The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When do you usually watch the LBT?

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I usually wait until night time to watch the Land Before Time.  Or if I'm home alone without any friends over.  I choose night because everyone is fast asleep and there is little disturbance.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm very similar; I tend to watch them just before I go to sleep, as sort of a "de-stresser" to the day.  I just find them a nice way to relax, and it's a quiet time to just lie in bed with the little TV, the headphones, and life is good  :P: .

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The only time I really get to watch them is on Tuesday and Wednesday, sometimes Sunday.

I usually watch them alone, up in my room.  I usually watch one or two a week.  Though there are times my cousin from a few houses over comes to visit.  Though five years old, she's quite the fan. :)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The only time I ever got to watch one was when my sister watched one, I had a reason to be watchin one :P:

That's about to change once I get these dvds however :D I'll be watching at least 1 a day in my room since I can just bar up my door and wear headphones :lol:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
If I have the time and am in the mood for it.  I have quite a few movies to choose from..so it has competition.  :P:

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I used to be exactly the same. Once I heard the final door shut and I was the only one up, then I'd settle down, on my own, and just watch an LBT movie. That was before. Nowadays, if I'm in the mood or just need to escape the madness that is my life, it's either video games or cartoons (9 times outta 10 it's LBT) :^.^:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I mostly watch TLBT in the morning in my room right before I go too work or at night. Basically for me anytime is a good time too watch The Land Before Time.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
i watch the land before time when ever i wish if my moms X-boyfriend has a problem with the valume being to high and kicks down the door to gripe and moan i'd just say ah boo hoo and turn that valume up you see thats what i have to live with

buba

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I watch it in the morning. I never watch it with somebody, becaouse there is almost nobody that likes it.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: buba,Apr 12 2006 on  06:23 AM
I watch it in the morning. I never watch it with somebody, becaouse there is almost nobody that likes it.
Same thing with me my family doesn't like it and neither do my friends they don't even know I watch it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
At night, its the only time I can watch stuff alone, usually.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I see that many of us tend to watch the movies at night, or when we can be alone.  Is it because we're shy, or concerned about what others may think about us watching it?  If so, why?

I know myself, I often watch one before going to sleep, as sort of a way to relax.  During the day, I'm busy either working on something, at school, talking on msn, out with friends, or a number of things.  Movies tend to get pushed onto the back burner, so I often tend to only watch movies late at night before I go to sleep.
Speaking of sleep, I should do that soon  :lol It's getting late around here.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As a matter of fact I'm watching the land before time movies only quite rarely. I know them all by heart meanwhile and I enjoy a movie much more if I can watch it with somebody else. But it sure is an almost impossible task to find someone to watch LBT with me. So I'm really watching the movies much less frequently than one would maybe expect.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Considering that I probably have more recent exposure to some of the LBT films, you sure do hold your own in the Quote Game and Trivia Game, Malte B) I'm impressed.  You seem like the kind of person who could get to know a story relatively quickly.  It takes me longer than many people I know to fully catch on to a TV show, book, or movie.  I had an old friend in high school want to try to help me, but I just didn't have the genuine dedication to it, to *try* to get better at it.   I couldn't pretend I was interested.

That's about to change once I get these dvds however I'll be watching at least 1 a day in my room since I can just bar up my door and wear headphones
:wow Now that you have the DVDs, do you find yourself doing this?

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Apr 22 2006 on  01:18 AM
I see that many of us tend to watch the movies at night, or when we can be alone.  Is it because we're shy, or concerned about what others may think about us watching it?  If so, why?

I know myself, I often watch one before going to sleep, as sort of a way to relax.  During the day, I'm busy either working on something, at school, talking on msn, out with friends, or a number of things.  Movies tend to get pushed onto the back burner, so I often tend to only watch movies late at night before I go to sleep.
Speaking of sleep, I should do that soon  :lol It's getting late around here.
For me it's mostly being concerned about what others will think. Sometimes my friend but mainly my dad. Ya, see I've heard the "I'm upset that you like that kind of stuff" too many times. And I guess in a way I think he's embarrassed of me about it so that's mostly why I watch it alone.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For me it's mostly being concerned about what others will think. Sometimes my friend but mainly my dad. Ya, see I've heard the "I'm upset that you like that kind of stuff" too many times. And I guess in a way I think he's embarrassed of me about it so that's mostly why I watch it alone.
I'm very sorry to hear that Dash. While I'm quite sure my parents don't consider my own love of LBT "normal" they never ever made so much as an unfavorable remark about it and actually said they like some of the pictures I made. The left me a good deal of individual freedom.
It must be much harder if the own parents do not take such a stand on this. Keeping up your enthusiasm despite the odds deserves respect.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 22 2006 on  04:57 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that LittlefootFan. While I'm quite sure my parents don't consider my own love of LBT "normal" they never ever made so much as an unfavorable remark about it and actually said they like some of the pictures I made. The left me a good deal of individual freedom.
It must be much harder if the own parents do not take such a stand on this. Keeping up your enthusiasm despite the odds deserves respect.

Little correction error you got the wrong name by mistake.  Yeah, it's kinda hard but I learned too not really let it affect me. I know that he's not gonna change his mind about it and he knows I'm not gonna stop watching it just because he has a little resentment toward it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm very sorry. I corrected the embarassing mistake.