The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When an Adventure Goes Wrong!

Cajun Whirlybird

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Bah! I hate sprains. Here I am, sitting with my knee up and I had to take the day off from work.

But I'll tell you guys the amusing tale of my injury:

My friend Adam and I went to Owen's Beach here in Tacoma, Washington. It's right up on Point Defiance. Well, the beach is gorgeous as heck, totally worth the visit - plus, there's an ENORMOUS hill off to the side, very high and very steep. My guess would be about 60 to 80 feet high. The slopes are sandy and completely smooth - you have to pull yourself up by the roots sticking out of the ground, very much fun!

Well, I managed to climb up and down the slopes several times without any issues. So Adam and I decide to explore the woods. It's for the most part an old growth forest, tons of trees that are thicker around than my car is wide.

So we're climbing over tons of things in the woods - terns, trres, rocks, roots, and falling in ditches. (Well, I fell in most of them!  :lol  )

Though it's all fun and all because, being a country girl, I was completely in my element.

Then comes the funny part.

Adam and I came up to this fallen tree, about 3 to 4 feet tall. Adam climbs over it, so now it's my turn. I plant my feet and leap as usual - only to miss - and I stumble backwards and plant my foot in the right spot for my left knee to crack and buckle!

So I sat there, chilling for a few, but still laughing and enjoying the day - despite the fact that my knee was screaming in pain. I tried to walk, and had a terrible limp. But we had to get back down!

That's right! Another slope! Though this one had roots so I could shimmy on down.

So, that's my tale of adventure, tragedy, and... clumsiness.

So yeah, I'm hoping that this sprain will be alright soon. I hate being homebound. :)

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Looks like it was a funny day. Only the poor thing with your knee. I am sorry for you :(

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Owww....that sure was no fun! :( :(  Hope you get better soon.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Get well soon :yes
I suppose a country girl mustn't be shy of occasional injuries as the prize for being able to roam the country.
While I must admit being more of a city type, most of the best days of my life ended with blisters on my feet and I didn't regret a single one of those ;)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've gotten numorus sprains and falls similar to that one (I still remember a time at school where I feel down flat on the palms of my hands on my school's pavement -- they burned like they were on fire!). In fact, just yesterday, I did a jump at exactly the wrong time -- straight under a doorway. Naturally, the ceiling's going to be lower there, and I'm pretty tall, so the result was no fun. -_- I also feel a few days ago fo seeimgly no reason at all. I fell flat on my stomach (I never did find out what cuased it), however, my back was the only part of me that really hurt even a little after that. My now-broken watch took the blunt of the fall. -_- It's battery is also dead, so I'm really going to need to think anout a new one.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In fact, just yesterday, I did a jump at exactly the wrong time -- straight under a doorway. Naturally, the ceiling's going to be lower there, and I'm pretty tall, so the result was no fun.
And I thought I was the only selfmade victim to such slapstick injuries :lol
Once I had exactly the same accident as you described.
However, the most stupid thing that I ever did to myself accidentally was opening a sharp-edged metal door banging it against my head in the process :bang
There is still a little scar above one eyebrow from that :slap kind of accident.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry man.  That's why I don't do any recreational physical activity.  I only stick to doing exercise to keep my heart healthy.  I don't expect people to be like me, but I have never sprained a knee or even twisted an ankle.  I guess most arn't content with this lifestyle, but if you were, you probably wouldn't get hurt too often.  I just do enough safe exercise to stay healthy and thin and I never do anything dangerous.  The worst injury I ever got was when my dog tripped me and I hit my head on a rock. :lol Oh well.  You are who you are.  Just try to be more careful.  Why don't you carry some expensive electronic with you so you'll be sure to be extra careful so you won't break it. :lol: Just messin' with ya man.  Get better soon. :D

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I can't see these "injuries" have slowed me down at all. And, besides, landbeforetimelover, I thought you said you were a bit chubby due to lack of exercise. What's this "exercising to be thin" business? :D

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I can't see these "injuries" have slowed me down at all. And, besides, landbeforetimelover, I thought you said you were a bit chubby due to lack of exercise. What's this "exercising to be thin" business?

I was getting a bit chubby, but I was never fat.  I lost it all in 3 weeks. :D