The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Translating the LBT Game

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey gang!

I've been talking with Tim about this and we found it a pretty good idea to translate the game to more languages. This is mainly to let even younger fans from another language enjoy the game as well as fans that cannot speak English very well.

Now of course I can translate the game to Dutch (which I basically already did, I just need to edit the images)... But I cannot translate the game to... German, french, spanish, swedish etc. !

If you guys have some spare time and control a second language completely, feel free to check out this language form. I think it pretty much explains how it works itself.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah392d6/n/...nfiguration_txt

You can download the language file from there. Just fill it in completely(take your time, we don't need it quickly), upload it to any upload service and hand the link over to me or Action (or put it in this topic).

As I said I've basically already done this with Dutch. We're going to have a bunch of other text which we cannot translate yet because it is in Tim's code instead of a text or image file. Once you have uploaded the translated file Tim and I will work on getting it worked into the game.

Of course your name will be on the lbtrpg site and next to that we'll also put you in the credits  :nyah  :smile

I'll put a list of names who are willingly to translate here:

Dutch - Mumbling
French - Mumbling(unless we can get a native French speaker on this board, or someone who can do it better than I).
German - Malte279
Russian - Coyote_A

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I can do a German translation, but keep in mind that later on we are also planning for spoken parts in the Game. I don't think enough native speakers of all languages will be found for an audio version in different languages, but when talking there would be "subtitles" which could be translated, wouldn't there?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Are we planning on spoken parts in the game? I was not quite aware of that.
Yes. I guess in that case subtitles are fine.

Oh and I'll put you on the list as German translator :)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I can translate any text to russian, but i'll have a hard time translating characters' names, since there are no official russian versions. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's okay! Just name them Littlefoot etc. if you want. Germany kept the names thesame as well. Certain languages to change them however and in that case they have to be changed.

Do you want to translate it to Russian? :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quick, nicely done :) Will see if I can get it into the game quickly.

Mind if I PM you if there is something new/extra to be translated?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We'll just have to figure a way that the game can read the russian alphabet though. It will crash if we run it like this, so that will be some programming for Tim :p :angel

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Uh oh. :p

Honestly, translation is a low priority for the game at this time but it will be possible to move all of the game text into external files to make translating easier for everyone!

As for other alphabets, it's beyond my understand at this point to have a solution to that.  I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
BTW, bear in mind that in some languages(Like in russian :D ) nouns, verbs and adjectives have gender. For example the species titles like "flyers" or "threehorns" for male and female characters should be different. For "flyer" it's "Летун"("letun", male) and "Летунья"("letunya", female). For "threehorn" it's "Трехрогий"("trohrogiy", male) and "Трехрогая"("trohrogaya", female). :)