The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Member Levels (updated 27 July, 2012)

Petrie · 145 · 42754

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I breached 1000 posts this morning at around 6 or 7o'clock!!!!! I am too happy!!!!! I need a candle to blow out...HEY THERE'S ONE NOW!!!! :birthday

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think 10,000 posts is a more realistic final stage than 5,000 posts. At my current rate, I would have reached 5,000 posts in less than a year after registering here, which is almost ridiculous. 10,000 will require for me, more or less, a two-year membership here, which is more realistic, and it also matches, by aspect ratio, the post count required to reach the final stages of other boards I'm on compared to how many posts I have there. I don't have time for complicated math right now, but I'll entertain y'all if you wish. :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like the 10,000 rather then 5,000. Also saves the admin from coming up with a name and icon for 2 levels rather then just 1.    Can you entertain us all with your math tricks? Sounds like a good idea for a thread.  Some title like math tricks, or some such other title.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think that LBTAholic should be considered 5000-9999 posts, and Ultimate LBT Fan should be considered 10000+. Also, the group hug should be highest rank, not Mo.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Dec 3 2007 on  04:26 PM
I like the 10,000 rather then 5,000. Also saves the admin from coming up with a name and icon for 2 levels rather then just 1.    Can you entertain us all with your math tricks? Sounds like a good idea for a thread.  Some title like math tricks, or some such other title.
You asked for it. :P:

Here's some information about my life on The Gang of Five.

Registration date: July 16, 2007
Days joined: 140
Total posts: 2,800 (this is of current, but posting this will naturally make it 2,801, but for the ease of this, I'm going to use the "current" figure)
Posts per day average: 20

2,800 posts/140 days=20 posts/days

Let's try to figure out when I'm projected to reach the old top level of 5,000 posts.

5,000 posts/'X' days=20 posts/days

Let's modify the formula.

'X' days=5,000 posts/20 posts/days

'X' days=250 days

I would have reached the top level in 250 days after registering here. Let's change the formula again to see how long it will take to reach 10,000 posts (the results are predictable, but I'll do this just to make it 'official' :p )

'X' days=10,000 posts/20 posts/days

'X' days=500 days

A more reasonable goal. Let's compare real information from another board I'm on.

Registration date: May 11, 2007
Days joined: 206
Total posts: 1,804 (this is of current, but posting this will naturally make it 2,801, but for the ease of this, I'm going to use the "current" figure)
Posts per day average: 8.76 (this is because they have stricter "post restrictions," as I am as active there as I am here)

1,804 posts/206 days=8.76 posts/days

Let's figure out when I'll reach the top level of 6,000 posts at this other board.

6,000 posts/'X' days=8.76 posts/days

'X' days=6,000 posts/8.76 posts/days

'X' days=685 days

500 is much closer to 685 than 250 is. It's a more realistic goal and achievement. :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
when I do reach 5,000 posts (and I will I can assure you), I'll be even more motivated to get to 10,000 mostly because I don't much like the 5,000 post level image.  It'll be hard to find an avatar to match it.  I was seriously considering asking Action or another admin to reset my post count so I could have Cera back.  It was just so easy to match an avatar to her picture, but I eventually got used to the Littlefoot image.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Just now I hit the 10,000 mark. Wow that alot of posts lol.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, you're the first to actually get the Mo picture, which means that there is no one who currently holds the group hug picture. And I actually like the idea of swapping the group hug picture and title for the Mo ones, making LBTaholic the 5,000-9,000 range as lbt/cty_lover suggested. On the other hand, though, it's simpler to just keep adding groups rather than substituting them like that.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I think its fine...I never expected anyone to get to 10,000 anytime soon so I had expected the group to be the last picture.  We'll just keep adding on if necessary.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Threhorn , you would have gotten to 10k first had  I had not found  the insanity cafe thread. I joined and boom 50 posts.. Almost like the time when I joined. I would have like 90 posts in a day.. manny Cav is matching my early pace.. the question is, can he keep it up?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can always decide to stop doing member levels at some point, and say, this is the highest level, like it or not.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I've never seen a moderator before. Can someone name a moderator so I can see what the symbol looks like?

Actually, to be honest I don't think I've seen an Ultimate LBT Fan either.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't think there are anymore moderators on GOF. I think Action9000 was the last one and was promoted to Admin.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, we do have forum mods, but no board mods.  Our last board moderator was promoted to an admin.  This is the group image (since you're curious)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought Aves was a RPG section mod.

Threehorn was Ultimate LBT Fan level till the post count hit 10,000.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
The role plays are only one section (or one piece of the forum, hence a forum mod).  He will not have the picture of Mr. Threehorn because he doesn't have mod powers on the entire board.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I think I understand now. So does that mean that there aren't any Moderators or Ultimate Land Before Time fans right now?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not yet.  None are over 5,000 and not admin.  Some admin are at that level but being admin that icon shows instead.  Just like Nick22 is also over 10,000, but only his admin icon is shown.

As for moderators I guess there is 1 moderator, but no global across all sections moderator.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
If we weren't admins, me and Malte would be ultimate LBT fans.