The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A new gang member says "hello" :D

Gwenda · 21 · 3452

Gwenda

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hello!
My name is Gwenda and I'm excited to join this community :D

I’m fond of LBT since I was a child. The first movie still is one of my absolute favourite things ever, I really adore it :)
And I have to say that the sequels have many enjoyable and beautiful scenes, too, even though they aren't perfect. ^^

What I love most about LBT are the vivid and likeable characters. (Ducky is my fave. I like Littlefoot and Grandpa Longneck very much as well!)
To be honest, I'm not very interested in real dinosaurs. Sure, they are fascinating, but they're extinct, and there are many just as fascinating animals which are still alive.   :p
I generally enjoy animated movies about animals, tho', and I love the little dinosaurs' designs.

My interest for stories about speaking and/or fantastical animals is partly the reason why I'm a proud member of the Furry fandom. I guess this interest is also one of the reasons why I'm a Brony and PokÈmon fan. ^^

And now I wanna join this nice fandom, too.  :)littlefoot

Mhmm, what else can I tell you about me? Let’s see…
- I’m from Cologne, Germany.
- I'm an animal shelter and bird rescue volunteer, starting as a vet trainee next year.
- Now and again, I like to draw and write.
- My favourite movies apart from LBT: "Rise of the Guardians", "My Neighbor Totoro", "Spirited Away", "Lilo & Stitch", "Wall-E", "How To Train Your Dragon" aaand the 2015 film version of "The Little Prince".
- My favourite books are the "Silverwing"-Trilogy and Harry Potter.
- My favourite bands/musicians are Rammstein and Udo Lindenberg.
- The very adorable dragon in my avatar and signature is my main Furry character, whom I also use in a Pen & Paper role-playing game. Her name is Empyrea and she's happy to meet you all. :lol

And so am I. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us Gwenda :)
I think this is the first time I ever met someone in real life before he or she joined the GOF rather than the other way round.
Please feel feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own :yes

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Hi there mate :wave and welcome to GoF, hope you enjoy your time here   ^^spike and yikes you share the birthday as me   :!
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quite a few interests there, and you're not the only German on here, as you likely know now.  

I've seen Spirited away, good movie. I've not seen the others, though I've seen some episodes of the how to train your dragon tv series.  

Very cute dragon in your signature & avatar.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Gwenda,Sep 13 2016 on  04:03 PM
A new gang member says "hello"
Please don't beat me down and take my material possessions!  :unsure:
 :smile
Hello and welcome, new gang member ( :unsure: ).
Silverwing you say? I must now put some money away to buy the books in the series because you've reignited my love for that series. It's been so long since I read them, but I remember reading the first 2 in high school and begging our librarian to get the last two books. She never did.  :(
Hope you enjoy your stay here.  ^^spike

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

Gwenda

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Sorry, I messed up my post. Here we go again ^^'':

Thank you all for the nice welcome! :) Looks like a friendly community here! :)littlefoot

@Justin1993:
"Please don't beat me down and take my material possessions!"
Wait, aren't we supposed to do this together to other people? We're in the same gang after all. :lol
"Silverwing you say? I must now put some money away to buy the books in the series because you've reignited my love for that series."
Yay, I'm happy that I did! Those books are awesome. They're quite special and unique - very creative and fascinating. I also love how they put "normal" animals which live a natural live (except for being able to speak and think like humans) into a thrilling fantasy story. "Silverwing" made me interested in real bats, too. ^^

@Kor:
"Very cute dragon in your signature & avatar."
Thanks, my dragon is flattered! ;)

@The Lone Dragon:
"and yikes you share the birthday as me"
Aaaand we both have dragon avatars. What a funny coincidence :lol:

@Malte:
"I think this is the first time I ever met someone in real life before he or she joined the GOF rather than the other way round."
I guess there's a first time for everything. :lol:
Btw: I like the sayings in your signature very much.  :)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Hello and greetings from Russia. Welcome to the GoF! :DD

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!  :wave It is always nice to see a new member.  I hope that you enjoy your time here.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Gwenda

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot, you two! :)

Oh, I'm sure I will enjoy being a member of your gang! ;)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Welcome, welcome! Always good to see new members :D

Ah, the Silverwing series is also a favorite of mine! Have you read the prequel (sort of) Duskwing?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum Gwenda! always good to have a new member " Von Deutschland", and your signature is very nice. Looking forward to seeing you around.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gwenda

• Ruby
    • View Profile
@DarkWolf91:
Thank you! :)
Yes, I've read "Duskwing", but it didn't enthuse me nearly as much as the original series. I liked the book (it definitely wasn't bad), but I didn't love it. ^^

@Nick22:
Thanks! :)littlefoot
(It would be "aus Deutschland", but close enough ;)).

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Quote from: Gwenda,Sep 18 2016 on  05:46 AM
@DarkWolf91:
Thank you! :)
Yes, I've read "Duskwing", but it didn't enthuse me nearly as much as the original series. I liked the book (it definitely wasn't bad), but I didn't love it. ^^
I can understand that! I found it an interesting stand-alone novel, but it wasn't quite as fantastical as the original trilogy, and the characters weren't quite as interesting. Will have to re-read the books soon :smile

ddmkm122

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Gwenda

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thank you all very much! :)

@DarkWolf91: I'm gonna do the same thing. All this talk about Silverwing really made me want to read the books again. :lol: