps. :p)
I uploaded the size chart on DA. seems to suffer the same problem of being sized down. I suggest just asking me to email it to you if you prefer.

oh as for its body temprature. when I invisioned Brachiogalionus, I invisioned it near a lake. also all Galionus are able to swim so yeah.

As for the Naming of Carchagalionus and Komodogalionus, Carchagalionus was named because I always liked the Carchadontosaurus. so I named Carchagalionus after the dinosaur. Komodogalionus was originaly at one time in its evolution four legged. and was extremely large. so when I was naming it, I desided to name it after the great Komodo dragon. it was originaly gonna be named after Dimetrodon. but I desided to save that for a galionus that has a sail on its back. as for Komodogalionus, I kept the name because I realy liked it.

Apt?

OH! btw, I been expanding a great deal on the Galionus species. and have made a space craft for the Carchagalionus Empire. I will post it as soon as I complete its sketch. I DID however made a SPORE version of the ship. Profounigalionus's Ship and Komodogalionus's Ships are gonna be made real soon. then I'll begin a fiction about the Carchagalionus being at war with the Komodogalionus, and the two alien forces crashland on earth. it'll be alot like G1 Transformers. only the Galionus species aren't looking for energy. but instead a new food source.

anyways, the ship I am sketching now is a Carchagalionus Capital Ship.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 17 2010 on  09:51 PM
I uploaded the size chart on DA. seems to suffer the same problem of being sized down. I suggest just asking me to email it to you if you prefer.
Oh no, the size is fine. You just have to click the “Download” button on the right of the screen to see it full-sized. Thanks. :)

oh as for its body temprature. when I invisioned Brachiogalionus, I invisioned it near a lake. also all Galionus are able to swim so yeah.
What I meant to say with my fact about the leatherback turtle being able to swim in Arctic waters was that just because an animal is cold-blooded doesn't mean that it's necessarily in constant danger of freezing to death, especially if it's very large. Brachiogalionus could be cold-blooded and still stay warm, because its huge body would lose heat so slowly, and it would be generating its own heat just by moving around (This method of controlling body temperature has the rather cool name of gigantothermy). Still, the fact about galionus swimming is interesting, and it would make sense for Brachiogalionus, as that would be a pretty good way for a creature of its size to keep cool. :yes

Apt?
Appropriate; fitting; suitable. (Darn it, am I using too-fancy language without realizing it again? :slap)

OH! btw, I been expanding a great deal on the Galionus species. and have made a space craft for the Carchagalionus Empire. I will post it as soon as I complete its sketch. I DID however made a SPORE version of the ship. Profounigalionus's Ship and Komodogalionus's Ships are gonna be made real soon. then I'll begin a fiction about the Carchagalionus being at war with the Komodogalionus, and the two alien forces crashland on earth. it'll be alot like G1 Transformers. only the Galionus species aren't looking for energy. but instead a new food source.

anyways, the ship I am sketching now is a Carchagalionus Capital Ship.
Ooh, that sounds interesting. Can't wait to see those ships! :smile

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
lol don't have to wait long for thoughs ships. well I got the Carchagalionus ship finished.

I got Profounigalionus and Komodogalionus star ships to create now.

thinking a Komodogalionus Warship would probley be more of a cylidrical shape.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Whoa! :! Looking at the right end as the front, it looks sort of like some kind of futuristic gun. Looking at the left end as the front, it reminds me of a whale shark or some other streamlined sea creature, with huge front fins followed by three pairs of smaller fins. Either way, I’m guessing I’m probably looking at it wrong. :oops

There’s a lot of detail on it, and I like the colors you used. :yes Did you say you made the ship on SPORE as well? I’d like to see that, too. :smile

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
its facing the right way. (interestingly enough, I usualy draw my creatures facing left (their Right) but here I sketched it facing right(its left)) the spikes are under its bow. the 'Heal' is attached to the stern.

lol if you look closely at its side. you can see some Alien writing. wich is translated to 'Bite Me'.

I'll have to take a pic in the creator. sence you don't have spore to view the whole ship.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
okay guys. heres the Galionus Capital Ship on SPORE.

I also finished the Galionus Battle Cruiser for Profounigalionus. I will sketch it first then post it. I still haven't gotten to making the Warship for the Komodogalionus quite yet.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
hate to triple post. but eh. its all for a good reason. anyways I looked around in my Photobucket album, and I found the sketchs of three of the Galionus Species I did.

here is the mighty Cephelogalionus. the true originator of the galionus species. it evolved into Unigalionus. it was ten times bigger then any Giant Squid or Spermwhale.

Carchagalionus. still one of my personal favorite galionus species.

and Profounigalionus.

I hope to draw more of the Galionus species. their one of the greatest creatures I came up with. and I think they are defenantly worth having a fiction created and expanded for them.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 18 2010 on  12:19 AM
lol if you look closely at its side. you can see some Alien writing. wich is translated to 'Bite Me'.
:lol Is that the name of that particular ship (the Bite Me? :p), or more like a bumper sticker for other ships to read?

The SPORE version of the ship is incredible. Those are some nice screenshots. I wish I was that creative at making ships on SPORE.

Cephalogalionus is awesome. :smile (I'm guessing you got the name from “cephalopod”.) The sheer detail is incredible. I love its patterns, especially on the tentacles. What colors do you envision it as having?

You do an amazing job translating the SPORE designs into realistic-looking pictures. Profounigalionus looks particularly good; I love how you drew its head, hands, feet, and tail. The head, back, and tail are what I like most about the Carchagalionus (I love the eyes). And your little close-up drawings of the various body parts are great. :yes