The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Online friends vs Physical friends

oogaboo · 23 · 4565

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
We can all hopefully agree that relationships is the most important and meaningful ways of life. We all want to have a relationship with somebody.
In my case, not anymore.

I do wish sometimes to have someone around me but when I think about past "friends" I really do not want to have any sort of relationship anymore. I learned that friendship and love is just temporary and most of the time these two things are just excuses to abuse and use someone. To each his own...

When it comes to real friends vs online friends I think the latter is better. It doesn't hurt so bad to lose an online friend.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
lI am very shy in rl, a bit less so online.  I find it easier to make friends online then in rl.  I guess part of it is online is easier for shy people due to it not being face to face & it is easy to find folks who share certain interests with you then it is in rl.  I have way more online friends then rl friends.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I started to mix up online friends and physical friends. I'm part of the brony fandom which is pretty active around here; usually once a month we all meet together and we're all people who first talked to each other via online community (meetup sizes go from at least 10 up to 50+).

I also met my girlfriend online as well, and I just can't imagine to find such a wonderful person who shares so many things with you just by meeting her on a party or something. When I went to a party, I just knew I probably won't see anyone there again, even if it wass a good time. That's how it always has been to me, including parties, schools I've been to, whatever. I never really kept close contact to any of them because we were just too different, but that's okay.

I have no problem talking to people I meet just like that but it almost never happens that we share anything. If we do, it's always cool, of course, but I met some really great guys because of the MLP fandom and they're really good friends to me. But since I also know them in person, it's kind of a mix, and everytime we meet, it is a blast.