The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ron's Adventure

vonboy · 5 · 1158

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, I was looking around on an old indie developer's forum I used to post on, Vertigo Games, and I found this. Ron's Adventure.
Ron's Adventure.. I'd COMPLETELY forgot about that game for a good few years. At least as long as I've been a member of this forum.

It was basically an Old-School styled platformer I made back in 2006. The story was some bad buy kidnapped my sister. I hate my sister, but I guess I have to save her anyway, or my parents will be pissed. (It's based around me and my sister, lol.)

It had a couple of cool little ideas in it, but it had some pretty bad controls, and annoying bugs keeping it back. It used MIDI snes music I got off of VGMusic. The graphics very from kinda okay, to giving me eye cancer.

and OH GOD, THE GRAMMER!!!  :spit

Here's the game, if you wanna try it out HERE.

I just played through it again tonight. It has a lot of problems, but it's also just cool looking back at stuff you did a long time ago. You know, I haven't really dabbled in any game development for the last 3 or 4 years. MAybe I can build up the strength to take another whack at it.

... or maybe they'll just keep collecting dust, like PAST-O-RAMA.  :neutral
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Heheheh, cute and fun! I am having a really good time playing it :p
I've always wanted to make little games like this. I have only had the time to learn basic programming, though :(

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I liked it! It was difficult enough to be fun, and keep me on the edge of my seat. I liked the different 'zones,' too. The ice levels were hard, ugh :p Nice game :smile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A very interesting game!  The ice levels nearly did me in.  It is most certainly better than anything that I ever programmed with QuickBasic.  All that I was ever able to produce was a glitch-filled racing game that has since been lost and a variety of number-based puzzle games.  

Thank you for sharing your game with us.   :smile

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The game was fun. I especially liked the design and the gameplay of the water levels.

You put much more effort than I ever did in a game I was making. Doing the game's math I find OK, but actually drawing objects and designing levels and writing stats? Ugh.