The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

why stop

leerdamer

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.onseccky.weebly.com
Why is the land before time series stopped or will there ever be a movie. Who can give me the answer :DD

thanks leerdamer :wow

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum, first of all. It’s very nice to have a new member. About there being a new movie, it is unlikely, but not literally impossible. Universal Cartoon Studios shut down production of LBT media, but it’s not like they locked away all creative minds that can make such films on a deserted island and threw away the key. So in a sense, there could be another one, but the chances of that are sadly on par with winning the lottery. As for why it stopped, I personally don’t know, sorry. If there was an announced explanation for why they were stopped, people such as Landbeforetimelover, DarkHououmon, and Pokeplayer984 are experts on things like that and so could tell you if there was any news on the subject. I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

You're welcome,
The Friendly Sharptooth

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Aug 5 2011 on  02:59 PM
Welcome to the forum, first of all. It’s very nice to have a new member. About there being a new movie, it is unlikely, but not literally impossible. Universal Cartoon Studios shut down production of LBT media, but it’s not like they locked away all creative minds that can make such films on a deserted island and threw away the key. So in a sense, there could be another one, but the chances of that are sadly on par with winning the lottery. As for why it stopped, I personally don’t know, sorry. If there was an announced explanation for why they were stopped, people such as Landbeforetimelover, DarkHououmon, and Pokeplayer984 are experts on things like that and so could tell you if there was any news on the subject. I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

You're welcome,
The Friendly Sharptooth
Yeah. I wonder if it would be possible to ever get in contact with any of the major members of the crew on the sequels (Like Charles Grovesnor, or someone). Maybe they could enlighten us.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
From what I've heard, Universal Animation Studios has been closed down for the past 3 or 4 years. That was the studio that was making the LBT movies and TV show episodes.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
What I found out was it's still wide open and they're making a DM2. Movie. So it's stioll wide open. I guess 13 really killed the movie series.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
What does DM2 stand for?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The mother of Aria Noelle Curzon (Aria is the one who voices Ducky.) gave us the unfortunate information that the "Universal Animation Studio" was shut down and that all production of The Land Before Time was stopped.

It happened back in 2008, only weeks before the economic collapse of the US. (So yeah, there's no blame for that.) This was mainly due to LBT 13 doing SO badly.  It did terribly and has become the main blame for The Land Before Time not continuing anymore.

Despite the efforts of the fans to get the franchise more popular, Universal currently has no plans of continuing The Land Before Time.  I wouldn't be surprised if the studio was shut down only temporarily and came back at some point to work on other projects, but for now, there is nothing planned for The Land Before Time.

Maybe one day the efforts of the fans will pay off and we'll see another movie of The Land Before Time, but until then, it's a dead franchise, and that's currently the bottom line.  Trust me though, the day it happens, you'll hear it from the dedicated members of The Gang of Five first. :)

leerdamer

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 5 2011 on  11:58 PM
The mother of Aria Noelle Curzon (Aria is the one who voices Ducky.) gave us the unfortunate information that the "Universal Animation Studio" was shut down and that all production of The Land Before Time was stopped.

It happened back in 2008, only weeks before the economic collapse of the US. (So yeah, there's no blame for that.) This was mainly due to LBT 13 doing SO badly.  It did terribly and has become the main blame for The Land Before Time not continuing anymore.

Despite the efforts of the fans to get the franchise more popular, Universal currently has no plans of continuing The Land Before Time.  I wouldn't be surprised if the studio was shut down only temporarily and came back at some point to work on other projects, but for now, there is nothing planned for The Land Before Time.

Maybe one day the efforts of the fans will pay off and we'll see another movie of The Land Before Time, but until then, it's a dead franchise, and that's currently the bottom line.  Trust me though, the day it happens, you'll hear it from the dedicated members of The Gang of Five first. :)
I look at Dutchman.
your laws also faster than me, so that I make of myself on the site.
but thanks for the information.
can not wait if it will ever happen Part 14

leerdamer :rolleyes:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
So nope movie fourteen will not happen like I said do the 13 being the worst of the whole franchise. It's there fault for making such a horrible ending to the series,

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There is another reason which nobody addressed so far. Within the relatively limited range of possibilities of events in the world of LBT story writers may not be able to think of sufficient new scenarios that are more than basically repetitions of what we have seen already. Personally I believe that there are some more options, but surely there is a reason that hardly any fanfiction existing sticks to the limits provided by the world of LBT but are crossing overs instead, or stories involving actions that are simply not plausible for land before time characters to take (and that includes the stories I have written myself, so please don't misinterpret this post as nothing more but another of my rants against the "not true to LBT type of fanfiction").

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah maybe they ran of ideas for a new movie to be made. It would be nice that a fourteenth movie to be made someday. But it won'nt sad to say. Kinda hoped for another.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
This was mainly due to LBT 13 doing SO badly.  It did terribly and has become the main blame for The Land Before Time not continuing anymore.

This is stupid, it simply was the movie that just plain sucked. A huge drop from any of the previous sequels.

leerdamer

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pikkutassu,Aug 20 2011 on  09:44 AM
This was mainly due to LBT 13 doing SO badly.  It did terribly and has become the main blame for The Land Before Time not continuing anymore.

This is stupid, it simply was the movie that just plain sucked. A huge drop from any of the previous sequels.
was also known as Section 13 was really bad

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah l know it was bad but it could have been a Lot of better if they didn't add the Yellow Bellies.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I really wanted a fourteenth, but I hoped it would be better than the thirteenth.  Unfortunately, they didn't make a sequel and closed the LBT office.  I doubt they are going to reopen.  They will need a lot of money to have it open.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah but Universal Animated Studio killed the franchise by making such a horrible movie that they will never make a 14th no matter how much many they have. They don't wanna waste a lot of money on something that isn't gonna be liked by certain fans. If they did make a Land Before Time 14 I'd watch it. But it won't have a huge fan base.

leerdamer

• Ruby
    • View Profile
hello,
i am weer back :lol

Thus,
in simple language is that there is one small cash portion 14 come?
look at the fansite of the Netherlands, England and amirika, how many people are hoping for part 14.
I myself have many ideas, how may look fourteen? :goodluck

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Leerdamer, the chances of Land Before Time XIV being made are very low. The official Land Before Time website hasn't published any news for years.

As for how would you like the 14th movie to look like, search around this forum a bit. There's a thread where this is being discussed. You can post your ideas there.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So will this be the final nail in the coffin for both The Gang of Five and the fandom?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't quite follow you, Daddytopps. It's been 4 years since the last movie and the fandom isn't dead yet. In fact, we produce so many LBT-related materials (fanfictions mostly) that they don't get even reviewed properly.