The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Accept Credit Cards With Your Mobile Phone

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I found this in a magazine and I was quite shocked by it all.  To anyone who owns a local business, I'm sure it's a hassle to set up a way to accept credit card payments.  Heck, with how some businesses are, credit is just impossible to set up.

Or is it?

I introduce two devices that may very well change the way credit cards are accepted.

They have been around for several months.  I have been in the dark sadly, but still, here you guys go!

Square

Intuit GoPayment

They both hold different plans, but are probably better than anything you'll find out there.

Note though that they only work for the following types of phones.

iPhone 3G, 3GS/iPhone 4 (iPad and iPod Touch Models are available.)
Blackberry (Intuit Only)
Android

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they make models that work for others in the future.  Both products plug right into the headphone jack, so set up is simple.

For anyone who has a small local business, I bet this is a great option.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I have an online payment form on my website I just fill out.  It's powered by PayPal.  The fees are only 2.99% and I just pass that on to the customer.  Best thing ever.  But I have considered getting one of these.  Though honestly with a data plan I don't really need one.  And I don't accept payments on the road.  If I make a housecall, their computer can access my site to make a payment.