The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Didn't we already have a thread with all the available pictures from outcut land before time scenes somewhere? If somebody knows where that thread is please let me know and I shall merge the this mail with the thread.
I came accross another picture from a scene not shown in the original land before time movie. Don't get your hopes up, it is not revealing anything new:
Shartptooth's end
Shartptooth's end
The scene obviously shows sharptooth's death after he fell into the pond. There was a similar scene in LBT, but it seems that in the movie they cut out the beginning of this scene showing sharptooth close to the surface with more light than during the moment shown in the movie (which looks rather shadowy).
The only room for speculation here is the possibility of a scene in which Petrie may have been shown wrenching free from Sharptooth's jaws.
This is just a speculation, but such a scene may have been considered "too scary for kids" while I don't see anything significantly scarier about the picture above than about what was shown in the movie as we know it.
The scene seems to be painted on canvas (you can clearly see the structure). Did they do that for all the land before time scenes?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't see how its scary; it was kind of obvious that sharptooth was going to drown.  Might've been just to increase the drama for Petrie because you're quickly cut to Ducky crying.  You never do see Petrie break free and if you focused on that rather than Ducky, you lose some emotional impact.

(And I know of no such deleted scene thread on this board; we might have had one on the old board)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I thoughts exactly. A longer version of the Sharptooth drowning would allow for screentime of Petrie breaking loose and escaping. ...which would actually make the less frightening.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree with both of you. It wouldn't be as good if we saw what happened to him. It was just for the best to wait and see what happens next.