The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Petrie's Flying Game"

Jrd89 · 8 · 1752

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've been having trouble with one of the bonus games on the "Great Day Of The Flyers" dvd. This game plays just like "Simon" does, except instead of colors I have to remember and repeat the order of tricks Petrie does.

The object of the game, is to repeat a new flying trick Petrie adds for each round. His 3 tricks in the game are "soar up" "loop de loop" and "down dipper".

I won the "beginner" level, which is repeating 5 tricks in a row correctly.  but I couldn't  repeat the 10 tricks required to win at the "advanced" level, where the narrator says, "you are a master flyer." when you win.

I usually get to 6 or 7, but then I have trouble. I'll win the advanced level eventually. It does take some concentration.

I'm sure if I were a flyer, Petrie and his mom wouldn't be mad or upset at me for not remembering the correct order of tricks Petrie does, and I wouldn't get picked at, called a stupid deadbeat, or get hit either. I'd make a great friend for Petrie.

With some practice, I can win the advanced level of the flying game. :)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Lol, well like Petrie, you need practice :)

Then he can be the participatory judge during your Great Day of the Flyers day lol :lol

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ludichris1,Aug 23 2014 on  09:56 PM
Lol, well like Petrie, you need practice :)

Then he can be the participatory judge during your Great Day of the Flyers day lol :lol

Yes, Ludichris. With practice, I can win the advanced level. :yes

To win, I just need to follow Petrie's order of 10 flying tricks in the proper sequence, starting with 1, and adding 1 trick each round, going up to 10 tricks. I know I can do it.

If I were a pteranodon at the real "Day of the Flyers", you *know* i'd love to have Petrie for a participatory judge. He'd be able to help me right along. :)

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I've encountered some pretty hard levels on puzzle games I play on Facebook. The key is persistence. Just keep trying and you should get it.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I played the game again today, and I won on my second try! :)

When you win on the advanced level,  The game's narrator says "You are a master flyer just like Petrie" :)   The game did get tough for me when I got to 7 tricks, but I was able to remember all 10 of Petrie's tricks in the proper order.

The 10 tricks were "Loop de loop,  down dipper,  down dipper,  loop de loop,  soar up,  down dipper,  soar up,  soar up,  loop de loop,  and loop de loop."

I'm really happy that I finally won Petrie's flying game on the "advanced" level. :)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Congratulations! You won a pair of flying goggles lol  :DD

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Congrats! I'm glad you finally got it. You ARE just like Petrie in that game now.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, in a way, I am like Petrie in that game. I often imagine myself as a pteranodon flying with him and having fun together. I can picture it in my head. The thought makes me very happy and tickles me all over inside every time I think about it! :D

Petrie and I would be such great friends together!