The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT - War for the Valley

LBTFan13 · 120 · 14123

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sierra felt the pebble smack him in the side of the face. He shook his head and looked down to find Deimos. "Deimos you backstabbing sharptooth! I'll see you dead for this!" With that, he twisted his body and lunged for the sharptooth, giving him chase.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Deimos led Sierra away, Zaine felt it was the time to call Longtail back. We have to get him down from there before he goes completely beserk! Zaine shouted out to his friend. "Longtail! Please come down! You don't have to fight anymore! Don't lose control! We need you!"

Meanwhile, Doc started launching rocks of his own with his tail towards Rinkus. "Get away from the kid you coward!"

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
"Littlefoot! I'm so glad you're safe!" Bron looked around, and just happened to spot-
"Shorty! I thought I- Ah, but he's alright... No harm done."
He would have attended to the children, but his attention turned to Doc's barrage of Rinkus.
"Now there's an idea!"
Bron endeavored to pitch in by aiming a few rocks of his own at the flyer.

~~~

Though Mr. Threehorn was raring to argue about standing in the open for Longtail's sake, the battle seemed to be going favorably, so he let the matter lie for the time being. In addition, he was keeping busy as a buffer between the children and any stray sharpteeth unfortunate enough to come near.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix sighed as he heard Zaine call out to Longtail.
"If you really want his attention Zaine, this is the best way to do it." Cyrix stated as he picked up a rock and chucked it scoring a hit on Longtail's head. "Two points" Cyrix whispered to himself.

Longtail felt the rock hit his head, and he blinked for a moment and then looked around almost appearing confused as to what was happening. He then looked down, and then back to Rinkus and then he smiled as he did a mid-air backflip and sailed down and landed in front of Zaine.
"You're okay right? Those fools didn't hurt you did they?" he asked more concerned with his friends safety they the lump on his head.

Rinkus scowled at the longnecks throwing rocks at him, and he quickly turned and flew in the opposite direction and away from the group of elders. "This is so bad..." he muttered to himself as he flew.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"You want to see me dead?" Deimos taunted. "Catch me first!" He then dodged Sierra's lunge and took off at full speed away from the group.

"Deimos is incredibly brave, foolish but brave." Hyp said. He then turned his attention to Longtail. "Longtail, are you okay?"

Ovius tried to embrace Longtail. "You're okay!"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail laughed as he felt Ovius embrace him in a hug. "Yeah, guys...I'm okay, I'm okay. I kinda lost myself for a moment...sorry if I scared anyone." he said with a sad smile.

Cyrix just sighed and patted his nephew on the head.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "Yeah I'm ok Longtail. I'm just glad that you aren't hurt. You had me worried that you were........... well............. it doesn't matter though. Thank you for saving me."

Doc waited for Deimos to pass him, but when Sierra closed in on him he planted his four feet firmly on the ground. "It's time you left birdbrain!" With that he swung his mighty tail at the fluer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sierra was flung back in the air as the longneck's tail smacked him in the face. He flipped a few times before regaining his balance and shook his head. "You won't be so smug later Deimos! I'll kill you slowly for betraying us!" With that he turned around and caught up to Rinkus. "Mission failed for now. We regroup for the attack now!"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos turned around and ran back to where the group was. "Come back and die!" he shouted at Sierra.

He then turned to Longtail. "I see you are healthy."

"Yes, Deimos, Longtail is fine." Ovius said, squeezing Longtail. "Aren't you Longtail?"

"We'd better prepare in case they come back." Hyp said.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled as his friends all gathered around.
"Yeah I'm fine Deimos. See..not a scratch on me." He then turned to Zaine with a sad frown. "I'm sorry if I worried you, but when I saw they were trying to take you out of the valley...I just...I dunno, lost.....something. I'm not even sure what it was....but it was lost. I'll try to not let it happen again." he said with honesty in his voice.

Cyrix had to admit seeing his nephew being honest with his friends and happy even now was a relief. "I'm glad you're feeling better Longtail, but Hyp is right we need to be ready for when they come back...and that's important!"

~~~~

Rinkus scowled at Sierra.
"Well no duh it was a failure...they seemed to be better prepared than we thought. So now what do we do?" he asked

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ozzie was cursing under his breath. "Damn it! We didn't know they'd be this tough!"

Strut shrugged. "Brute force isn't always the answer."

Dromaeo, who was picking his teeth, decided to join them. "It is if you apply enough of it!"

------------------

Deimos thought a moment. "I will patrol the outskirts of the valley."

"Um, Deimos, what happens if you get caught by one of Sierra's troops?" Ovius asked.

Deimos grinned. "They'll have to fight me. And I can hold my own in a fight." He then turned to Cyrix. "I never got your name but I'm sure you got mine; I am Deimos."

"More than hold your own it seems." Hyp asked. "I guess we should prepare by stepping up patrols?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix nodded again at Hyp's statement.
"Yes, that would be the first major change we'd have to make clear."

Longtail however cleared his throat and answered Deimos.
"This is my Uncle Cyrix. He's usually not this easily distracted, but with the valley under attack, he's being kinda dumb." he said with a laugh.

Cyrix turned to his nephew and gave him a soft glare.
"Now Longtail you know very well...that I am more than capable of telling Deimos my name...but thank you anyway." Cyrix then turned to Deimos.
"Yes as my nephew mentioned my name is Cyrix, and I'm glad to meet you Deimos, as it is true you can more than hold your own in a fight. I admire that!"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos then cleared his throat. "I guess we'd better speak to the elders."

"Yeah." Ovius said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine smiled. "I know you won't let it happen again. I'll make sure of it as well." Zaine then looked over at Deimos. "Thank you for helping me back there. I'm Zaine. If you don't mind me asking, since when have you been on our side?"

Doc walked up to the group. "Stepping up our patrols may not be enough. We need to arm ourselves with weapons in case they try a more full scale attack. Something's not right about this. The Mysterious Beyond has never made an attack like that before."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sierra looked back while they were flying. "Screw trying to get hostages. We arm ourselves with weapons and launch another attack. Once we gain control of the valley we can make everybody our slaves, or just kill them off. Whatever seems more cruel. I prefer the enslaving."

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Maybe something happened out there, why else would they all suddenly try and take over the Great Valley?"  Cera said

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos chuckled. "I was planning to join you before my herd even attacked. Nice to meet you Zaine, I'm Deimos." He then turned to Doc. "And you are?"

Ovius nodded. "This is unusual and dangerous. I do agree that we may need weaponry."

"What sort of weaponry?" Hyp asked.

Ovius shrugged. "I guess sticks and rocks will work for now. Of course we could try and sharpen the rocks."

Hyp rolled his eyes. "Sharpen a rock? Get real."

Deimos was looking around for more threats. "I'm not sure if I need weaponry as I basically have my own but I do agree it might be a good idea for those who don't have claws or teeth."

---------------

"We didn't take hostages!" Strut shouted

"Sierra's going to be mad." Ozzie said.

Dromaeo slammed his fist into a nearby rock. "I don't give a damn what Sierra wants! We kill some of those dinosaurs!"

Ozzie grinned. "Hmm. Killing you say? Sounds like good revenge."

"Pity, I didn't toss that Longneck off the cliff when we first met him." Strut said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Doc looked down at Deimos. "Name's Doc. I wish it were under better circumstances, but nice to make your acquaintance. Anyway, sticks and rocks definitely sound good. We can try sharpening the rocks and tieing them to the end of the sticks. That might make them more efficient."

Zaine sighed. "I agree with Cera. I think something bad happened to the Mysterious Beyond, and now they want to take it out on us." He looked over at Deimos. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about it would you?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sierra noticed Ozzy, Strut, and Dromaeo. He didn't here Dromaeo's comment towards him, but he could tell by the empty hands that they didn't succeed in kidnapping anybody. "We had problems too. Don't worry. We can do whatever we feel like with them once we take over the Great Valley."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail and Cyrix both turned to face Doc as Longtail asked,
"So, Doc...if stepping up our patrols aren't enough, what about scouts like flyers over the valley?"

Cyrix patted Longtail on the head as he smiled. "Very wise Longtail. What do you think Zaine?" he asked as he looked over at the young longneck.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos nodded. "Unfortunately, I do. I was a member of a sickleclaw herd that lost its home to a flood. When we left our home we encountered a large group of other dinosaurs, who also lost their homes.

"Sounds good, but how do you sharpen a rock?" Hyp asked.

Ovius who was idly pounding two rocks together accidentally shattered one. He grinned and held up a sharp edged flake of grey rock. "I think I found out!"

"Nice!" Deimos said. He then turned to the rest of the group. "If you don't mind, may I assist Ovius and Hyp in gathering and producing the weaponry?"

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"<That is what I call the perfect day: good fight, delicious dinner and now a bit of resting.>" Blacktail said, lying down on the ground, feeling that his stomach became full of meat he had eaten. Other sickleclaws mostly finished their feast as well.

"<Sorry to disrupt your perfect day, Blacktail, but we can't stay here for long. After Amber, Ovie and Windbite will join us, we must leave the Valley>" Claw said firmly. For some time he hadn't heard any sounds of battle, so it could mean that attacking sharpteeth had withdrawn and that meant the leafeaters could soon try to fight his pack...

"<We wait here a few moments more and then we will go to entance to the tunnel.>" he decided.

((Lillefot, could you give a response to my previous post, in which Ruby and Chomper meets Amber and Windbite? I dont want them to just stand there forever. ;) ))
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine let it all fall in in his mind. A flood destroying the Mysterious Beyond? How is that even possible? He came to and looked up at the sky. "Well that one flyer was not messing around. He seems really dangerous. We might need everyone we can get to defend the valley in the air." He then looked back at the group. "But I also saw Ozzy and Strut with all the sharpteeth. I think we're going to have a tough time on the ground as well."

Doc observed Ovius' method of sharpening the rocks and was impressed at the result. "That may actually work. Deimos you Hyp and Ovius find anything you can for weapons. I'll go around and gather up as many other dinosaurs as I can to fight. We'll need all the help we can get."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes sir."Deimos said. He then turned to Ovius and Hyp. "Coming?"

Ovius swore as he he accidentally shattered a triangular rock flake he had made. "I'll stay here and continue sharpening rocks. Oh, I've got a few sharp flakes." He then gestured to a small pile of triangular rock points.

Hyp nodded. "We'll head to the forests, then the base of the mountains. We'll also go to the Feeding Grounds."

"What could be in the Feeding Grounds that could be used as a weapon?" Deimos asked.

"Treesweets." Hyp replied.

"Nice idea. Unfortunately, I cannot handle them."

Hyp chuckled. "Almost all sharpteeth cannot. It apparently makes them sick."

Deimos and Hyp then headed off as Ovius got up to look for more rocks.