The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lord of the Rings Marathon

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I just got back from the official all-day screening of the Remastered Blue-Ray versions of the LotR Extended Cuts. I went with my parents, brother, sisters, and best friends and had a merry time with them, but...

I have to say, that seeing all three films all at once was...surprisingly exhausting. 12 1/2 hours sitting in the theater was more taxing than I thought it'd be. I can't even remember the last time my eyes felt this heavy.
Still, it was fun and totally worth it. Those films are masterpieces. I took the opportunity to go because I knew it would probably never come my way again, especially where the extended cuts are concerned.

Peter Jackson actually recorded an intro for each film where he thanked everyone that took the trouble to pay $20 per ticket (it hurt my wallet paying everyone's way in, but it was understood that this was my Christmas present to everyone). Jackson tended a ramble, but the thought was appreciated. By the way, get these on Blue-Ray as soon as you can. This is the carefully done GOOD kind of Blue-Ray. These films have never looked better.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf