The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell Your Story About LBT

Petrie. · 172 · 44426

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
My older brother and I absolutely LOVED watching the first one when we were younger; besides Toy Story, this one happened to be another one of our favs growing up! We never saw it in theaters, but we rented it all the time!

Heck, I think we have the VHS of it lying around somewhere!

Knowing how much we enjoyed the first one, the mother didn't hesitate to buy us II, III, and IV! :DD

The second one actually came out the year after I was born, and it continues to be the one LBT sequel that I have the fondest memories of.

So in a way, I was exposed to this film at a fairly early age in my life, and I'm rather surprised on how nothing seemed to scare me about the movie! :blink:

If you really must know what got me back into the series, it was Ozzy and Strut! :lol  I still had faint memories of them as a kid, which led me to stumbling across their song on Youtube one day, and things just kicked off from there...

I also remember on how Cartoon Network used to show the Land Before Time IIV, but I sadly never watched it all the way through. :cry

Looking back at it now, it's become another favorite LBT sequel of mine! :D

Ghostfishe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I was only born toward the very end of the 80's, so I was way too young to see the movie when it was still "new". I first saw it at a babysitter's house when I was for or five, because she had a copy of the tape. It was actually one of the first things I ever saw that had dinosaurs in it... so in a way it was part of my introduction to the whole concept. :)

That having been said, it was also probably the first thing I ever watched in which a character's mother actually died. I was horrified. When my parents showed up right at the most dramatic part (Littlefoot's mother's death), they said "no way" when I said I wanted to keep watching and whisked me home. It was a few years before I had the chance to watch the rest of it and find out what happened. Given that I'd ended up having nightmares, was somewhat paranoid for a while, etc. etc., I can't say I blame them!

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
How do I put this?

For most of my sacred life, I had never really been into The Land Before Time series.

Every so often, I would come around a Land Before Time movie, but I usually wouldn't tune into it. I do have faint memories of seeing "TLBT III: The Time of the Great Giving" back in elementary school, around 3rd or 4th grade. Until now, the only thing I remembered from that movie were the song "When You're Big", which got stuck in my head for a while, and the scene where Hyp nearly drowned at the tar pit.

Around that time, I bought the anniversary edition of the original movie on VHS, but of course, it remained discarded in my collection of VHS tapes.

I remained uninterested in the series until one day, about a few months ago, I decided to watch one of my movies to get off my computer that I was on all the time for once. Being the random person I am, I pick the original LBT, which was still in my collection and had remained unwatched.

So I watch the movie, feeling rather average about it during the first 20 minutes (And no, I didn't cry when Littlefoot's mother died. I'm not that kind of person). But then when Petrie showed up, I was suddenly really interested. Overall, I watched the movie start to finish (including the song "If We Hold on Together" at the credits). By the end of the film, Petrie had become my favorite character from that movie, because hey, he's another one of those comic reliefs you can't help but love.

After that, I began to listen to the sequel songs, look up fanfiction, and eventually I ended up finding these forms. On my birthday, I went to a record store as my surprise place and bought "TLBT IV: Journey Through the Mists" and "An American Tail" on VHS. I obviously watched both of those, and not surprisingly, "AAT" was a really good movie, while TLBT IV was...decently average. Is it obvious that the original movie was better than anything else, even though I haven't seen 'em all?

Anyways, two months after that, here I am! Great to be on this forum with other LBT fans around the world! Later!

Bruton the Iguanodon

Just saw this quote:

I don't care what anyone says. I'll be 22 years old in July and still love LBT just the same. It's part of who I am and if folks have a prob regarding it I don't give a darn!

I love it when people have a positive attitude and won't let themselves be bothered by other people's opionions!  :exactly   You go, Cancerian Tiger!  ;)

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I think I saw the first one when I was like 5 or something but never saw the rest of the land before time movies but now I've have and I really like them my younger sisters
Kara 10 and Tarah 12 they are always say everybodys ugly people and they said Littlefoot was so ugly and all the other dinosaurs Kara says she hates Littlefoot because he thinks hes so cute and said Petrie and Ducky were braggers because Duckys always bragging about swimming and petries always bragging about flying

jalistair

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My LBT story begins before I was born. Picture it, it's the mid 1990's, Jurassic Park had not long come out in theaters and the dinosaur craze was at it's peak. My brother was a kid in these days, he (like all young boys at the time) went nuts for dinosaurs. He worshiped them. So when I was born, I was born into this craze. My brother never stopped his obsession with dinosaurs, so by the time I was a toddler, I'd already seen The Land Before Time (And 2, 3, 4 and 5  :DD ) and Jurassic Park and all the others. So when something is with you that early on in childhood, it sticks with you, It will never go away. I went for a few years without seeing any of them (my rebellious tween years, we all go through it folks), but like most people, I remembered the nostalgia and wonder I got through watching the film and I revisited it. So that's my introduction to TLBT, It sure seems like a long time ago now.

Hexadecimal

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My mother had bought it for me and I remember crying my eyes out after Little Foot's mom died but I still really liked the film. I've always had more boyish interests so you can bet that I really dug this movie, but hated Cera with a passion xD

What's funny though is that the Sharptooth never scared me at all; it was when they disguised themselves in the tar that almost made me stop watching as it absolutely horrified me as I didn't realize it wasn't a horrible monster.

I know I watched the sequels but they never lived up to the first movie and may be the reason why I sold the original along with those when I was older.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
My mum always knew I was a real dinosaur nut, so she rented the first film for me when I was 4 and I loved it right away. (even if I did finds some scenes upsetting, scary and awkward) I also remember just calling the film "Littlefoot" as I wasn't good at remember the names of films back then. You know in Japan the film is called Littlefoot. I also remember getting the film on VHS for my 5th birthday and was very happy about that:) And when I heard there were more LBT films I was overjoyed:)

The Ferbguy

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I first heard about The Land Before Time movies when I was young. I manly saw VHS trailers for two movies, The Time of the Great Giving and the Big Freeze. I never watched them despite me being into Jurassic Park.

Jump to 2011, April of 2011 to be more precise. I was going through Netflix on my grandmother's service finding movies to watch when ever I came back, Back then they had Starz Play and their we're some movies that they had that I sent to the "Watch Later" file. I already got dinner prepared for myself and was going to find a movie to watch. I browsed through "Watch Later" and saw that The Land Before Time was one of the movies that was on Netflix from Starz Play.

I thought for a few seconds and decided to watch and see why people liked the movie, so I watched to whole movie then I stopped the move and said, "Well. That was.. spectacular. I mean, the animation, the score, the story and the characters. This film is worth owing on VHS." I over the years I've owned 5 copies of the first movie, 4 on VHS and 1 on DVD.

After that, for some random reason, I decided to watch the first movie every November 18th of every year.

I've gone as far as to say that The Land Before Time is one of my all time favorite movies.

I sort of explained why I like the first movie in my marathon I did last year.  :D

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
My older brother loved TLBT and had lots of VHS, I loved dinosaurs; so when I was little I picked the first one up and watched it. From then until Universal Studios was done with TLBT I collected every TLBT VHS or DVD possible. I still love the series today.
8 years with TGOF :yum

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I have loved the Land Before Time series since I was about six. I got movies 3 and 4 recorded on a video tape from tv. Then, not long after the 5th movie came out on video, I got it along with movies 1-4. The 5th movie was the one I watched so much that I thought the tape was going to break. Ever since then, I got one Land Before Time movie a year up until the 10th movie. Then, I bought movies 11-13.

So sad that the Land Before Time series has ended; but, it still lives on in fanfiction and fanart.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Nov 26 2012 on  07:14 PM
Just saw this quote:

I don't care what anyone says. I'll be 22 years old in July and still love LBT just the same. It's part of who I am and if folks have a prob regarding it I don't give a darn!

I love it when people have a positive attitude and won't let themselves be bothered by other people's opionions!  :exactly   You go, Cancerian Tiger!  ;)
Exactly.  Maybe I should let my father know.  I always feared he'd tease me.  On the other hand, though he'd be upset with me watching "kiddie" shows, I think he'd be madder if I watched South Park or whatnot instead and maybe I should point that out to him.   :idea

P.S., I'll be 26 in April and I really don't give a Threehorn's toot either if people think I'm nuts.

Also, the series is set to have another film in 2016.   :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Also, the series is set to have another film in 2016.   :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate

How can that be? The offices closed. Where did you find out this information?
8 years with TGOF :yum

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: bestariana1girl,Dec 31 2014 on  04:55 PM
Also, the series is set to have another film in 2016.   :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

The Gang of Five forum itself.  They mentioned that Universal confirmed it.  Perhaps they gave the copyright to someone else.  

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...post&p=22072547
http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=13959
Here you go :) Who would've expected that after all this time? :p
Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 31 2014 on  07:40 PM
http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...post&p=22072547
http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=13959
Here you go :) Who would've expected that after all this time? :p
Who would have expected a Star Wars Episode VII?  This world always surprises us!  

:smile

Someday I hope they actually have one LBT in theaters again.  Perhaps the series finale (which I'd like to be multi-part of a flash forward, a coming of age story for the Prehistoric Pals.)  

Chloe

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My whole story of how I became a Land Before Time fan is pretty long, so I'll just go with how I saw the 1988 one.

My great-grandmother had a few VHS tapes and one of them was The Land Before Time! Every time I went to see her I would always want to watch it. Eventually, my great-grandmother became old, she sadly then passed away in 2008. I was really young when I first saw that movie, though. I think it was around the early 2000's when I first saw it, though. I just adored that movie, and I loved Ducky.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Well, I was born during the 1990s, when "Jurassic Park" was the big dinosaur fad and they started dishing out the LBT sequels. As a result, I never had the honor of seeing the first movie in a theater. Instead, I just got into the sequel craze.

The first LBT movie I watched was LBT 3. I don't know why, but I just picked it out from the video shelf in my local library and watched it. I was hooked in an instant, and then I watched the other movies the library had in its stock at the time. Then, I started buying them whenever I could. At the time, I just couldn't get enough of the adventures Littlefoot, Cera, Petrie, Ducky, and Spike went on.

I actually still remember the chronological order of me first watching these movies:

-LBT 3 (ironically the only LBT movie as of now that I still don't have in my possession)
-LBT 2
-The original LBT (at last)
-LBT 5
-LBT 4
-LBT 6
-LBT 8
-LBT 7
-LBT 9
-LBT 10
-LBT 11
-LBT 12
-LBT 13

The last five are in correct numeral order because I believe I managed to catch up to watching all of the movies released by the time LBT 8 or 9 was out.

G-bot

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well, let me see. I can't remember how old I was, but at the time my adult half sister used to babysit me and one day she bought over her copy of LBT on VHS. I enjoyed it immensely! It was also my first exposure to dinosaurs. (At least I'm 99% sure it was) My parents recorded LBT for me a couple times when it aired on TV but they broke after countless rewatches. :( a few years later me and my brother were watching TV when I saw something I never expected to see. A commercial for LBT II :D Needless to say we were both excited. And ididn't take long for mum to get it for us. I quite enjoyed it as well. (Though the musical numbers caught me off guard. XD But being a Disney fan also I soon got used to them.)

I also heard that III was coming out. Then IV, then V! :o I kinda stopped for awhile after VI though. There was just getting to be too many by that point. lol Also I had gotten into Pokemon around that time. So that commanded total attention for a bit. Then my brother found LBT1 airing on TV around Easter time and childhood memories resurfaced! I heard that LBT also recently got it's fourteenth sequel after nine years of dormancy so I guess what better time to look into the series again? ^^

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Watching the original LBT movie is actually one of my earliest memories. I was only about 3 years old when I first seen it.