The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask the Dalek

Dalekdino · 312 · 22368

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Looks like a fellow Dr Who fan who lives in the UK, eh? Have you ever been the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff?

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 11 2015 on  09:31 PM
Looks like a fellow Dr Who fan who lives in the UK, eh? Have you ever been the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff?
Oh your a Drwho fan too. No I hhaven't been to the Cardiff one. But I did go to the former Blackpool Dr who museum one before it closed in 2009... And I ones met Colin Baker.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jan 11 2015 on  08:44 PM
Oh your a Drwho fan too. No I hhaven't been to the Cardiff one. But I did go to the former Blackpool Dr who museum one before it closed in 2009... And I ones met Colin Baker.
That's awesome! Paul McGann was at a local comic-con earlier this year, but unfortunately it was the one time I decided not to go, so I missed out on that one. :(

Who is your favourite Doctor?

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 11 2015 on  10:09 PM
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jan 11 2015 on  08:44 PM
That's awesome! Paul McGann was at a local comic-con earlier this year, but unfortunately it was the one time I decided not to go, so I missed out on that one. :(

Who is your favourite Doctor?
Probably David Tennant 10th Doctor. As he's the one I grew up with.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Same here. Who is your favourite companion?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 11 2015 on  10:48 PM
Same here. Who is your favourite companion?
It's tied between Rose and Amy.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
More Questions:

1.) Do you think Chomper will ever find a girlfriend (and get her not to eat the Gang of Five and Ruby too I might add!) or will his "Leaf Eaters are friends, not food" program ensure that he is always single and thought a weirdo by fellow Sharpteeth?

2.)  Should they continue making movies ending with when all the main characters have kids of their own or would that be going too far?

3.) If Littlefoot and Chomper were to switch bodies for a week, do you think Littlefoot would bite Cera in the tail?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Jan 12 2015 on  12:00 AM
More Questions:

1.) Do you think Chomper will ever find a girlfriend (and get her not to eat the Gang of Five and Ruby too I might add!) or will his "Leaf Eaters are friends, not food" program ensure that he is always single and thought a weirdo by fellow Sharpteeth?

2.)  Should they continue making movies ending with when all the main characters have kids of their own or would that be going too far?

3.) If Littlefoot and Chomper were to switch bodies for a week, do you think Littlefoot would bite Cera in the tail?
1. Erm not sure about that... It would be good if Chomper were to teach another female kid Sharptooth to be friendly.....

2. I don't know. I have this thing about not liking seeing kid characters I grew up with as adults.... Mind you it would be a good way to end the franchise or start a new generation.

3. No... Been a fan who loves Cera I wouldn't want to see that.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Since you mentioned that you like animes in my ask-me thread (I knew that subconsciously but the reminder just inspired me to ask you a question...), what animes have you seen? Is there a particular one you'd recommend me (aka an anime you really, really like)? :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 19 2015 on  09:45 PM
Since you mentioned that you like animes in my ask-me thread (I knew that subconsciously but the reminder just inspired me to ask you a question...), what animes have you seen? Is there a particular one you'd recommend me (aka an anime you really, really like)? :)
Well I've seen quite a few I can't remember them all but here the list. Pokemon, Tokyo new new, sailor moon, card captor Sakura, monster rancher, Candy candy, inuyasha, YU-GI-OH,  and most of the studio ghibli films.

Well my top 2 faves and recommends are pokemon as like LBT it was a big part of childhood for me, and I was real surprised when I read that in Japan some pokemon and LBT characters share the same VAs. Plus it was the first anime I saw.
2nd is Tokyo mew mew. Note though don't watch the English dub of this one it SUCKS! This one boosted my liking for animÈ an inspired me to draw humans anime style, plus this anime as some cute female characters:)

I should also say that my human OCs crossover with these anime's too.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay. The only anime I'm watching so far is Naruto. I like it quite a lot and the german dub is actually quite satisfying (in fact, I hate it whenever the cut scenes are still japanese :p). Closing in 400 episodes, it's a lot to watch (I've stopped at 151 last sunday) :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 20 2015 on  01:15 PM
Ah okay. The only anime I'm watching so far is Naruto. I like it quite a lot and the german dub is actually quite satisfying (in fact, I hate it whenever the cut scenes are still japanese :p). Closing in 400 episodes, it's a lot to watch (I've stopped at 151 last sunday) :p
I see. I've seen bits of Naruto but it didn't grow on me...  Another I like about Anime's is unlike most western cartoons, they have story arcs, and can been edgy and have guts to do dark things here and there. Plus they tend to have cute characters:)

BTW another anime I've seen and forgot to put in the list is dinosaur king.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you think Ducky doing karate when she is older would be a good addition or a bad one to LBT?  

Ducky: You have maded me mad.  You have.  You have!  (Karate chops Domehead) Take that!

Also, do you think a plotline where Petrie would find that his father had followed Pterano and died would be a good plotline for LBT or a bad one?  

I have a fanfic where Chomper accidentally kills the Old One.  Considering that it was by accident, he was protecting another Sharptooth, and that he had more or less been set up as the fight between the Old One and his girlfriend had been part of a trick of the main bad guy who later was exposed, would the Great Valley let him back in, even if they knew he hadn't meant to harm her, or would he be out for good after that?  (Be serious).  (One can assume that since the Old One's death, he did a few things that saved a ton of lives in the Great Valley too, so you have to take that into account.  Also, we can assume that the Old One's death was an aberration and that the Great Valley is positive it will never happen like that again.)

Do you think Chomper's parents are dead at the time of the TV series or are they still around?  
(Assuming the latter, he could go back home with them after it appears that Red Claw is defeated.)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Jan 22 2015 on  12:07 AM
Do you think Ducky doing karate when she is older would be a good addition or a bad one to LBT?  

Ducky: You have maded me mad.  You have.  You have!  (Karate chops Domehead) Take that!

Also, do you think a plotline where Petrie would find that his father had followed Pterano and died would be a good plotline for LBT or a bad one?  

I have a fanfic where Chomper accidentally kills the Old One.  Considering that it was by accident, he was protecting another Sharptooth, and that he had more or less been set up as the fight between the Old One and his girlfriend had been part of a trick of the main bad guy who later was exposed, would the Great Valley let him back in, even if they knew he hadn't meant to harm her, or would he be out for good after that?  (Be serious).  (One can assume that since the Old One's death, he did a few things that saved a ton of lives in the Great Valley too, so you have to take that into account.  Also, we can assume that the Old One's death was an aberration and that the Great Valley is positive it will never happen like that again.)

Do you think Chomper's parents are dead at the time of the TV series or are they still around?  
(Assuming the latter, he could go back home with them after it appears that Red Claw is defeated.)
1. Oh no no. Ducky doing Karate... That's not her thing at all, I think it would be very out of character.

2. I think that would be too dark and morbid..

3 Not sure about that one.

4. I think there still alive. I mean seeing how dumbed down the franchises was by the TV show they wouldn't have to guts to kill parents off.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, considering that the franchise may have different directors and stuff now, things might be different now.  

Also, the dark events I spoke of would be in a LBT two part finale movie that would be in theaters (if I had my way with it all) and would be just as dark, and likely darker as we know a grown up Chomper is gonna bring trouble, than the original film of 1988.  

I mean, maybe we could at last learn why Littlefoot didn't stay away from Chomper despite having lost his mother so close to the events of the second film.  I mean, we need to know if his move in keeping Chomper rather than letting him die in the sinking sands was a good move or a very bad one.

I for one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, need to know what will happen with Chomper as it gets so close to the heart of the first film in some ways too.  I mean, if Chomper does go hunting Leaf Eaters and Littlefoot finds out, then you know that's gonna hurt him inside, wondering if Chomper will someday kill somebody else's mother and they'll have to go through what he did.  

I admit, if we don't ever find out for sure that Chomper is truly a Friendly Sharptooth, and how he'd avoid eating Leaf Eaters when we come of age, I'll find that I've been disappointed with the whole franchise.  

I know that Don Bluth would be man enough to handle this subject, but I sure hope that others will as well.  

Another subject of interest is how Littlefoot will find a mate and continue his herd, also tying in to the first film, when he's the only longneck, that we know of, his age in the Great Valley and that Mama Longneck was gravely mistaken when she said that there would be other Longnecks to play with there.  

The only female Longneck his age that we know of is Ali and we kinda had a little trouble in the TV Series as Littlefoot now has a rival to her, Rhett.  

They mentioned a "next generation" at the end of the first film and I hope we see that before all is said and done.  I'd like to see Littlefoot tell his children about all of his adventures.  It would be SO cool!  Especially if the kids were to grow up in a post-segregation world that their parents helped create during the franchise.  

I think the spots where they could have ended the franchise were

1.)  The first movie.

2.) Movie 10 (He could have gone with Bron)

3.) Movie 13 (They mentioned the words "Land Before Time" for the first time in the franchise and it almost seemed like an ending.)

However, now that there is a film 14, we need to end it when they are adults.  

However, if they become adults, it almost certainly is going to get darker, as, face it, life as a kid, usually, is brighter and things get darker once you come of age or get around there.  Especially one would think that would be true in the dino world as the characters would  have things to think about as they got into their late teens and beyond that we don't really see yet:  (i..e, Grandma and Grandpa Longneck finally telling Littlefoot more about babies, not that we'd like to see that on screen  :wow  ,  and things like that.).  Also, we have yet to see someone fall in love (other than Topps and Tria, I guess) in LBT.  

I almost thought that film V would be the last time we'd ever see Chomper, but he came back in the TV Series and hence I think they aren't done with him yet as he's so popular.  As for Ruby, I hope they bring her back too, even if she isn't as well known.  

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Have you ever seen Redwall? If so, how much did you like it?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Midnight,Jan 22 2015 on  08:50 PM
I'm sorry but I have never even heard of this Redwall...

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jan 22 2015 on  03:19 PM
Quote from: Midnight,Jan 22 2015 on  08:50 PM
I'm sorry but I have never even heard of this Redwall...
Redwall is a pretty epic cartoon from the UK, made in the late nineties. It has some well-deserved high praising: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redwall_%28TV_series%29

Some people say that it is the best British Cartoon ever made (aside for the Watership Down TV Series). Check it out if you can, you won't regret it :)

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Are there any particular captions I have recently made that you like?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Mar 30 2015 on  05:35 PM
Are there any particular captions I have recently made that you like?
Well I liked your continuation of my caption were I said Spike had wet the nest, one of Ducky saying she wee wee'd herself, one were you said don't you just wanna give Tricia a tickle on the belly, and saying that a physics teacher is less boring than Topsy.
That's all I can think of for now.