The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The best and Worse of 2004

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,May 17 2005 on  09:01 PM
Yeah, uh-huh, so if I decided to start a thread about the film "Ben-Hur", I'd have to move it to the After Midnight forum? Now that's just discrimination.
Discimination has nothing to do with moving topics around to places that the staff feel necessary.  Discrimination would be something on the lines of me saying that we aren't going to have any religious discussions on this board at all because I'm an athiest and this is my board.  That's discrimination (and just an example).

I haven't got a problem with the discussion of the film, but having been around message boards for years, I know it doesn't take much to go off topic and start discussing other things.  If you want to talk about Ben Hur then go and make a topic about it, but just realize if it goes off tangent about religion like the last one did, the topic will be split apart and the stronger religious discussion will be taken to After Midnight.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Okay.

Sorry for going off the top there.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,May 18 2005 on  12:37 AM
Okay.

Sorry for going off the top there.
You didn't....you just seemed to have a muddled definition of "discrimination".  I'm not preventing discussion, just making sure it's put in the correct place. ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I see that now.

Does anyone have a best and worse list, aside from myself?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I already posted mine.  :unsure:   Not very long since I don't really go and watch movies.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Same with me. I did not exactly post just a list of movies I watched, but rather told why I like or dislike them. Could you do the same? It would be more like a discussion then.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hoy...okay, does anyone aside from these two have an opinion on last year's best and worse movies?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know.  I just like Spiderman.  I think Doc Ock is cooler than the Green Goblin anyway.  The only thing I don't like about the movies is that Spiderman's webbing comes from his body.  In the comics, it comes from web shooters he made.  I just think Spidy is cool.  Mostly because of his sense of humor.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, they did try to make the web shooters, but were never able to get them to look plausible.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It was kinda stupid but entertaining none the less.