The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Return and Status Here

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
If this is in the wrong section, then I apologize and move it wherever you need it to be.

So once again, I have not been here for a very long time. I am probably sounding like a broken record right about now, and I'm sure I probably could have just updated a topic like I had done so the last four times I tried to come back. However, I don't think that would do any of you justice, and I have been giving a lot of thought about this and feel that I need to make a new topic about it.

To put it simple, my life has been very hectic as of late. I recently graduated college in May, and then immediately started back at my job at Target. At the same time, I have been looking for a full-time job because six years of retail is too much and has taken it's toll on me. While doing all of this I am currently in a community theater production of Sweeney Todd where I play the role of Pirelli. When you combine all of these things together, my summer has been incredibly busy.

Now I know there's been a few people that I have once again left hanging here, and for that I apologize. I've tried to be better at notifying when I decide to disappear, but that just hasn't been the case.

I actually have to thank Malte for sending me his PM the other day. I probably wouldn't have sat down and thought this post out if he hadn't reminded me of how much I miss being on GOF. I still can't believe how long I've been a member here, and I really wish I could be more active on here.

With this topic, I am announcing my return to GOF. Will I be anywhere near as active as I used to be? Probably not. If I get a full-time job anytime soon then that will take up a lot of my time. Will I do my best to poke in every now and then? Absolutely. How successful I will be is entirely unknown.

So once again, I hope to reconnect with everyone here on GOF, and if you are a new member I hope I get the chance to meet you.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Heeeeey, welcome back, LBTFan13 :) Good to see you around here again, and congrats on graduating college. :smile I know entirely what you mean about being stuck in a job you can no longer stand. I'm in much the same boat: graduated college almost three years ago, and have been at a job that has nothing to do with my educational background for far too long. But... good news is, I'm looking to make a change in November by getting new certification and hopefully breaking into an industry I'll love working in. :smile So best of luck on your job search! I really hope you get a career you'll love! :smile

It's good to see you back here again. :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yay! Welcome back with us :) Also, congratulations on graduating college. I hope you manage to find a full-time job in this economy! :) Looking forward to seeing you around again!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome back Rob, and really don't worry the PM was an invitation and an invitation does not include any obligation as to frequency or length of postings in the GOF or the like. The GOF is a community for people to enjoy, not to be a chore for them :)
I can very much relate to real life taking up too much time and attention and leisure to devote any time, attention and leisure to the GOF in addition to that.
I also send PMs to several other GOF members today who haven't been around for a long time for they are all welcome here and I am certain many of our newer members will be happy to get to know you, but it is never meant to be understood like an obligation one has to live up to.
Anyway, it's good to see you Rob and congratulations for your graduation and for immediately getting a job! That's worth a lot! :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome and welcome back from one of the newer members of the Gang :wave

I hope we'll eventually get to know each other :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Welcome back to the Gang Of Five. I hope you will one day get a well paid full time job soon! I would give up finding a job over five mouths. :lol

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome back LBTfan13! always good to see an older member return.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome back.  Always great to see someone return.   :wave

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Welcome back!  :wave

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome back :wave!

I figured from what I've seen on your FB posts that you've been busy.  I also understand about Revenge III, because that last year of school requires sooo many papers to be written :confused.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Welcome back, Rob! :wave

Quote from: LBTFan13,Aug 2 2013 on  08:53 AM
So once again, I have not been here for a very long time. I am probably sounding like a broken record right about now, and I'm sure I probably could have just updated a topic like I had done so the last four times I tried to come back.
Pssh…You think you sound like a broken record, I'm sure it's nothing compared to the apologetic, shamefaced, self-deprecating pleas for forgiveness I post every time I "return" from one of my innumerable unplanned breaks from the forum. :rolleyes :oops Remember, if you're ever feeling bad about not being on the GOF or like you're disappointing everyone here, just remind yourself that you're still better than Pangaea.

To put it simple, my life has been very hectic as of late. I recently graduated college in May, and then immediately started back at my job at Target. At the same time, I have been looking for a full-time job because six years of retail is too much and has taken it's toll on me. While doing all of this I am currently in a community theater production of Sweeney Todd where I play the role of Pirelli. When you combine all of these things together, my summer has been incredibly busy.
Ho-ly buckets… :wow I can understand why you haven't haven't had much time for the GOF! Congrats on your graduation, and for getting the part in the play. :)

By the way, should I have someone else pick up your characters in the "In The Land Before Time" RP, or do you think you'll be able to continue playing?

Good to have you back, Rob. :DD

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.