The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

breaking my caffine addiction

812558 · 14 · 1434

• Spike
    • View Profile
as simple as the title says. for the next 2 weeks i am going to go without cafine and see if i have any side effects as seen with other stimulant withdrawl. wish me luck.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I find that orange juice (especially fresh squeezed) can be a good replacement for caffine. ^^ Maybe you can try that.

Good luck breaking the caffine. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Good luck with breaking your caffine addiction, I'm sure you'll be able to succeed.  I second what Rat Lady said, orange juice is a very good replacement to anything with caffeine in it.  :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Don't forget that caffeine, especially in coffee, comes with numerous health benefits if consumed in MODERATION.  As with anything else, moderation is the key.  The thing to do is to find a happy medium.  Good luck in doing so :goodluck.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck on doing that.  I'm sure you'll find a system that'll work for you, hopefully this one.    :goodluck

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I broke my soda addiction during the summer, but replaced it with unsweetened tea or decaf coffee.  Granted I still have some of the caffeine, but far less than drinking sodas in the afternoon and evening. ;)  My body got used to it after a week.  I still have the occasional soda but far less than I used to consume.  Don't cold turkey caffeine - replace it with a less caffeinated drink to avoid withdrawl.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
He he.  I haven't had a pop in years.  You can handle it, but if you're trying to break the pop habit, I'll let you know it took me about 8 months before I didn't crave it on a daily basis. :( It was rough man.  I'm a much happier guy now that I've stopped drinking the stuff though.  And the $50 a month cost of pop going away wasn't too bad a thing either. :p I never realized how much I spent on pop.  Then I stopped drinking bottled water (another $50 a month expense) so I'm saving about $100 a month just by changing my drinking habits!

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I wish you good luck! I'm sure you can do it. If it ever gets hard, try to find a substitute drink... diet/caffeine free sodas are a good way to do it if the regular kind were part of the problem.

• Spike
    • View Profile
it has been 42 hours since my last soda and i am starting to feel the effects, this day's gonna be a killer

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck.  I'm sure you can make it.   :yes

Another option is gradually lessening the caffeine you drink daily.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I would do a lesser-caffinated drink to ease the effects you're going to feel.  Seriously.  Don't cut it off all at once.  Caffiene is a drug after all..you need to be weaned slowly to prevent the sudden urge to drinking soda again.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I cut off drinking pop immediately after I came home from the dentist.  I went from having 3-5 cans of soda per day to 0 and I haven't had a pop since.  Didn't wean myself off of it at all.  I gotta say, during that first week, the only thing I could think about was pop.  I like failed every assignment I got in school that week because all I could think about was how much I waned a pop.

EDIT:
It's been years and I'm craving a pop right now thanks to this wonderful conversation d*****.  Mmmmmmmmmm.....a nice Dr. P and a Little Caesars pizza is about the BEST meal on the planet.  I guess it's a microwave burrito and some water for me though. :(

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know why but I never really seem to notice a boost in energy when I have a caffeinated drink. I have just one cup of coffee in the morning and I don't do it to wake up, I just like the way coffee tastes. I only have one and I refuse to have another one for the rest of the day.

I also don't think I could get addicted to pop if I tried. If I drink more than just 1 can of soda in one day, I don't feel right the entire day. Carbonated water does something strange to my stomach if I drink it in excess, so I strictly monitor the amount of soda I intake. To be honest, I like the avoid drinking soda altogether, but unfortunately that's usually the only type of drink we have in this house. But to me it seems like nothing good comes from drinking soda, since carbonated water supposedly does not hydrate you, and soda is always loaded with corn syrup, which is probably the worst sweetener there is to be consuming a lot of.