The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Legend of the Sierra Negra

Pterano · 107 · 12767

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Beans crossed her arms. "Might as well get ready m'self." She flounced out of the office, calling back as she did so. "Oy! Ferret! Yer hat's right where ya left it."

Chip raised a brow. "I been a lotta places this morning, Miss Beans," he sneered.

"It's out in th' street." he lizard sneered right back. "An' watch out, looks like some young-un's mean t'touch it."

Chip hurried out, scattering some mumbled phrases.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Rango kicked his bird forward, riding out with the rest of the posse now, which was mounting up and arming. "Hey Chip! You did a damn fine job back there as a deputy! You wanna hold on to that star for a bit?" Rango called back to him as he saw him fumbling in the street.

"Sheesh... guy thinks he's some sorta hero or somethin'... so whatcha gonna do if your precious Ripper's dead, eh?" Bill asked Stirrup here, smirking.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
John & Jack and stopped their wagon. John was holding up the back of the wagon while Jack had taken off the wheel.  

Jack looked it over, "Looks like we stopped in time. Looks like it would have gone a short time from now." he put the wheel aside and got a new wheel.  He had just gotten it on, but had not secured it when John lowered the wagon suddenly.  "I'..." He started to say he wasn't finished yet, he started to turn to John to see if he was tired or something.

"Hold the ammo belt." John said as he was looking off at something in the sky and reaching with one hand to pull out his gatling gun with a pistol grip, his other hand going on the crank.  

jack wasn't sure what was going on.  And this was the first time he had seen that gun up close.  It looked like regular gatling gun but it had a pistol grip on the back.  He used his tail to hold up the ammo belt that the gatling gun used.  He then looked over where John was looking at as he saw John was holding his gatling gun up and had started to crank the crank as Jack saw he had started shooting at a hawk.  

John continued cranking his gatling gun with one hand & holding pistol grip with the other, guiding it to be in line with the hawk.  The ammo belt continued, with Jack holding it with his tail so it would get get caught or mess up.  

Eventually the hawk fell to the ground, not moving.  

"That's why I wanted to bring along the ammo belt." John said.

"That was amazing." Jack said.  He waved his tail a bit since the gunsmoke was pretty thick.

"Not as accurate as one of your tail guns.  Only a quarter of the shots hit it.  Accurate this gun sure ain't  But great for a strong man stunt, or in a pinch this.  I'd have used my gatling pistol but when I saw it it was way outside the range of it." John said.  He held the gun for a few seconds before he put it back under the tarp, sure the barrels had cooled enough.  Then he started to gather the ammo fed belt he had used.  "We'll have to refill this as soon as possible. but first get get the wheel secured, just don't take to long." John as he started to lift the wagon/cart again so Jack could secure the new wheel.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Stirrup turned to look at Bill, his face aghast. "Ain't gonna happen! An' if you say that again, I'll shoot ya right in yer face! Three times!" He paused and looked wistfully into the distance. "Now that y'asked though... I reckon I'd get 'er stuffed, an' turn her insides into a little cupboard. Carry her around with me, use 'er to store my drinks and money." He grimaced. "That didn't go so well las' time I tried."

After a moment, Stirrup blinked and looked back at Bill. "Where was I? Oh yeah - ain't gonna happen!" He swiveled around on Nelly to face the others. "We gettin' our asses movin' or what? My fortune ain't gonna find itself!"

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"YOUR fortune?" Chip intoned, riding up beside the lizard. The ferret wore a snarky grin. "What's that I hear? Ya wouldn't be plannin' on betrayin' th' fair amount o' trust that gent placed on us, would ya, now?" He gripped monarch's reins tight in his paws.
"My pleasure, Sheriff," he replied with a mock sort of salute. "Think it's gotten attached t'me, anyways." he adjusted the star on his coat front, proudly.
J. R. R. Tolkein

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Stirrup bared his teeth at Chip. "'Course not! How dare ya even suggest such a thing! The... the cheek of it! I ain't never gonna do a thing like that!" He turned to face forwards and hissed, "Not yet, leastways..." Stirrup cackled, then stopped as he realised that he'd accidentally used his inside voice on the outside. He looked back at Chip and adjusted his hat shiftily. "... Is what a less trustworthy sorta fella might'a said..." he muttered slowly, giving the ferret a reassuring nod.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chip raised a brow and shrugged. It wasn't really his position to point out the faults of the posse members - after all, he was walking proof that anyone could be trusted.
And then there was the matter of the treasure...
~
Beans was back in a flash with her runner and a bag of provisions. "How long ya reckon this'll take, Sheriff?" She called over to Rango. "I ain't 'spectin' t'be gone longer'n three days. Gotta ranch t'run, y'know." On the inside, Beans was secretly pleased to be running with the boys again.
J. R. R. Tolkein