The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
This Valentine's Day, I proposed to my girlfriend of four years. We met in college (dinosaurs class specifically) and I finally tied the knot :wub We both have stayed up really late talking and doing the same things, we share all the same interests, we're both going into video game writing as a career, and I've never met another person who I'd rather spend the rest of my life with.

I got really really really REALLY REALLY lucky with the ring, because I inherited a really good ring from my Grandma, it looks kinda like this one, only imagine the metal were gold and there was no wreath around the sapphire:

So I'm very excited and so is she!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Congratulations Nick :)
This is awesome for you and I wish both of you all the best for your future life :yes

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Beautiful ring!  :wub  Congratulations, and many blessings in your married life.  :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congratulations.  I'm sure things will go well, beautiful ring.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congratulations LBT! Have you guys set a wedding date yet?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Congrats! As said before, many blessings.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Congratulations! :) That's a very nice looking ring right there, I've always loved such blue colours.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Congratulations, man! That's so amazing! Best of luck to you! :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Congratulations! Way a go!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
That's awesome, LB&T! :wow Congratulations! :D

I could be wrong, but this is the first time I can remember anyone announcing an engagement on the GOF. It feels very special. :smile

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Pangaea,Feb 16 2013 on  05:36 PM
That's awesome, LB&T! :wow Congratulations! :D

I could be wrong, but this is the first time I can remember anyone announcing an engagement on the GOF. It feels very special. :smile
Really? Wow! I'm also the first in my circle of friends to get married. Which is weird because I'm kinda old.

Congratulations LBT! Have you guys set a wedding date yet?

Probably September. We need to find a secure place to live; we're living very transitory at the moment and we want to make sure we are settled down before getting a wedding set up. We plan on this being a long engagement, kind of like our dating relationship was.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is fantastic! Dear LBT, please accept my sincerest, my best wishes for your lives ahead! May your spoons find only honey in the vessel of your togetherness! (to paraphrase a Croatian saying)

One thing, less important perhaps, I hope as well. That this doesn't mean that the marathon runner is running his last lap.  ;)

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Congrats! May you two have many happy years together!

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
You know, I think you might be the first member here to announce this occasion...if not, then in a long time.

Might even become the first parent potentially.

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
Wow man! That's awesome! Congratulations!!!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Thank you all! :D It's nice to see such a warm response, even when I've been rather absent on the forums lately. Working on my senior thesis, only a few months left of college.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That is very good indeed, about to finish your thesis and also engaged! your life is surely going very well for you, I hope it will keep up like that and better  :DD .

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Congrats.  But I just about died when I read your post here.  I dunno.  I guess I still think of everyone here as in their mid to late teens.  It just goes to show you how long this board has been around.  Heck, even I'm not a teenager anymore. :p I will be single forever (a personal choice), but I wonder how many other members will become happily married in the years to come?  Only time will tell I suppose.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wow, how exciting!  :cheers And good luck on your thesis and finding a new place to live.  :yes

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Feb 17 2013 on  01:11 PM
Congrats.  But I just about died when I read your post here.  I dunno.  I guess I still think of everyone here as in their mid to late teens.  It just goes to show you how long this board has been around.  Heck, even I'm not a teenager anymore. :p I will be single forever (a personal choice), but I wonder how many other members will become happily married in the years to come?  Only time will tell I suppose.
Isn't it weird? I remember when Malte wasn't graduated from college yet and most of use weren't even out of high school. It's really weird, seeing everyone on the GOF growing and changing so much. Certainly back in 2008 I never thought I would be announcing my engagement to you guys.