The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss: The brave longneck sheme

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Meanwhile scribbled notes on TV episodes I watched are piling up over here, but it has been a while since I last typed a review based on those scribbled notes.
I really had to rub my eyes and look again when I found that there hasn't been a thread on this episode so far. My guess is that discussion of it must have drifted into the character discussion section and into other Ali threads.

This review is perhaps on an episode which got special attention as it fulfilled that prophecy which kept up hopes of LBT fans for another LBT movie in times when it looked like there might not be another one. The return of Ali (though I seriously doubt the closing lines of LBT 4 were ever understood as a “promise” on the part of the producers) was always something at the back of the minds of many LBT fans. Almost everyone had some idea of what such a reunion might look like and the different concepts ranged from a Littlefoot Ali relationship very similar to what we saw of it in LBT 4 already to concepts which I doubt anyone seriously expected to see in a movie made for a young audience. I don’t think any of the concepts anyone had in mind was without at least some air of romance to it. By not serving that expectation on the part of the fans the producers of “The Brave Longneck Sheme” did not fulfill the expectations of the fans and this time the unexpected twist was not regarded as something positive by any fan whom I had heard (or rather read) talking about “The Brave Longneck Sheme”.
Make no mistake, my expectations certainly were totally different as well. Like most of you I too was disappointed to some degree, and of course I too regarded Ali worthy of another sequel rather than a TV episode. But looking at “The Brave Longneck Sheme” objectively I don’t find it to be the world shattering experience which I had half expected and which certainly played a role in my dodging the TV series for such a long time (I had watched some of those episodes which had been aired before this one, but stopped short at this one).
After this introduction I’m switching to refering to the notes I took while watching the episode which might make the following text a little random (same as the other reviews). I appologize for that.
Even for a character like her Cera seemed surprisingly “brutal” in the beginning. That push she gave Littlefoot must have hurt, but Littlefoot didn’t seem to mind much. Rough as she was towards Littlefoot Cera was quite welcoming towards Ali (“You name it we’ll play it!”) having obviously learned her lesson from LBT 4 (more so perhaps than Ali did though Ali’s very first initial reaction was happy too, though perhaps not quite as hearty as we might have expected).

[On a side note about Cera’s behavior towards Ali, there has been one “official” story about a return of Ali before. But that one appeared in an issue of a land before time magazine published only in Germany and in spite of that “official” status they sure weren’t too attentive to keeping their stories in accordance with the movies. Anyway, that story was primarily about Cera redeveloping her jealousy of Ali when Littlefoot is spending to much time with her in Cera’s opinion].

Ali apparently never thought about the possibility that Rhett might play along with Littlefoot and the others too. Before he ever met them she already didn’t expect there could be anything like friendship between Rhett and her Great Valley friends. Obviously she had learned a bit about how Rhett’s mind worked and was very ready to submit her own interests to his will. What to make of this?
I have already in another thread mentioned my theory. I don’t think that because of Rhett Ali had lost any personal interest in playing with Littlefoot and the others. She knew however, that playing with them would disturb her friendship with Rhett. It may not reflect well on Ali’s personality either but rather than actually forgetting about her friendship with Littlefoot and the others I suppose that a simple opportune calculation may have made up Ali’s mind. She could try to keep her friendship with Rhett as intact as possible at the possible expense of loosing the friendship of Littlefoot and the others and maybe having a guilty conscience later on; or she could stick to her friends at the risk of fracturing the friendship with Rhett. I will not for a moment try to defend Ali’s decision. I was disappointed by it and if indeed by just having some other friends she could have permanently fractured the friendship with Rhett (rather than have him hold his grudge for a few days and then forgetting about it) this does not reflect well on Ali’s choice of friends either. Still I try to understand (not approve of) her decision. How many of you have made some holiday friendship? People whom you knew and liked during your holidays but people whom you knew you would see never again, or only very rarely (assume for the sake of comparison that you would see them for four or five days each year but be unable to hold contact in the time in between). If you had to choose between such friends who had never failed you but whom you almost never see and between a friend who has failures but who is around in your life all the time, whom would you choose?
Once again the answer seems very easy and it would not be the choice Ali made. If that other friend is unable to stand the idea of me having a couple of other friends this would be the problem of that over-jealous individual. If I see that other friend every day anyway the good friends I see so rarely are much more precious for me.
But now add another important element to the calculation. Let that overjealous friend be the only one of your age you know. Let that friend be the only friend you have while moving around all the time (thereby limiting your chances to find other friends). This makes the decision a bit more tricky I think. It has never been established as a fact, but from all we saw Ali was really the only young longneck in the herd. It sure seems unlikely, but for all we know it is a fact. Can you imagine how precious a friend of your age would be if you had to live in a world of grownups with nobody else around all the time? Many of you said in other threads that they wished to have at least one person around who shared their LBT enthusiasm and truly understood them. If you had such a friend (and no other friend), would you be ready to give up a few days a year friendship to maintain the friendship that means so much to you? I still don’t expect answers to these questions to be unanimous. From a moral point of view Ali’s behaviour is just wrong. From an oportunist point of view, with the prospect of loosing the only permanent friend you have, we may not approve of, but perhaps understand Ali’s decision.
There is something else we must take into account when “judging” Ali, but it is something we can only speculate about. We know very little about Rhett’s personality and we don’t know anything about his way of acting when he is alone with Ali, without the need to stand up against anyone else. I guess it is save enough to assume that he is bragging even when others are not around. Ali’s foreseeing Rhett’s reaction suggests this. Had Rhetts behaviour in the Great Valley been “out of character” Ali would have certainly been more surprised and probably more willing to argue with Rhett. Nevertheless it doesn’t seem very likely that Rhett does nothing but bragging all of the time. Of course this is just my interpretation, but even with the lack of alternative friends I trust Ali to be not so ready to accept a friendship when it consists of nothing but her friend telling her how great he is all the time. Rhett may be (perhaps because like Ali he seems to have been the only child in his herd) extremely eager to establish himself, either for feeling that he is kind of alone at the only one of his age in his original herd, or for being pampered just because of this. We don’t know for sure. But once he has one the admiration of somebody (Ali) or thinks that he has bragging may not be the only thing he does all the time.
We don’t know for sure if Ali buys everything Rhett says. Chances are that she is buying most of it (this at least is suggested by what she says or does). Maybe she thinks that there is some basic truth in what he tells with a little exaggeration in it. If it is naive from Ali to believe his stories, then at least she is not alone with her naivity as was impressively demonstrated in “The Brave Threehorn girl”. But is it so naiv at all to believe that there may be some substance to Rhett’s tales? Looking at what a nemesis Littlefoot (and the others) have been on sharpteeth ever since the original movie his tales may not be so very unheard of and not as implausible as they seem to us. If we assume sharpteeth as presented in LBT 8, 10, 11, and 12 (something I am very reluctant to do though) it seems to be not impossible for them to be fooled by a kid. The episode does not seem to refer to those harmless sharpteeth however with Littlefoot telling that the sharpteeth he had met were not scared of flying rocks, earthshakes or smoking mountains. However that may be, exaggerating heroics such as those repeatedly committed by Littlefoot and the others may be almost a matter of course from what dinosaur tales we have heard so far. So it may not be naive to believe Rhett’s tales for the grain of truth which they might hold. Petrie didn’t even need Rhett to tell the story. Even after Cera and Littlefoot told it (presumably not the way Rhett would have) he was beliving it, but we all know that “me believe anything”.
Of course Ali came across as extremely naive when justifying Rhett’s tells almost to the point of making excuses for him. Her calling for Rhett in the moment of alleged danger also suggest that she seriously believed a good deal of Rhett’s stories. I must also admit that Rhett’s suggestion to play “rescue” with Ali and her readiness to accept this (with her presumably doing the “Damsel in Distress” part) may reflect upon the times when they are among themselves (which I refered to earlier). Later on she protests against playing rescue again and Rhett is very bossy in orderinger her “Rescue it is!”
So my theory of him being not quite as bad a bragger when there is no real need to convince anyone of anything is far from being based on solid footing. It comes down to the fact that, though some of Ali’s actions may be understood to some degree, she certainly did not act the way anyone would have expected her to. But did LBT 4 made any suggestion that Ali would be more forceful towards Rhett?
I don’t think so. The term “shy” that has been used in several official descriptions of Ali has been questioned before and for some good reasons. But in any case I don’t see anything in LBT 4 that would support us in expecting Ali to act in a self-confident, Ceraish manner in the presence of Rhett. Her conduct towards Rhett is similar to her conduct towards Littlefoot with the difference that Littlefoot was a character she could “work with” so to speak (talking him into leaving the others behind in the Great Valley is the best example) while a self-righteous character like Rhett cannot be stirred like that.
I like the idea of Chomper as a tester of Rhett’s bravery.
Everyone took a long time to get what Cera was getting at when she suggested Chomper to do that job. In the flash in which Cera invisioned that plan we saw Ali at the verge of tears about Rhett’s cowardice. I wonder to what degree they expected Ali’s reacation to be like that. As we see her reaction is much more relaxed, but perhaps it is one of the things Littlefoot may have had in mind when he voiced his doubts about the plan. Another idea that might be in the picture of Ali crying as a consequence of Rhett’s cowardice may be an allusion to the idea that there may be a bit more than the normal everyday kind of friendship between Rhett and Ali (same as between Littlefoot and Ali). A loved ones cowardice may be more suited to make someone cry than cowardice of a friend.
I also loved the scenes of Chomper fleeing from the longnecks. Two points are addressed with those scenes. First of all that, no matter what, Chomper is still a sharptooth and a perceived threat for those who are not let in on his character. The second point is one which I think is stressed in quite a few TV episodes (and much more prominent in some of them than in this episode). Chomper is still very young, certainly the youngest of the group. The moment he was at bay he sounded so much like the scared little kid that he was in that moment that I felt almost painfully sorry for him.
Both of the points I named are also supported by Chomper’s offer to eat Rhett. I really wonder what would have happened in case Rhett had not run. Apart from the situation becoming embarassing for Littlefoot and the others rather than Rhett I wonder if Chomper would have attacked Rhett if Rhett had taken a stand or attacked Chomper himself. But this is a speculative question (same as so much in this post).
Another speculative point is what the longnecks would have done to Chomper if they had caught him without any “explanation” for him at hand. Would they have made any difference between a grownup sharptooth and the kid? Probably not. The Old One was rather explicit. “Let’s get rid of him!” “I suppose we must!” (even after the revelation that he could talk).
The scene is another example for the TV series not clinging to the “kid friendly regulations” the last few sequels (can’t say anything about LBT 13 yet though) were submitted to.
The reaction of the Old One was to some degree surprising. One might have expected her to be more conservative, but it seems like she really posesses some of the wisdom which Littlefoot denied in LBT 4 (“Well, don’t think she’s so smart!”).

There is an interesting translation case in this movie. Rhett calls Littlefoot “Littleneck” (sure not a nice thing to call a longneck). That joke couldn’t possibly work out in the German translation as the name Littlefoot is not translated in the German version and the younger audience would not be aware of the meaning (something they had to struggle with in the translation of LBT 11 already). The German version has Rhet call Littlefoot “Lilliput”, the land of the tiny Lilliputians in Jonathan Swift’s famous book “Gulliver’s travells”. The term Lilliputans has sometimes been aplied to small people but is regarded offensive (same as the English word midget). So the translation brought the message across really well while it may be questionable from the point of political correctness.

On a final note, Rhett strongly reminded me of Shorty. A Shorty who has found a friend. Looking at how well Shorty and Cera seemed to understand each other at the end of LBT 10 a more Ceraish, female longneck would probably be a better “choice” for him.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ali may have said what she said about Rhett not playing with folks he doesn't know since she may have encountered other kids during the places her herd stopped.  Doc did say there are other places as nice as the great valley as I recall and Ali's herd may visit 1 or more of those places.  Also in places where Ali's herd stops there may have been some resident kids nearby so she may know from experience how Rhett reacts towards the suggestion or offer of playing with strangers.

As for the old one's being wise, wisdom and having knowledge gained from just being old are 2 different things.  

I find it interesting that she never thought to warn the great valley residents about a sharptooth around.  Where there is 1 sharptooth there may be others so the logical thing to do would be to send 1 of the longnecks to tell one of the residents so they can have a search started to be sure no other sharpteeth are in the valley while they deal with this one themselves.  

Rhett may have also started saying his stories since maybe Ali told him stories about Littlefoot and the adventure they had and felt he didn't measure up in Ali's eyes.  Or maybe he is the type who use to tell stories like he did.  That wasn't gone into, but would have been interesting if they had.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i admit, that over the years, romance has come to shape and color my thoughts on any relaqtionship between Littlefoot and Ali. I had high hopes for this episode, indeed it was the episode i most looked forward to viewing out of all the episodes. because I had started to wonder whether Ali would ever reappear in any form. this episode was a great disappointment. this Ali was much more submisive and realy bland, than the Ali I had first met in LBT 4. Now granted that sequel was the only story on Ali for many years, so perhaps I'm viewing her, through a crafted idealized lense. there was no instant reconnection to her friends, and the first meeting of Ali and Chomper, which Imo deserved its own episode or pair oof episodes, was brushed off in a few seconds.. rhette after a couple of reviewings, is little more than a plot device, somone who causes jealousy in littlefoot,and is an ostentatoius braggart. The jealousy doesn't have to be of a romantic nature, but those who have created a romatic tinge to thier stories they would certainly see things in that light..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Overall not a very good episode to have as Ali's second appearance.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I must stress that basically I agree with what you say. There ought to have been much more to the return of Ali and I was also disappointed by her acting the way she did. My main point is that though we may not like the story it is not an outright breach with LBT 4
of course we would have wanted a "better" return of Ali (I guess it would be hard to find anyone who disagreed with that one) but I don't think she was really so out of character as you think.
Ali was to some degree submissive in LBT 4, though much less so towards Littefoot than she was towards Rhett. She was definitely NOT submissive in leaving her herd and talking Littlefoot into not taking the others along. But in both cases she met very little resistance. The herd was asleep and Littlefoot was not ready or willing to argue with her. The only case in which we see Ali really stand up to someone is when Cera accuses her of making up stories about Littlefoot being trapped in that cave (and here Ali had almost no alternative to standing up against Cera).
And being bland to someone was not unknown to Ali in LBT 4 either. More than once she sports some rather seductive looks at Littlefoot which I suppose may have done their part to create images for some fans which go beyond anything shown in the movie (the most notable example for such a look can be found in the scene before she cuts the faces). She is complimenting Littlefoot too in a manner which one might interpret as bland. There is no need to be as bland in case of Littlefoot as in case of Rhett, but how far would she have gone if Littlefoot had not been Littlefoot?
We don't know.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I did enjoy most of the episode.  I wonder if Ali has friends in other locations her herd visits.  She must have some opportunity to play with some others, likely mainly longnecks from her earlier reactions in the 4th movie.  This would explain how she new lots of different games, and knew Rhett didn't like playing with others he does not know.   His reason may be he's shy, not fully self confident, or maybe a bit afraid he may be found out.  I wonder also if he made up the tales as we heard them the first time or if they grew with each telling like Cera's did in the Amazing Treehorn Girl episode.  

There are many unknowns, especially about the recurring characters.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i liked this episode it was cool it was neat because it brought back the friends for dinner song and that was funny because at the end of the song it looked like Chomper was thinking about eating them but really he was just pertending to for the fun of it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I enjoyed the song.  It was nice to hear a song from one of the movies, but this one done for laughs.  Though the one from the 5th movie had funny moments, especially when one of Chomper's parents sees him gathering plants and says "Sometimes I worry about that boy.".  Though Chomper's response at the end of the song was as funny I thought.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i love part 5 and the song friends for dinner song in this epsoid and that was also sung in part 5 also.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Chomper is so cute. He was planning but why did his friends not defend him. The old ones seem to know he was only baby since they weren't running fast but only walking fast to him. If they caught him, they would have either killed him which wouldn't have be a good idea since they don't know if there are bigger rexs might try to revenge themselves on them for killing their baby. They perceive him as a threat since he is a sharptooth. He really does have a right to pretend to eat them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wondered why the kids didn't speak up also till it was almost to late, unless it was since the episode could not end so soon.  Maybe it's a plot hole.  

The Old One shows again she's experienced but not wise.  She didn't do what was the wiser thing to do.  Think for herself for one instead of letting others decide what to do then go along.  Also she didn't send a single longneck to go and tell the residents that they had a sharptooth in the valley and have them look to see if any others were in the valley.  Also a wise person would have noted, & perhaps not understanding why, that Chomper was standing among the kids and the kids didn't seem afraid of him.  More evidence that she's experienced & not wise, and seems to be a figurehead leader, not a true leader.   Grandpa Longneck I'd say is wise & experienced.  Littlefoot wise, but very inexperienced, which will change over time.   Just because one is old does not mean one is wise.  Those are 2 very different things.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One thing which I think we woefully lack in this discussion is the knowledge on how and why Chomper was accepted in the Great Valley in the first place. The dinosaurs of the Great Valley may (perhaps) be more tolerant than moving herds, but I don't see Cera's father happily accepting the idea of his daughter befriending a sharptooth, nor do I think that all the parents with young hatchlings would be glad about the perspective of having a young sharptooth around.
As for the others being not there right away to speak up for Chomper (they did turn up before long though) I think that it took them a moment to catch up with the chase. Seeing that there was only one small sharptooth at the moment the Old One may have planned to interrogate that one about the possible presence of other sharpteeth before alerting the rest of the Great Valley (which would also explain why they didn't trample Chomper down right away)... but no, there is a logic failure in that thought because the Old one did not expect Chomper to be able to speak leafeater language.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As far as I've seen most, if not all, assume that all sharpteeth are dumb and can't talk or think so she'd not want or even think of interrogating them.  I can see the residents not telling farwalkers about Chomper since some may be scared off from visiting the valley, but why not tell Chomper not to go hear where the farwalkers are since he may scare them or get hurt himself.   If one thinks about it there may be quite a few plotholes like the Hidden Canyon Episode.   One has to either try their best to overlook such errors and plot holes or treat the episode as if it never happened and not watch it or that it's a dream of one of the characters and didn't really happen.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It was Strange how Ali was still caught up with the "stick to your own kind" atmosphere plus believing everything Rhett had said.  Its like she gotten worse or something.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I liked the episode but I HATED how Ali acted. Except that she accepted Chomper quicker then Littlefoot and the gang did. Thats the only good part.

I wish they made another LBT movie with romance with Ali and Littlefoot.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot3897,Apr 24 2009 on  10:49 AM
I wish they made another LBT movie with romance with Ali and Littlefoot.
At the age and time there in, that's a slim chance of it happening, but if they were a little older that's understandable.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Today I’d like to give my two cents about: The Brave Longneck Scheme. We start as two of the main characters are taking a short cut. To where? Gee, I don’t know. The episode never says. Apparently, wherever they were going, it wasn’t even important. As soon as they see Ali, they don’t even care what it was they were about to do since they head over to her herd. Way to make an opening that is pointless. They could have at least said what they did all that walking for.

Two brave adventurers trek through the swamp of doom, narrowly escaping the poisonous snakes. They scale a rocky cliff, nearly loosing their grip many times in the process. A wild boar meets them at the top, stabbing at the boy head on, but the girl quickly scares it away with a lit torch. They come across a smooth field, seemingly out of danger. Suddenly, a dragon attacks them. They run as fast as they can go, but the beast gains on them. Just as the dragon was about grab the travelers, they fall into a mine. Though safe, they sustained a few pulled muscles in the process. They walk deeper into the dark tunnel, and they see light up ahead. Then out of nowhere, bats start swarming around their heads. As the kids flail there arms and shout, the noise causes some of the cave to fall in. They make a run for it, getting outside just in the nick of time. Finally, the boy remember something. “Hey sis, it’s nearly lunch time and mom is making grilled cheese sandwiches. Let’s stop and go home.” “Okay.” The end.

I mean seriously, they build all this hype about going somewhere just to have it completely ignored. Littlefoot was nearly exhausted from climbing that tall cliff. Viewers are surely curious what they were working so hard to get to. But do the writers ever say where they were heading? If you’ve seen the episode, you know the answer. If not, then- NO! They do not! Sure, imaginations are fun to use, but SOME people like to relax and enjoy a fully-explained program without having to fill in blanks from speculation. Don’t be lazy, writers. It’s not that hard to think of a reason to go somewhere. “We’re almost to the berry bushes, Littlefoot.” See? That was all you had to do. Hard? No! Sheesh.

And wasn’t it kind of odd when Littlefoot and Cera wanted to play and Rhett was all like, “Tell them” to Ali? It seemed so rehearsed, like it happens all the time. The longneck herd eventually comes across a small gathering of threehorns. “Wanna play?” one of them asks the longneck kids. “Tell them,” Rhett demands, turning his back. “Uh, how does it go again?” Ali asked, embarrassed. “I am very brave, but I don’t play with kids I don’t know.” “Oh, right, thanks.” Clearing her throat, Ali explains, “Rhett is very, uh…” “Brave! Can’t you ever remember your lines?” “Sorry! Rhett is very brave, but he doesn’t play with kids that are shorter than him.” “No! It’s ëI don’t play with kids I don’t know.’ Know!” I wonder how long it took for that system to get set up. Kids come, Rhett gives the order and turns his back, then Ali explains. I suppose I can visualize that happening.

Wait a minute… Rhett doesn’t play with kids he doesn’t know but plays with Ali. What, did he know her automatically the moment she came into existence? Surely he had to get to know her at some point. Does he like, have some policy about only getting to know one dinosaur a year or something? Or maybe it’s something even weirder. “Come on, Rhett! Can’t you get to know some more friends?” “Sorry, you know my rule. I only get to know kids that are one color in the movies, but are a different color in the episodes. So far, you’re the only one to meet that criteria.” “Aw. Oh well. Maybe the artists will slack off again someday.” Come on writers. If you’re that tired, drink some Monster or Red Bull or something. Just please stop taking your fatigue out on The Land Before Time.

Quick point of interest. Does foot sound anything like neck? Let me answer that. No. Not even one letter is the same. Rhett actually thought Littlefoot’s name was Littleneck? Come on, don’t you writers know how to make a logical lapse of hearing? “I won’t go to my room!” “You won’t go to the moon?” “I can’t drive that far.” “You can’t drive your car?” See? Those phrases can easily be misheard. But mixing up neck and foot? Sure, I suppose that they’re both body parts, but that really has nothing to do with how people hear names. Maybe if Rhett heard Littlefoot’s name a long time ago, recalling it may make his brain link to a word similar, such as another body part, but he heard his name, what, seconds ago? Either he should see his nearest Otolaryngologist, or see whatever deals with loss of short term memory.

Rhett: “I built a mountain of rocks with my tail.” Littlefoot: “You really believe he built a mountain of rocks with his tail?” Rhett: Well, that mountain was mostly built, but I finished the top!” Ali believed him the first time, then when he admitted to lying then said something else, she then went on to believe him again right afterwards. (“See, he finished the top!”) “I think you have this backwards, Ali.” “Huh? What do you mean, Michael?” “Well, I could be wrong, but usually when someone lies, you’re supposed to trust the guy less, not believe him all the more.” “You’re kidding!” “Yeah, that news may come as a shock for you, but I believe it to be true. Anyway, I built a rainbow with my feet.” “Really!?” “Nah, I’m lying.” “Oh.” “By the way, I defeated a Sharptooth using only my eyes.” “Wow!” “Okay, Ali, you’re not listening…”

Illogical words and phrases in songs like “Spike a la mode” have already been addressed on this forum, so I won’t beat a dead horse… Okay, maybe I will. Writers, seriously? Is it that hard to make lyrics that actually fit into the setting? “Don’t wanna eat Spike or a toad, or a meal deep in muck.” “You think that tastes good?” “Yuck!” Okay, okay, so that’s a stupid substitute for the actual lyrics. At least it fits in the Land Before Time universe! And I’m not even a paid professional! Someone’s due for a demotion…

Let’s talk a bit about Littlefoot here. Or Clumsyfoot, he should be called. How many times is he going to trip on something? Creatures with four legs are less likely to fall than two-leggers, yet he falls more than anyone. During the practice session to scare Rhett, he trips on a stone and comes crashing down into everyone. Maybe if this was the first or second time, but he has fallen during Invasion of the Tinysauruses, Escape from the Mysterious Beyond, The Stone of Cold Fire, Journey Through the Mists and those are just the ones I can think of right now; there may be more. I mean, even the Yellow Bellies from movie thirteen didn’t have this much trouble moving around. “Grandpa, grandpa!” “Yes? What is it Littlefoot? Are you alright?” “I fell.” “Oh, is that all? So what else is new?” Seriously, how many times are you writers going to make him fall down? Infamous Doofa herself was more graceful. “Sorry, Littlefoot, but it’s the truth and you know it.” “Yeah, I know. But I’m sure I’ll learn to be more careful in the future.” “Writers made him clumsy AND overly optimistic…” “What?” “Nothing!”

So, the longneck herd is about to drive away Chomper. Littlefoot decides to save him. Couldn’t he have, I don’t know, shouted, “Hey, stop herd! He’s our friend and not mean at all!”? Oh no! That would have been too easy. Adventurous Littlefoot just had to make the scene more interesting by saying nothing while simply sending Petrie to scout out the situation. Let’s just be thankful that it takes all day for giant longnecks to catch a sharptooth smaller than their feet, or Littlefoot’s foolishness would have actually caused a problem. With a herd that incompetent with a mere child, perhaps Rhett saved them from a few sharpteeth attacks after all…

Well, that sums up my points of interest. Sure, I was a bit nit picky, but hey, it was fun so nyeh. I’m The Friendly Sharptooth. I tear apart The Land Before Time so you don’t have to! /Gets out of chair

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd like you to describe your opinions of the cvharacters TFS. You did a very good job on this...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Bruton the Iguanodon

We waited 10 freakin years to see Ali again...and got this?!