The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time Sequels Music Collection

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Jun 21 2015 on  07:17 PM
Bump!

Happened to walk around and discover that you got this set up!  I must say this is a massive undertaking and you've done a great job.

Now a question/thought or two regarding your source files:

1.) The score tracks sound like they are studio masters.  I have a pro studio headset and these sound 100% like isolated score.  How did you get this?  Did Michael Tavera make files for you to share?

2.) The songs....well, I think they came from the DVD, given all the sound effects.  Correct?

3.) The one version of "If We Hold On Together" sung by 'children' as you have it labeled (even though we know its Aria Curzon and Anndi McAfee), is actually a very bad copy.  I don't know where you obtained this one, but I have a better copy.  I'm not sure how to share it with the rest of the group if it is indeed ok to be sharing these song files like this.
Yes, the scores are straight from and approved by Michael Tavera. I put in the attributes and  did sound reduction to varying extents often.

Yes, the songs are from the films, both during film or in the credits. The exception is in the Miscellaneous section when some are studio recordings provided by Michael Tavera while others are not.

Yeah that children singing one I found on YouTube but was unsure where to find a better copy. I'll contact you in PM and we can work something out

And you're welcome Bruton :DD this was all definitely a labor of love over several months

Ducky_is_best_dino

• Ruby
    • View Profile
/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:28:11 PM by Ducky_is_best_dino »

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
I can't say enough "thank you" to express how grateful I am for all this music! But... as it's always the case with soundtracks I love, one of my favorite soundtracks is not here. In LBT 7 when adults and children were deciding what to do after Ducky was kidnapped, that music is is not in there. it should be right after "the truth" soundtrack" is there there anywhere you could get it from

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Your welcome!

I went ahead to listen to those parts. Unfortunately, that one isn't available, and now that I think about it, it was one I was looking for.

Two tracks that have sort of a similar 'feel' in ways to that are files "Doc F" and "The Deert"
Well and some from 8 but I'm already getting ahead of myself

Don't forget the note folders and credits etc. Helpful information :)

edit: I do wonder if the vocals and bg noise could be removed with Audacity from that second of the movie but it would probably sound distorted. If you want I could try but I'm not promising anything

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
it would have been absolutely awesome of you tried that :) though I myself aware of how much that can ruin the quality though. anyway, thank you again for the incredible soundtracks! I have just listened to my other favorite soundtracks from LBT 12(the sleepwalks a, e and f), they are just incredible and softened the blow from LBT 7 soundtrack not having the one I was looking for :D
Music was definitely one of the highlights of LBT 12

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yea. I'd highly suggest putting them all into a media library like iTunes though, so you can see the titles n artists n stuff more accessibly if you haven't already :)

A lot of MT's music is just astounding. I mean like if you go over each movie it just blows you away the more you listen to ha

I'll see what I can do

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
No way! I'll keep them in seperate folders(LBT is my favorite movie franchise) and make lots of copies throughout my PC and external hard drives  :smile  I don't trust online storages to be honest, there were a lot of times internet became unstable and turned off. I will cut off any possibility of losing these soundtracks!

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
well I have the music in dropbox, in my main data drive, and my external so it won't go away regardless xD

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Welp. Terrible luck with removing anything... there are too many voice actors with varying voices to remove any range of bands, and the flutes n stuff are so soft that removing bg noise distorts them at really any degree. lol oh well. Here it is cut from the movie though https://www.dropbox.com/s/cswnuaux5lmhufw/T...tincts.mp3?dl=0

Heh, speaking of soundtracks, I know quite a few good ones if you ever want tips

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
yeah I can cut sound out like that as well. Had to do it a few times with some other movies and shows before, hate when composers don't make soundtrack releases or don't put certain soundtracks in their release. thanks for your effort though! and yeah I would love to hear which soundtracks you can suggest, in a PM of course not to flood the topic

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
Best LBT fanwork ever. Many thanks.
Forever in the past.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you really much for doing this.  :) It's been sad that most of the music in the sequels hasn't been available anywhere. Also, great job with getting the unreleased tracks included. I truly appreciate that you did such a tasking job to get this done.  :exactly

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: ADFan185,May 30 2017 on  01:51 PM
All of the songs are on YouTube just so you know
Not all of them. The first six sequels' scores were uploaded, not sure if the guy who uploaded it (Israel Barber) had permission from Tavera or not to upload them, but he told me he did get them from Tavera. Anyways, about the scores, I think most of the Sharptooth attack themes are on the scores for the films in the Google Drive files, except for the original LBT II version, and bits of the updated Sharptooth Attack theme used in LBT III, V and XII are missing, as the theme available is only a demo. Not sure what happened to the missing music.

The Sharptooth fight theme from X (in the climax, not the T. rex encounter earlier in the movie) is also completely missing, unfortunately. Not sure where this theme is at. I 200% remember the theme being on Ibarber's old channel TwinSanityUniverse, before it was suspended for copyright issues (not LBT related), so it's either gone now or it's still out there somewhere and someone has it. Maybe Michael Tavera used to own the theme when he gave people them but then he got rid of it. Not sure. I hope I can find the theme someday. I might ask Ibarber if he still has it.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I had double-checked with Tavera. All the music he gave me, of which I confirmed I could use it for this purpose, was ALL that he had. So sadly anything else he either doesn't have on his computer(s) or doesn't have possession of.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah okay I was just saying the songs from the Sequel movies they sing are all on YouTube. But true the scores a lot of them are not on there.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Ludichris1,Jun 7 2017 on  08:32 PM
I had double-checked with Tavera. All the music he gave me, of which I confirmed I could use it for this purpose, was ALL that he had. So sadly anything else he either doesn't have on his computer(s) or doesn't have possession of.
I guess maybe he used to have some of them but then he got rid of them or something. There must be an explanation as to how Ibarber used to have them.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)