The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Animation Cel of the Original Movie

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have officially gotten an Animation Cel of the Original 1988 Film.

It cost me a whopping $430.00.

I know a number of you are very jealous. :nyah

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, I know I am. Hmm. This has to be one of Littlefoot and Cera's early scenes from before Littlefoot's mother's death, else at least Ducky and/or Petrie would be in the shot as well..
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks neat.  Going to put it into a frame?  Best protect it from bright light and uv also.  Learned that from back when I use to watch the antique road show.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
$430??  :blink:
Never seen Cera that scared... or Littlefoot that angry.  :o But congrats on getting the cel!  :lol:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, and I forgot to tell you guys, I'll have 6 more coming in the mail. (Jealous even more? :nyah ) Would've gotten more, but someone was cheating on eBay. <_<

I'll make sure to frame this ASAP.  The biggest problem right now is trying to figure out where to hang it. :D

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That is really cool; who was selling them?
And what do mean by "cheating" on eBay? The size they are, I would've thought they'd have measures against that kind of thing.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Clawandfang,Jul 9 2010 on  12:35 PM
That is really cool; who was selling them?
And what do mean by "cheating" on eBay? The size they are, I would've thought they'd have measures against that kind of thing.
I got the one on the first post from someone called "Animation2007".  This one has all sorts of Animation Cels and sells them at high prices.

The next 6 coming in the mail are from a guy called "scha2626".  This one starts auctioning them off at a low price.  If you're lucky enough, you won't pay much for them.

As for the cheating thing, basically, on a number of them, every time I bid, it indicated that someone had bid higher than me.  I actually tried to get the lead by putting in one that was at $52 and giving a $60 bid, but the same thing happened.

More so, what I noticed with each outbid the person made, it was the required minimum to allow the bid.  I just knew this was not a coincidence in any way, shape or form.  Someone was cheating.

Basically, I went after what was left of the Animation Cels.  However, I did make the guy spend more than I would've for them.  Hopefully, that will teach him.

If I see him again on anything I bid, I'll make sure to report him.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 9 2010 on  08:03 PM
As for the cheating thing, basically, on a number of them, every time I bid, it indicated that someone had bid higher than me.  I actually tried to get the lead by putting in one that was at $52 and giving a $60 bid, but the same thing happened.
You know, I'm pretty sure that that's the way eBay is meant to work...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Clawandfang,Jul 9 2010 on  01:12 PM
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 9 2010 on  08:03 PM
As for the cheating thing, basically, on a number of them, every time I bid, it indicated that someone had bid higher than me.  I actually tried to get the lead by putting in one that was at $52 and giving a $60 bid, but the same thing happened.
You know, I'm pretty sure that that's the way eBay is meant to work...
That's right :p

The person may ask for $30 starting price and wants that to be increased with at least $1 every time someone bids.

Then someone goes out and gives a maximum bid (say some fan wants to get it for $200).

The price for the item will then be $31, until someone bids again.

Say you bid $50, you will get the message someone bid higher than you, which is true because the previous person bid 200. You are indeed just getting the price higher for them. It's not cheating, that's the way Ebay works. Someone just put on a real high bid before you did.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It always amazes me how many otherwise perfectly sensible people automatically assume something is wrong on eBay rather than take a two-minute glance at the help section.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm guessing that cell came from the fight scene in the first film.  Littlefoot sure doesn't get angry much!

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 10 2010 on  08:03 AM
I'm guessing that cell came from the fight scene in the first film.  Littlefoot sure doesn't get angry much!
I think that's from the scene where sharptooth wakes them up, seeing how scared cera looks.

Killua

• Ruby
    • View Profile
A beautiful cel with great emotion. Please upload the rest when they arrive! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here they are!  Completely framed and everything.  Great care was taken when I framed them. :)

Do not be fooled by the two that almost look alike.  They are slightly different from one another.

There's still 2 left to frame.  Those are a bit bigger than I thought. :D

Also, as you can see, all except the Littlefoot & Cera one have the authentic certificate, proving them to be the real deal. ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, considering how much it cost me to frame these, I'd best stop buying them for at least a few paychecks.  In the meantime, you guys still have the chance to get your own.

LBT Animation Cels

Best of luck because "the cheater" has bid on some of them. (Yes, I STILL consider it cheating even though I understand it and know it's legal.)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey guys!  I'm here to update!

Um, first off, there's only the expensive cels from Animation2007 left.  Sorry, guys!

However, I was able to score a bargained one from someone called l**v**c.  The following two pictures of the cel come from the eBay site.  Furthermore, the real deal cost me $150.00 plus shipping.

To have all 5 of the gang in one cel is a true rarity.

Looking at it though, I can't help but feel it's part of a missing scene at the very end of the movie.

*Sees several fans holding deadly weapons just to take it* Uh!  Gotta go! *Zooms off*

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
Those are gorgeous <3 I hope you keep them in good care! The final one is very lovely, having all 5 together is a rarity :3

*is very jealous* You lucky person you~

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Dec 1 2010 on  01:35 PM
Hey guys!  I'm here to update!

Um, first off, there's only the expensive cels from Animation2007 left.  Sorry, guys!

However, I was able to score a bargained one from someone called l**v**c.  The following two pictures of the cel come from the eBay site.  Furthermore, the real deal cost me $150.00 plus shipping.

To have all 5 of the gang in one cel is a true rarity.

Looking at it though, I can't help but feel it's part of a missing scene at the very end of the movie.

*Sees several fans holding deadly weapons just to take it* Uh!  Gotta go! *Zooms off*
I'll bet it's a cell from the famous elusive final line of the movie "We'll always be together."

And if so....You lucky sonovasharptooth.