The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mario Party (all).

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile

Guess how I got this little layer ripped off of my hand.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
heh, I have a pretty good idea :p

Mario Party; what a great series! :D

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sure is! It's more fun when you have a group of friends to play it with, though. Another thing I don't like about it is it's large dependence on luck and fortune to make the game work. I was playing the original one with my brother today (hence the tore hand), and we picked the Mario rainbow one. I had, like, 60 coins, and was about to make it to Toad, but everyone was hitting the confounded green question-mark spaces, switching it back and forth between Toad and Bowser. Guess which one I got? I lost 40 coins, if that gives you a hint.

My favorite out of the series is probably Mario Party 2, behind Mario Party 7 (I only have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th ones). You can list your favorites here, as well.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I like the minigames there! Something I hate there is when someone takes your coins and/or stars you've got. :angry:

Anyway, I like the games, but I played until the 4th game. I've never had the chance to play the other ones.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I haven't played much of Mario Party, but I have played a couple of them in multiplayer. I had a blast playing Mario Party 8 with my friends one time, and I won the game on my first gameplay of it XD

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I got another blister somehow:

The camera doesn't do justice to the lump on my finger. If I have my way, this game is going to see it's place in a garage sale due to it's ability to injure me in various ways. I'm probably going to use nail clippers to poke the thang to death. Might not be the best thing to do, but it's what I always do, anyway, usually, with a certain degree of success.

Anyway, My brother and I just finished the game. I actually won [again] in the end, because I cleaned up [again] in the bonus star department. Before the bonus stars, I (Wario) had 1 star and 130 odd coins (I had so little stars because I purchased so many throughout the course of the game, so everybody kept stealin' em -_- ), my brother (Mario) had 2 stars and 100 odd coins, one computer (Yoshi) had 2 stars and 50 odd coins, and another (Luigi) had 2 stars and 20 odd coins. I got the first bonus star (most coins collected in mini-games, which was 211), Yoshi got the second one (most coins earned throughout the course of the game; unknown), and Luigi and me tied for the question mark space one (we each hit 5). The end results were 3 stars and 130 coins for me, 3 stars and 50 coins for Yoshi, 3 stars and 20 coins for Luigi, and 2 stars and 10 coins for Mario. So, yes, the bonus stars turned that game around for me.

Has anyone else here noticed that in the Mario Party games (especially the first one), that the green Koopa troopa normally picks last place or someone else behind in the last 5 tears projected winner thing? And that, while they are unlikely to win then, everybody starts hitting chance time spaces so that everybody else starts giving that character stars and coins? You have to make sure to avoid chance time whenever you can if someone else other than you is projected to win.