The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My supposed LBT film behind the scenes story!

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, so this probably didn't happen and is just my own work, but it's pretty funny and what I like to think happened!  :lol

Here goes!

Jeff Bennet has voiced the character of Petrie for 13 LBT films, but what fans aren't aware of is that he's been forced to do a certain voice for the character for years now!

It started in 1994 when recording for voice overs of the third film began. The executives told Bennet something along the lines of "Nah, we're getting sick of that voice; it sounds too old for a character who is much younger. Try making him sound younger for a change, sir." in regards to the character of Petrie. Bennett refused, since he had worked hard to do a perfect imitation of Will Ryan's voice of Petrie, which was how the character was supposed to sound. He talked to director Roy Allan Smith about it, who agreed, but figured maybe trying a mix of using a high and low voice could work. They proceeded to do so, and neither were happy with the result. By the time recording proceeded for the next film, Bennet had returned to using the voice he used for Petrie in the second film.

This changed in 1996 when recording for the dialogue of the fifth film began. The new director, Charles Grovsner, agreed with the executives that Bennett should change his voice. Benett agreed, on the condition that he could also record Petrie's dialogue in the voice he preferred---for his own personal viewing of the film. Universal agreed, and for every sequel since, Bennet has twice recorded Petrie's dialogue---the higher voice always being the one used in the final product.

Bennett has expressed frustration with how he has been made to voice Petrie, saying it hurts his throat. Much of the cast and crew have also agreed they prefer his lower voice, saying his singing sounds much better. Bennet has tried to get someone to dub his singing, but Universal has refused, saying Bennett succeeds in making the character sound cute. Bennet's frustration has led to him consider quiting voicing the character several times, but he has stayed in hopes that he will be able to release Petrie's dialogue---in his own words---"the way it's supposed to sound".

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hello?

If people are intentionally not responding because they don't feel there's anything to respond, I just want to say anything you say will be appreciated on my posts. I'm sorry, I'm desperate.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
If nobody cares about this, why is it still here?
Please get rid of this, someone.
In case nobody ever posts anything here the thread will by itself fall back to the rear pages, in case somebody ever wants to post something here, I don't see any reason to prevent him or her from doing so. There is no reason to delete or close this thread. Just let it remain where interest or lack of interest of people puts it.