The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GoF Singing Project reloaded?

Ducky123 · 89 · 17850

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm probably going to do a vocal cover of 'If We Hold On Together' in the near future, just need to find a good instrumental track for the background.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I made an instrumental arrangement of If We Hold On Together about 10 years ago (so the virtual instrument tech isn't quite up to par but I don't think it's awful). It's completely different from the original song but you're welcome to use it if you wish.

It can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B96eLzW5-...NEFGYlo0OGk4WHc

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks Tim.

I'll be honest, it still sounds very good after so long.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,Sep 18 2016 on  12:24 PM
Thanks Tim.

I'll be honest, it still sounds very good after so long.
I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

I'm glad it's still seeing some use after all these years. I originally wrote that arrangement for one of our Gang of Five karaoke projects. There's a version of that music with a large number of GoF members singing the full lyrics to the song, including myself. In an effort to deal with the fact that everyone was recording on a different mic, I drowned the vocal parts in noise reduction and reverb and in hindsight probably over-processed the crap out of it, but that's okay. The alternative was pretty rough, too, so I made a call and ran with it. :p

At least for myself though, I use the term "singing" quite loosely. Singing was never exactly a strong skill of mine.  :lol

I still have that version posted up online if you're curious:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B96eLzW5-...cF9GcWk5M0V3bkk

At 1:28 in this vocal version, you can hear myself, tobeysan and Amethyst singing the second verse and second chorus. This was especially memorable for me because the 3 of us are friends in real life and we actually got together in tobeysan's basement, rigged up some audio equipment and recorded all 3 parts together, simultaneously on 2 computers and 3 microphones (panning 1 mic left and 1 mic right to capture both vocal parts independently).

I have an outtake recording of Tobeysan trying to sing the song for the first time and not knowing the lyrics. :lol Ah, good times!

Actually, lemme find that because it's funny....

[EDIT] HA! Here we go! :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B96eLzW5-...dEkyWFY5YnpkZTQ

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
So is this still happening? I finally have enough self-esteem to add my voice to the mix. We could even do a LBT 14 song to keep with the times.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Things keep getting in the way, preventing me from making much progress on the song. :( I'll have my last exam for a while tomorrow, I hope I'll have more time in the next few weeks so I can finally finish adventuring...

I'm very open about trying a LBT 14 song if everybody agrees to that :)
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks like people are busy with there life's and abandoned this.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, that'll happen. These projects are a lot of tedious work and it's not for everyone.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Ducky!

Any luck on this?
Whenever I want to actually sit down and do this, something else comes up and I forget about it again  :bang I should have enough time to pull it off this spring, it's just a matter of doing it... just keep pestering me guys, really, do! :lol:

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing this

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I may make a habit of bumping this once a month just to keep it alive.  :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah  ^^spike

I'm about to have a job until the end of March so again no time  <_<

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well that's awesome that you're getting job tho. Good luck With the job. What job are you getting anyway?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's awesome that you're trying to bring this back. If you're still working on this then I am totally down for participating! Adventuring is the song? I can get behind that. I've actually been singing LBT songs on my 30min drive to work recently to help wake myself up at 5am and Adventuring is one of them.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I've just tried getting back into it yeah but it's tough :D Found a program that's a little easier to use now so I really hope I get some progress done soon  :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No worries. I can imagine that it would be pretty darn hard to do. Best of luck!

I was looking back and I found out that I signed up for Tim's Beyond the Mysterious Beyond sometime before I dropped off (though finding out he never finished it until 2015 makes me feel a bit better) so I hope I can stick around for this one.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's been a long while since I originally announced this so maybe I should start the call for participants anew? Also, if there's anybody who can help me with the music would be really helpful (like, somebody to look over my stuff and make suggestions/corrections :)

I'll have more time on my hands from next week on so hopefully I can show a little preview by then... though I won't care much for instrumentation much and just focus on getting the notes right :angel

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I could take a look whenever your ready. I don't know how much of a help I'll be but the way I look at it is that at the very worst I won't be of any help at all. :p