The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What is the weather like where you are?

Saft · 115 · 10244

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Terrible. A tornado ripped through our town today. The wind caused a tree to fall on our house. It was an old tree, rotted. Luckily, it was far enough away that it missed the house itself. Our porch, however, wasn't so lucky. I was the only one here. I was walking past the door when it happened. Scared me nearly to death. If it wasn't for our metal awning, the tree would have crashed through the door, with me on the other side. :neutral

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
^ It's almost impossible to get tornadoes here in AZ, only 3 average per year.

January has been rather decent in weather, but it'll get cold, windy, dry, and frosty for a few months.

Most of the time, I've been digging holes to transplant new trees.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^^At least there's a bright side to the accident, Justin.

It's sunny over here. Thge temperature is around 0 C. No snow. There's hasn't been any snow the whole winter.

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Mid 30's today, drizzle, overcast. At least it warmed enough not to freeze. I hate freezing rain. :x

Supposed to be nice tomorrow but still chilly. Hope the weather is decent next week for Super Bowl in Indy.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
-17 degrees here now (That is exactly 1 degree in F). The forecast promises that it'll get even colder in two days... Like -39 degrees or so. Looking forward to that. :)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cold.  
Very very cold.  And about 20 inches of snow in a day.  
Not fun.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's been sunny and in the sixties at the highest lately, and tomorrow we're supposed to get even more rain.  I like rain, espcially when it benefits the spring plants :).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sunny and -10 C. Sadly enough something snapped in our house so our garage is underwater atm and some parts are frozen... We finally got it under control now.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Cool, about 60 F, and cloudy. I love dreary days like this.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It's a beautiful day here. Just above freezing right now, and very little cloud cover - just a few cirrus clouds, from the looks of it.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Happy Leap Day, everyone! :D Have I got a weather story for ya…

Since the beginning of the week, the weather reports for our area had been claiming that there would be a huge blizzard Tuesday evening. My family and I stocked up on groceries and otherwise prepared ourselves to be snowed in, but as the day went by, we were increasingly dubious of the forecast; even by 1 AM this morning we hadn't seen so much as a snowflake. Then I woke up this morning (long after everyone else in the household, mind you :p) and looked outside to see at least a foot of fresh snowfall in the driveway, the outsides of the window frames iced up, a snowdrift encroaching on the front step, and directionally indecisive winds blowing all over the place, blowing falling and fallen snowflakes alike and sculpting the snowfall like desert sand dunes. All the schools were closed, my mom had to leave work before noon, and even my brother, who goes to college an hour-and-a-half away in Wisconsin, got the day off from his classes. This is, by far, the most procrastinatory snow day I've ever witnessed, and the biggest snowfall I can ever remember seeing on a February 29th.

*checks outside* And it's still coming down! (Much lighter now, though.)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Getting warmer... Man, can't wait for summer. But I've been sweating buckets (and drinking more water than usual).

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Today, I was able to see a rather interesting result of yesterday's snowstorm. The college I'm taking classes at is located in the eastern half of Vermont, while I live in the western half. At college, we got a few inches of snow. Where I live, there's hardly any on the ground at all. Quite an interesting contrast in such a small state. :blink:

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Isn't it odd to have a massive series of tornadoes happen this year, a month earlier than last year, and that was earlier than the norm?  They counted over 70 across the states this day alone!