The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most disliked scene

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Seeing as there are a few least favourite squeal topics out there.
I thought I'd make a topic were you can share your opinion of  scene's you hate from any of the 13 LBT films or TV show.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I suppose I should tell you my personal least favourite scene.
Now remember this is my personal opinion..
There were quite a few scene's in the franchise I didn't like growing up, whether they be scary, awkward or just plan stupid.
But the one that sticks out most for me (and I've been anxious to say this since I joined this site) and bugged me the most was the tar monster scene in the first film...
Yeah I'm sorry to sound like a miserable sod with no sense of humour. But I've always hated that scene. I mean when I first saw the film when I was little it scared me, and grossed me out......And It always made me forget I was watching a dinosaur film and instead some silly Scooby Doo spoof or something. Also, some of you may go crazy when I say this.... But I just can't help but feel sorry for Cera (what with her been my favourite character and all) I wouldn't mind but she starts crying... I know what it's like to be laughed at, it's not nice.
It also kinda bugs me that when it's over they just leave her even thought they were shouting at her to come back. Mind you maybe there was a scene were they tried to find her and it ended up in the pile of deleted scenes.
As I said in another topic I pretty sure this scene was edited here and there.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Cera smiling at them before they start laughing (which was never intended to be mean-spirited due to their reactions when she leaves) is a sign of relief, yeah. I thought that was pretty obvious. Even as a kid, I always viewed it as being her relieved that it was just them.

Cera crying afterwards, I never thought that was because of them laughing at her. I always thought it was because she was feeling guilty about leading them the wrong way and the danger she put herself and the others through, all because she wouldn't listen earlier.

The tar monster never seemed gross to me. Or scary for that matter. To me, it was just a bunch of tar and twigs and dinosaurs stuck together. Even as a little kid, it never bothered me in the least. It's not my favorite scene of LBT, but it's certainly not my least favorite either.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
I agree with everything DarkHououmon said

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 31 2014 on  11:01 AM
Cera smiling at them before they start laughing (which was never intended to be mean-spirited due to their reactions when she leaves) is a sign of relief, yeah. I thought that was pretty obvious. Even as a kid, I always viewed it as being her relieved that it was just them.

Cera crying afterwards, I never thought that was because of them laughing at her. I always thought it was because she was feeling guilty about leading them the wrong way and the danger she put herself and the others through, all because she wouldn't listen earlier.

The tar monster never seemed gross to me. Or scary for that matter. To me, it was just a bunch of tar and twigs and dinosaurs stuck together. Even as a little kid, it never bothered me in the least. It's not my favorite scene of LBT, but it's certainly not my least favorite either.
Well I was only 4 years old when I first for the film, and I was quite easily scared and grossed out at that age.
And I still feel bad for Cera what reason she started crying.

Cruncher96

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My personal hated bits are the scenes where the kids just run under the legs of the sharpteeth to get to safety.

I know its supposed to be the way they stay safe but it does get repetitive.
Like for example in the 13th movie when littlefoot is stuck on the edge of a cliff and a sharpteeth has cornered him, there's a sense of fear for one second before he runs under the legs of the sharptooth and everything's fine.

Even in the tv series when they're being chased by red claw they just run under his legs, you would have thought that maybe he would block them or learn from previous mistakes so it may not happen next time.
 :neutral