The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bad Connection Lately

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As of late, my dad is messing with our connection and so that it can run on optimal performance, but so far he's obviously been doing something wrong because it's SO much slower now.

How slow?  I might as well be using a dial-up modem, with a computer that has half a gig of RAM and riddled with Spyware.  And considering that I'm using a 2 MB DSL Wireless with a 4 GB of RAM completely CLEAN computer, the comparison is pretty bad.

I can't even properly check my G-mail.  It's a wonder how I got on here.

Until further notice, my visitation here will be limited.

Sorry, guys. :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe he should stop and have it tweaked by an expert.  Just my limited knowledge opinion.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Anyone in your household downloading torrents?  That can really slow it down unless you increase your global maximum number of connections.  PM me and I can send you a patch that will do this.  I open all my connections to 100 (default is 10) so I can take full advantage of my network.  I don't do a lot of torrent downloading, but it increases my overall potential speed throughout my network if I do this.  Please note that it is NOT advisable to patch the system file in Vista however because of Vista's automatic recognization of invalid system files.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No need, LBTlover.  My Dad got it fixed.  I'm back now. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is good to hear.  It is very tricky messing with settings I'm sure.  You could make things better, or you could make things worst.