The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Themed Yu-Gi-Oh Cards

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks pretty good it's a very good drawing of the card. It's a good solid effort it really is

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
thank you... since I think it's worse than your favorite LBT14 movie. ;)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It is the green sharptooth from the fifth film that chases the gang and fights Chomper's parents.
Gotcha

What do you mean by convenient boulder!? I've never heard of such a thing (sarcasm). :lol In any case, I liked these ones, especially the Time of Great Giving looks good as does the shading on the before-mentioned card. Nice job!
You're right, I have no idea where I got the idea from (also sarcasm). Time of Great Giving was one of the first spell cards I came up with and started a trend of picking songs and movie titles for spell ideas. I also liked it since I got to draw Nod or Mutt (I'm actually not sure which is which) since they don't get much spotlight.

@Snik,
What have I unleashed? :wow Now I know what to look for in the corners of my room. :lol Good job! A drawing doesn't have to be amazing to get its point across. I like how the one hand is reaching out of the shadows, like a horror movie where a creature slowly reveals itself. I look forward to seeing your official reaction to my drawing of your "favorite" [not-friendly] sharptooth!

since I think it's worse than your favorite LBT14 movie.
I never knew LBT14 was your favorite LBT movie ADFan? (a lot of sarcasm going around, I like it) :lol

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
I just wanna say that every single one of those cards you posted look amazing! Great job, mate :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Lol okay I may not fully like the 14th Movie but parts of the movie where not that bad. The diggers I liked they where the only good thing in this movie. Other than that I didn't find it enjoyable enough.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
You didn't like the sharpteeth? The Carnotaurus was the best sharptooth since the fifth movie.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I guess the horned Sharptooth was pretty cool to see. It did have a pretty good design to it. Since it was the first time I saw one.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Flathead770,Jun 20 2017 on  01:37 AM
I look forward to seeing your official reaction to my drawing of your "favorite" [not-friendly] sharptooth!
thank you.

I was drawing it yesterday (right before sleep, like the first drawing), but since I can't draw... I spoiled the picture. :/
So I have to redraw it today. ;)
Stay tuned!
6/14
0/26

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As someone who understands the rules more, since I've been knowledgeable of them since the show came out in the US, I do have one main criticism.

Big Daddy - If my eyes did not deceive me, he has 5 stars and low attack and defense points.  This means that I have to sacrifice a monster just to bring out something that's meant for nothing more than stall and sacrifice. (Especially with his ability.) I would highly recommend removing at least 1 star.  I feel he should be a two to three star monster, especially with that low attack and defense.  It would be much more understandable in my opinion.

Also, do you have any of them as Fusion, Synchro or Xyz monsters?  They are popular and without any of them, one is at a disadvantage in this day and age.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to more of what you have.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
OH MY SUBGOD...

HOW COULD YOU?!!

well, it's time to draw my Shade in normal view, since I revealed his appearance. :3
6/14
0/26

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@pokeplayer,
Originally I was going to have Big Daddy have another ability of some sort to help offset his lower stats but ran out of room. I could lower his level down so he doesn't require tributing as I do want him to have lower stats since he's small. Some change is probably warranted. My friend stopped drawing his cards though so I haven't put too much thought in to updating any of my cards.

I don't have any xyz or synchro cards since my friend and I have only bothered with the early Yu-Gi-Oh seasons. I do have a couple of fusion and ritual cards though. Fusion took some thought as physically fusing LBT characters seems strange. Ritual monsters may be a bit archaic compared to others but they're kinda fun if you happen to have the cards (This whole idea is obviously meant to goof around with and not be taken too seriously).

Thanks for the input and also feel free to correct me on any rules I screw up when I'm explaining things. I haven't actually played a real game of Yu-Gi-Oh before so I've just been trying to look all the rules up.

@Snik,
Ha, classic. Is that a Polymerization I see him eating?

--------

Stinkweed: This is an equip spell, so it stays in effect as long as the chosen monster remains on the field and the monster gains the effect of the card. The card pretty much acts as camouflage, preventing the monster from being targeted by spells and monsters as long as another monster I control can be targeted. Traps and global effects still work however. The picture is interesting as I drew the top half from LBT14 but had to use a similar pose from another movie since it was cut off (I ended up using a scene from LBT9).

Great Day of Flyers: This picture ended up being poorly planned as I intended to draw more of Petrie's siblings flying behind him (from Flip, Flap, and Fly). Another draw support card that is better the more wind attribute monsters you control. I used Pot of Greed as a reference and made it's base effect worse with the best case scenario better.

Big Freeze: If anyone knows how to draw an effect to simulate shaking, that would be great as it looks a bit too static the way it is. Anyways, this acts as a stall card, preventing both players from attacking each other to help you set up. Similar to Swords of Revealing Light.

Tar Pit: Similar to Big Freeze, it traps a attacking monster and prevents it from attacking again for a couple turns. Useful to stall a powerful monster. Since Hyp jumped into a tar pit that was under a layer of water, I changed it to look more like tar by having it stick to his body and look more viscous.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:32:12 PM by Flathead770 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I drew just some abstract vortex, Flathead. :)
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Great job, as always.  ^^spike The different types of cards is getting really interesting and the drawings are as nice as always. I like especially the Great Day of the Fliers because it seems like the most fluidly drawn one. And, Snik, that's a hilarious idea!  :lol

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome cards they're very good and welll drawn

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just wanna say that every single one of those cards you posted look amazing! Great job, mate
I forgot to thank you last post, so thanks Midnight!

I drew just some abstract vortex, Flathead.
Here I thought you were holding out on me haha. Good job with the drawing!

Great job, as always. The different types of cards is getting really interesting and the drawings are as nice as always. I like especially the Great Day of the Fliers because it seems like the most fluidly drawn one
Thanks again Sovereign! I was really happy how Petrie turned out so that's why I never re-did the drawing to fit more of his siblings in.

--------

Imaginary Friend: An equip card that takes the hit for the selected monster. Generally used to keep a monster alive so it can be tributed to summon better monsters.

Invasion of Tinysauruses: This was probably the 2nd hardest card to draw and while it was an idea I had early on, I wasn't sure what the picture was going to be. I ended up re-watching all of the 11th movie and found when they were all charging the sharpteeth to be a perfect scene to draw from. The effect is the same as Big Daddy's, summoning 2 tokens to the field (I actually ended up giving the same ability to Big Daddy as I couldn't come up with anything else).

Call for Help: Another scene from LBT11, mostly because I wanted to draw Ducky again since other characters were getting more spotlight. The card almost works in the opposite effect of Takes All Sorts where you get to look for a monster that shares an affinity with one you control. The idea was like they're calling for their parents. It costs some life points as well with the benefit of having no level restrictions.

Impromptu Song: Of course I had to include a song related card. This was another idea that was hard to find a scene to draw as it had to look like they're singing.I ended up finding a scene by accident when I was re-watching all the TV episodes (this was from the Friends for Dinner song in "The Brave Longneck Scheme"). All monsters switch to defense mode to sing. :lol Since it's a quick play card it can be used on the opponents turn, preventing him from attacking and if they have monsters with high ATK but low DEF you can then attack next turn to potentially destroy their monsters.

With most of the basic spell and trap cards shown, I'll show cards relating to fusion and rituals next. Only 13 cards left.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:32:25 PM by Flathead770 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Yay! Purple red-eyed Fast Biter!
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So a quick explanation on ritual summoning since the next set shown has one. Generally two cards are required in your hand: the monster card to be summoned and the specific ritual spell card. Another usual requirement is to tribute monsters (either from your field or your hand) so that the total level tributed is greater or equal to the ritual monster's level. The downside to ritual summoning is needing both cards to summon but has two major benefits. First is that tributing can be done from your hand so you don't need to build up your field to summon. Second is that ritual summons count as special summons so you can still summon the monster if you've normal summoned this turn already.

Earthshake: Littlefoot's legs look a little disproportional to his body but oh well. This acts as crowd control, destroying all low level monsters in play. This can help prevent the opponent from setting up for tributing though it should be done after you've tributed your lower level monsters first. Destroying a lot of monsters with this card can also cost a lot of life points so it should be used with a bit of caution.

Sharp Tooth: To help with the difficulty of ritual summoning, this card searches for Saurus Rock, the ritual spell card to ritual summon Doc at the cost of tributing a dark attribute monster from either your field or your hand (Snik, your favorite sharptooth has a purpose :lol). If anyone is curious, I used the tooth knocked out of the sharptooth in LBT 6 as reference.

Saurus Rock: Not too much to say effect wise as I have already explained everything. The drawing ended up alright I guess. I'm really not sure what I'm doing when it comes to drawing natural structures like this.

Doc, The Lone Dinosaur: The main card of this showcase, the fabled sharptooth hunter. As of yet, I haven't given him an effect so I just gave him high stats. Since he shows up to defend against sharpteeth I was planning on having an ability where his ATK increases when attacking dark attribute monsters. I was a little hesitant though since my friend was making a dark attribute focused deck so I felt like it was specifically countering him.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:32:35 PM by Flathead770 »