The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I am SO ready for Winter to be over

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Anyone else? Especially this Winter where the temperatures will be okay-ish for a while, but then turn ABSOLUTELY FREEZING COLD SUBZERO! Oh, Lord, Spring cannot get here soon enough.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Same here.  We have had no less than four ice storms this season which have made travel a nightmare.  I will be more than ready for spring to arrive.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
You're not alone. One day it's heavy snow, the next day it's warmer temperatures with pouring rain, then the next day the world freezes over and turns everything to ice, making walking itself such a challenging task! Oh, will this constant snow and ice just end already!?
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I'd be happy if we actually had temperatures above zero even for a day. :D It's been well below -5 degrees and even -10 for weeks now but I guess it's good things aren't even worse. But I, too, will be glad once the spring finally arrives and temperatures reach zero again which hopefully happens by the end of March. :lol

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Here in Germany where I'm living are temperatures about 5?C (41?F). The winter isn't very strong here. Here are only a few days of the year which have icy temperatures. The weather is already getting warmer.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
In all honesty, I like Winter, but I cannot wait for Spring to finally arrive. I'd like to spend more time outside, cycling, running, or just enjoying the pleasant temperatures and the gentle wind.
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus on Feb 15 2018, 09:57:57 PM
Same here.  We have had no less than four ice storms this season which have made travel a nightmare.  I will be more than ready for spring to arrive.
Yeah, this is been a very eventful Winter as far as weather goes. I'd even take a dead cold over this, because at least it'd be consistent. Oh, well, over halfway through February. March isn't far off.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I agree, I'd take dead cold over this as long as it's consistent. The mix of below freezing temperatures interspersed with warm rainy periods makes it impossible to get acclimated to anything, and I've been sick a lot this month. (I'm pretty sure I got two of my professors sick, too :oops ) Not to mention the dangerous condition of the roads with all of the resulting ice.

At this point spring might as well just get here already.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd take -5 to -10 Celsius winter. In fact that's beautiful winter temperatures. I've been stuck with -20 to -30C since January. It's finally gone back up to the -10C range though so things are looking up.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wish we had more snow here in germany... freezing is quite common at night in recent weeks but snow, if it falls, usually melts within a day or two... I'd love to have some consistent cold here as well  but we're too close to the warm ocean.

Btw. since I'm a bit of a weather buff, I've been noticing some patterns lately. I'm not sure how winters used to be in the US but they do seem to be rather cold in recent years which, due to the stronger storms the cold air from North America triggers on the atlantic, seem to cause the unusually warm and rainy winters over here in western europe in recent years. I think the last winter we had a proper winter with snow for periods of longer than a week was 2012 here :sducky:
Inactive, probably forever.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I can deal with extra snow; but, when it comes to the extreme cold, it takes a toll on my body as well as the battery life of my iPod. As an avid walker, I prefer to have music playing in my ears while I'm out, or walking feels more like a chore. Have any of you tried going out for walks without music? Even though, walking is boring without music, I'd still rather have nothing to listen to than put up with music I can't stand; especially from other drivers who have their stereos on full blast and I could feel the vibration on the sidewalk.  

At least winter is more than half over. Hooray!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:29:16 AM by Littlefoot fan 1990 »

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really don't mind the on and off cold that's been happening here in Colorado that much. It makes for some really nice snow on the mountains. I just got back from a spiritual retreat in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo range, and the snow made the mountains really beautiful, but it was warm enough that the roads were safe because all the snow had melted from the areas we were driving through. Besides, who doesn't love seeing some snow on Pikes when it's 60F (or 15C because I hate America's dumb units, especially the Fahrenheit temperature scale :anger ) out? It's also nice to have some snow on the ground down here from time to time.

Those are just my two cents. Maybe I've listened to Look for the Light too many times :p

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Welp. Winter's over and now it's over 90 degree. In May. God help us all.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it could be worse Weird . it could be 115-120. When its THAT hot. you stay inside, and pump up the AC. Full Blast.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
it could be worse Weird . it could be 115-120. When its THAT hot. you stay inside, and pump up the AC. Full Blast.
As hot as it is already, it wouldn't be surprised if we came too close for comfort to those temperatures this year. I think the sun is pretty active this year, actually.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Fortunately, living next to a Great Lake moderates the temperatures, so I doubt we'll get to 100+ This year, even if the rest of the state bakes.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: