The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction Awards 2016 Results

rhombus · 12 · 2233

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well it literally took us the entire year to get to this point :lol but the results of the 2016 fanfiction awards have been calculated.  Here are the results:  

We will be following the previous protocol for fanfiction awards this year.  This means that if you would like a banner for your fanfiction then please let me know by PM.  You can only pick one of your stories to receive a banner this year, so if you had multiple entries then you will need to specify which story I should prepare a banner for.  Each banner will include your story name, the overall average rating it received, and the number of votes.  The draft banners that we will be using this year are as follows:

I would like to take this moment to thank each and every one of you who participated in the fanfiction awards this year. Participation was much higher this year and I hope that is a harbinger of things to come.  :) I truly believe that it is the creative side of the fandom (art, stories, and roleplay) that keeps things fresh and interesting.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Congratulations to everyone, the high scores are well-earned! I am truly sorry I did not participate this year, but time got away from me. I will try to do better at keeping up with reading these in 2017 :yes

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Congrats to everyone who entered! I scored low, but for my first ever fanfiction I'm super excited that so many people reviewed it :D I plan to put what I learned this time into my next fanfic, which again won't use a traditional format.

May next year be filled with as many awesome fanfics as this one!

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Well Done Everyone!

I have a question though. Did Ducky123's votes actually count? Cause I noticed that not all his votes were put into the tally.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Lone Dragon,Dec 31 2016 on  07:06 PM
Well Done Everyone!

I have a question though. Did Ducky123's votes actually count? Cause I noticed that not all his votes were put into the tally.
Good catch!  I doubled checked and for some reason I missed his last post of ratings.  They have now been incorporated into the total.

And once again, participants in the fanfic awards, if you would like a banner for your fic then please let me know by PM.  I should have any banners prepared within a week of the request.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Congrats to everyone who participated this year! Reading this year's stories actually got me back into the habit of reading other people's fanfics, something I've been notorious for not doing up until this point. Seeing the high quality of writing present in (I kid you not) ALL of these pieces is really inspiring. I can't wait to see what everyone has to bring to the table next time around, and I'm going to love the heck out of watching all of the unfinished stories this year grow.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm positively surprised by the Fanfiction Award Voting this year too. It was almost more active than the regular award voting and that is saying quite a lot :smile

It was a pleasure to read the stories as well as the reviews for them. I am really hopeful that the fanfiction-writing community will stay strong next year too (and I will try to contribute my part to that too) ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It indeed is pretty impressive that the vote count rose from 19 last year to 37 this time. :wow  I truly hope there will be many more next year as all of these awesome fanfics truly deserve more attention. It was these stories that mainly returned my interest to the franchise (sorry for being inactive the past four years).  :oops In any case, congratulations to each and every writer who participated! The long fics just keep getting better and the also new stories last year carry great promise. Hopefully this year continues to improve the LBT fanfic world.  :yes

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes I agree everyone did a great job with there stories

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Hey everyone! While this is somewhat off-topic for this post, I got the go-ahead to post this, as I feel many of those who participated in this year's fanfic awards could be interested in participating. Rhombus and I have set up a new event for 2017 in the Fanfiction section of the site. This "prompt challenge" sets writers up with a new prompt each month, with which to create a short story or poem. This event would work in a similar fashion to the fanfic awards, with voting occurring at the end of the month. While obviously no one is expected to participate, I'd love to see this site's most active fanfiction writers getting in there to set an example! The discussion page can be found here. I look forward to seeing as many participants as possible!

-Fyn

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile