The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How I wanted LBT XIV to end

Hypno · 10 · 1712

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
We all agree that the ending for JOTB was rushed. This is how I wanted the ending to play out, right after the main characters save Bron.

Bron jumps over the lava with Littlefoot and everyone is safe. In this ending, Grandpa, Topps, Chomper, Ruby and Wild Arms aren't quite at Fire Mountain yet; they're only around that waterfall at the exit of the cave.

Red Claw, Screech and Thud suddenly appear behind the overhanging rock where the main characters had gone to to discover Bron down the hill trapped. Only Red Claw advances and Bron tells the kids to stay behind him. Red Claw roars at Bron and takes a snap. Bron hits Red Claw away with his neck. However, he then calls Screech and Thud to get the children. The fast biters chase the gang, with Etta looking on helplessly, wondering what she can do to help.

Meanwhile, the search party (Grandpa, Topps, Chomper, Ruby and Wild Arms), look over and see the Fire Mountain. "They should be over there," Grandpa says, before a loud roar cuts through the air. It is the Carnotaurus. It charges at them, though the two larger dinosaurs (Grandpa and Topps) defend the kids and Wild Arms. The Horned Sharptooth jumps at them, but is pushed away by Topps. Wild Arms then tries to run away to save himself, and the Horned Sharptooth turns his attention to him, sprinting at full speed, though struggles to get to him, as the trees are getting in the way. Though as the two dinos get closer to the volcano, the number of trees start to lower.

Back at the Fire Mountain itself, Red Claw charges at Bron and Bron turns and hits him away with his tail, sending him into the hill. Meanwhile Screech and Thud chase the children and trap them over by the place where Cera had pushed the rock over to expose all the water. They are trapped.

What happens next? Not sure how they wouldn't die here :unsure:
You guys can decide :p
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No, no, no! Take away stupid Red Claw from this! He would ruin the movie even more! Let only your fav horned one appear in the climax scene, as I wanted, but before lava comes, because he would not go to such dangerous place if he's not idiot. *rollseye*

And no more pianos/dinosaurs from the bushes! XD

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
He isn't "stupid Red Claw" here. This one is stronger.

I think maybe if the three of them don't show up, then it's just the Horned Sharptooth vs Bron, and...well, who wins? :p
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think additional fight would be necessary there, especially one with Red Claw. The ending should have more character development between Littlefoot, Shorty and Bron and a better conclusion to the story but another sharptooth fight doesn't sound too enticing to me. Red Claw largely wasted his chance in the series and I don't see how his cameo would improve JOTB any.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I feel like if Red Claw was in a movie it should be one more focused towards him, as well as Chomper and Ruby. As far as action goes I enjoy it the way it is now with the teamwork involved saving Bron after reuniting. I liked the idea of the sandstorm splitting up the gang and it would have been interesting to see how each character coped with being lost by themselves a bit more.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Having Red Claw, Screech, and Thud in the 14th movie would leaves questions wondering what they were doing and why.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you mean? It's not like we know much anyway.

This "ending" would debunk rumors that he left Screcch and Thud after The Hidden Canyon episode...since they weren't with him after that.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Write it out and make it a short fanfiction if you like :) I don't think it'd work too well with how the movie ended (or, rather, should have  :rolleyes: ) but, if you do it right, you could write a pretty epic short story around this idea, yep, yep, yep! ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I still think that there should have been a sharptooth there, either Red Claw or the Carnotaurus, instead of the anti-clamactic ending we got. Does anyone agree with that at least?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, the carnotaurus could have done at least something near the end. As it is, the whole character was completely useless so some kind of encounter could have worked. However, the way I see it, the lack of a sharptooth fight near the end wasn't the problem with JOTB's ending. I would have liked Littlefoot and Shorty (who should have been present) to do something together with the Gang to save Bron to deepen their relationship and if that something happened to be a carnotaurus fight, I would accept that. I still think that Red Claw had no business being there, though.