The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

(NEW SCRIPT FOUND!) The Secret of Saurus Rock Draft Script Discussion

Hypno · 44 · 9287

Poll

How long have you been waiting for cut material for the sequels to finally be found?

Under a year
7 (38.9%)
Under 5 years
5 (27.8%)
5-10 years
4 (22.2%)
10-15 years
1 (5.6%)
15+ years
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Hey guys!! You all remember me as Hypno, and I have returned to the forum after a four-month hiatus (the Gang of Five has always been an incredible place, great to be back! :yes), and I am here to deliver some exciting news today! I have some HUGE news concerning deleted scenes in The Land Before Time sequels, specifically The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock! :SmugSpike
As you all know, this was the final LBT film to be released during the 1990s, and the final installment to use the old-fashioned, hand-drawn traditional animation. This was the movie that first introduced us to the legendary Lone Dinosaur, the mysterious longneck named Doc (who may or may not be the aforementioned legend), the magnificent monument known as Saurus Rock, Allosaurus, tornadoes, and... the concept of... bad luck... oh... and those annoying threehorn siblings known as Dinah and Dana  :lol
Indeed, the film isn't particularly well liked by many, however, for me, it was one of my favorite LBT films as a kid and still is now. But this isn't what you clicked on this thread for - no, so I'd better hurry up and get right to the news.

Many fans have been waiting for this moment for a very long time - some have even been thinking for over 15 years about when they will get to hear this very announcement. The original film is very well-known for the many, many changes that happened throughout its production (and now, as of the last few years, we have finally been able to piece together what the original cut was supposed to be like) but many seem to neglect the other thirteen movies that surely had content that didn't make it into the final release. Now... that moment is finally here. I am incredibly humbled and excited to announce that the FIRST EVER full script and CONFIRMED cut content for a LBT sequel has been FOUND!!!!! :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

Yesterday, I had decided to return to looking at the deleted scenes for the original film, and this morning, I was checking out the original script once again (I still never did an analysis of it, I just have not found the time) and, while scrolling down to browse the search results, I stumbled upon a link to a script from eBay, and it said it was from 1996. This immediately peaked my interest, as this obviously could not be a script for the original LBT - and sure enough, I was right. I quickly found out that what I was looking at was the first draft for The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock script. It's a really early script - so early, that it is from April 29, 1996, which was over two years before the movie came out, and months before Roy Allen Smith's final LBT film (Journey Through the Mists) was even released! I thought that was pretty incredible; it proved that a lot of the sequels were being made as others were coming out or were also being produced as well. I first broke the news on the discord server, so if you're there, you may already know about this.

You can check out the script info and preview here.

THE LAND BEFORE TIME
"THE SECRET OF SAURUS ROCK"
Screenplay

THE LAND BEFORE TIME is one of the most beloved and successful of all animated film franchises. It launched in 1988 with STEVEN SPIELBERG's original "The Land Before Time" animated film. Since then, UNIVERSAL CARTOON STUDIOS in association with Spielberg and Amblin Entertainment, produced a number of sequels. Many of us have grown up loving these films and have introduced them to our kids. This 1996 script, written by acclaimed animation writer LIBBY HINSON, continues the saga of the dinos in another exciting adventure.

Now you can own the script - a piece of animation history! It's 99 pages and in very good condition.

The story synopsis:

On the distant edge of the Great Valley stands mysterious Saurus Rock, and twin baby Threehorns, Dinah and Dana, have run away to find it. It's up to Littlefoot, Cera, Spike, Ducky and Petrie to bring them back! The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock is a fantastic adventure filled with fun songs, humor, excitement...and mystery! Legends claim that Saurus Rock keeps bad luck out of the Great Valley. Is it really true? Could the mysterious Longneck named Doc be the famous Lone Dinosaur, who can defeat a Sharptooth with his lasso-like tail? To find out, Littlefoot and company must cross the Great Valley and face a dangerous Sharptooth themselves! Along the way, the young dinosaurs learn about change, acceptance and responsibility. If you look close enough, sometimes you can find a hero living right in your own family!

This would make a great addition to any LAND BEFORE TIME collection, for fans of the films, and for animation lovers.

Some of you may be wondering, "Well Hypno, why haven't you bought it then if you're so excited about it?" Well, that's right, I didn't buy it, but that's okay - because fellow user @Sovereign did it for me!!!  :lol
Everyone truly must applaud him for volunteering to do this! I cannot thank him enough for choosing to obtain the script for everyone to see! Soon, we will be able to view the entire 99 page script in all its glory! (currently, only two pages are available as preview images). I would also like to thank @zero-point for contacting the seller (who is in fact a trusted seller; he has sold multiple legitimate scripts in the past :yes); he is currently trying to find out if the seller has access to other scripts as well. I will give a shoutout to @Anagnos as well, for they also volunteered to buy the script as well! And finally, I'd like to thank everyone on the forum who has allowed me to contribute to many discussions here over the last four years - in fact, this is actually my 1,000th post since joining the forum! I figured that such a special post for me also had to be an important for the forum's history! I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this!!!!!  :PAli
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 09:30:47 AM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, that I certainly did. :) This was such a great opportunity to learn more about the possible missing scenes as well as to owning a piece of LBT history I simply couldn't resist. I really hope we'll learn something new about that underrated film. Hypno summed up the importance of all this quite well so it'll great seeing what that script will reveal once it arrives! :)littlefoot

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
If this script is true original document...
Guys, I just don't have enough words to properly thank, you, Hypno and Sovereign!!!
I expected to see some cut material from sequels, it sounds pretty fun!

You know where is this script originally from? I mean, original source of document. Someone from creators decided to sell some LBT stuff? (You asked the seller?)

(Where is 10-15 years option? :D I have waited for 11 years approximately)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Hello there, Hypno! I'm fairly new to the forum, so I don't believe we've met.

But anyway, yes, thank you guys so much for acquiring this script. This is seriously awesome news.
:cheers

I'm a newer LBT fan than a lot of other people on the forum, so I haven't had to wait as long (I voted for "Under a year"). Still, I never imagined something like this would turn up. I noticed there was a lot of information about the deleted scenes and other changes from the first film, yet next-to-nothing about any of the sequels, so I guess I just figured we'd always be in the dark about that. Suffice to say, I am quite happy to be proven wrong here, and this gives me new hope that other scripts might turn up in the future.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I don't believe that I complimented you for this find in Discord. Well, congrats, Hypno! This is a very amazing find indeed. I'm very eager to find out what this script entails, as are probably many others as well.  :^^spike

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Any news?
About scripts from other LBT movies, and origin of this script?
6/14
0/26

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Any news?
About scripts from other LBT movies, and origin of this script?

Sovereign said on the discord server that the script should be arriving around 12-18 June. So, in 4-10 days from now. Though, even when he gets the script, he'll have to go through the difficult process of taking good quality pictures of each of the 99 pages, and uploading them somewhere for people to look at them. So we will probably have to wait a little longer.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Thanks for info.
But more important question - is my question about asking seller where did he get script and is there other scripts. :p
6/14
0/26

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
Has there been any update on the script? Just wondering :)
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
@UnionRags123 : As I know, Sovereign is still waiting respond on his letter to Universal about allowing to sharing script to public.
6/14
0/26

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
At this point I think it's very unlikely that they will ever respond to the letter about the script. Then again, they could one day do that so let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have all the time in the world.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I agree that there's no rush. However, if Universal hasn't responded by now, then I think it's a pretty safe bet that they just don't care.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is a really neat find! Behind the scenes stuff on this sort of thing is remarkably rare.

Chomper123

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hello im new, but i've been a long time and very big TLBT Fan and i must say, that is a really exciting find! I actually once discovered a youtube video showing lost footage or a storyboard of some sort, showing some of the things Littlefoot did during his birth (which is a bit short) from the very first LBT movie and so if you find anymore scripts that would be very exciting to read!  :bestsharptooth

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Chomper123

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Wow! That is really cool! You actually bought this script? You are amazing!   :Mo

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree that it's time for me to share the link publicly as well. I'm sorry for the wait but in any case, I thank you for your patience. Anyway, here we go.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 03:17:18 AM by Sovereign »

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
@Sovereign THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BUYING AND SHARING THIS SCRIPT!!!

Only on page 3 and it’s so different!  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
This was quite a treasure to read. The differences between this and what it eventually came to be are immense. I can imagine just how that movie could have ended up if it really was like this; especially without those annoying Dinah and Dana characters. Now that I've read this, it really does make those baby Threehorns seem like nothing more than suddenly-rushed filler material.

I'm gonna be honest; this is how VI should have been. :)petrie
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy