The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Guido

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: stars,Jun 26 2008 on  12:42 AM
To me he is naturaly funny without tyring sometimes.
That right there is one of the biggest reasons he's one of my favorite characters in the whole series.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder how popular of a character he is with most lbt fans.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
Guido is popular with me. I like him. :)

Rallag7

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I like Guido as well but in a few fics on ff.net he is portrayed as 'geeky' because of his nervous behaviour. :anger

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like Guido too, and

Rallag7, since I know my fanfic's one of the ones you are referencing (Since you reviewed it on ff.net), I only made Guido a "Geeky" type character since out of all the canon characters, he would probably be one who characters like shorty would pick on (In my fic at least,), but yeah, I think Guido's cool. He made 12 the best post-part 10 sequel

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He is a very interesting character.  I wonder how well he'd fit in if he was an occasional gang member.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I think he would have a close bond with Petrie in a brotherly way. Maybe he would be friends with Ducky and Spike too, considering they are more of the "underdogs" of the gang. Little Foot would probably support him and stick up for him. Cera might too though, she is of course...Cera.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jun 25 2008 on  10:25 PM
and I swear he has Asperger's Syndrome.
I agree so much  :lol . That's one thing for me to associate with.

I just re-watched XII to decide if Guido should be #2 in my favorite character list. He gets it.

He reminds me SO much of my boyfriend! He can't get his thoughts together (like when he was talking to Tops at the end, after he called him "Big Guy"), he doesn't like leafy greens, he's awkward, different from his peers, and he wants to fit in and be himself at the same time. And Guido even LOOKS a little bit like my boyfriend <3 .

I personally think that he is suffering from memory loss. He says that he "woke up and he was there". I think that he got separated from his group when he sleep-walked/flew. He landed in the Great Valley and must've hit his head pretty hard, which caused him to wake up. However, the hit made him forget everything up to when he woke up.

Lol, that's another thing I associate him with my boyfriend with. He can't remember a lot of stuff. I SWEAR the best example of that was him asking what the Hope Diamond was three times and every time I said "I've already told you!"

And he releases THE crowning moment of funny in the entire series. "Your rear ends look just like your faces, so how can he tell which way to go?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They do give him quite a few comedic lines and he is a very unique character indeed.  o bad he wasn't in more stuff after he was introduced, but many characters have that problem in lbt.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, at least he was one of the lucky ones to get a spot in the TV series. They did mention that he met Chomper and Ruby when he babysat Tricia. Now THERE'S something I would have liked to see.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Jan 4 2010 on  03:32 AM
"Your rear ends look just like your faces, so how can he tell which way to go?"
Best. Line. EVER. :spit

Guido = the funniest thing that has ever happened to an LBT sequel. :lol

I love comic-relief characters.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Jan 3 2010 on  08:46 PM
Quote from: Ptyra,Jan 4 2010 on  03:32 AM
"Your rear ends look just like your faces, so how can he tell which way to go?"
Best. Line. EVER. :spit

Guido = the funniest thing that has ever happened to an LBT sequel. :lol

I love comic-relief characters.
And when he called Topsy "Lady"  :smile . Then "Big Guy" at the end. THAT'S where the Asburgers kicks in. Annd the mud thing.
"I did it so he wouldn't have to."

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Aspergers is a bit of a long shot, I would say he's just socially awkward.

He's my favourite character by far, mostly because he reminds me of how I am in real life... another weirdo.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not the only one.  I'm a very weird person in rl.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Guido is cool and he's also funny in many cases.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I like Guido because I sort of act like him during my awkward moments, right down to my speech patterns. It's kind of uncanny.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Jun 24 2008 on  07:28 PM
I have a few similarities to Guido:
*I try to be supportive with my friends and other people I truly care about
*I am VERY self-consious
*I sometimes speak with more words then I need to when I get nervous talking to certain people.
*I feel very different from my peers as far as my views and likes go.(i.e:I like LBT :P: )

Yes, I love this character :) he's sweet natured, shy, loyal, and oh-so darn cute! :D
Same here rat_lady. In "The Hermit of Black Rock", he said that he was afraid of the dark. I can relate to that, since I used to be just as afraid of the dark as Guido was. However, I outgrew that fear when I got older.

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
hey Im sure I put a post on this topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any way, I love him ,I wish he was my boyfriend because hes perfect !  :wub  :wub WHY DO SOME PEOPLE THINK HES WEIRD ?  

My friends think its weird that I have a crush on him but hes kinda like an imaginary boyfriend if you get what I mean  ....... :wub  :wub  :wub  :wub  :wub

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
:anger  GEEKY ?  HOW DARE YOU CALL MY GUIDO GEEKY !!!!!!!!! :anger  :anger

:lol

I love Guido sooooo much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wub  :wub  :wub   BIG GUY , the mud thing ,sorry lady I didnt realise ( topsey) ,your rearends look just like your faces, Im afraid of being afraid , loooooooooooove it !!!!!  :lol  :lol

he is HOT  !!!!  :wub  :wub  :wub  :wub  :wub  cute , kind ,caring ,funny ,good looking ,unique ,sometimes nervouse like me, HES ABSOLUTLY PERFECT !  :wub  :wub  :celebrate

Bruton the Iguanodon

I wonder how popular of a character he is with most lbt fans.

http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=2938

According to the "top 10 characters" votes he is the 7th most popular LBT character on here. I didn't realize he was so popular, so it was a little shocking when I first saw it, but really, when you think about it, it's not. Guido is awesome, I adore him, and actually think he ties with Mo as the most creative, mysterious character in the series---maybe moreso, since there are none like him we've met!  ;)

And also, keep up the good work of loving Guido, Guidolover, the biggest Guido lover ever. No one could be as dedicated or loving to Guido as you are. I'm sure he'd be very touched if he met you.  ;)

Oh...and here's an interesting story. I was at my school this year, and I was busy thinking about LBT, and then started thinking about Guido, and the noticed that on a white board it said... "Guido video." No one knew what it meant, since it was something left over from last year. Anyways, it was there for a while before someone erased it, but I wrote it on a few other whiteboards, cause I thought it sounded cute.  :smile