The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Big Gang of Five Meeting?

Mumbling · 129 · 23361

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We'll see what's going on with me at that time next year, but I am interested.  You guys will definitely have a solid answer from me closer to that time.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Definitely say yes.... but as to when, I have to honestly say "Uhh hold on a moment" which turns into a few years.
This sounds like a great idea - I've even suggested this to one of my forums on FF... well, suggested the idea might be nice, and got a lot of positive responses, lol
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

ddmkm122

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: ddmkm122,Nov 24 2013 on  01:54 PM
I voted the bottom option.
We're crushed.

How often do the European crowd meet up anyway? It's getting to that point in my life where I could legitimately fly somewhere and meet a group.

ddmkm122

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Nov 24 2013 on  04:11 PM
Quote from: ddmkm122,Nov 24 2013 on  01:54 PM
I voted the bottom option.
We're crushed.

How often do the European crowd meet up anyway? It's getting to that point in my life where I could legitimately fly somewhere and meet a group.
Um, I am American!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
How often do the European crowd meet up anyway?
Depends on how you define "crowd" ;)
If two GOF members suffice to make a crowd I am aware of nine meetings since 2004, if it takes at least three for a crowd that would make six meetings if it is four at least that would be five meetings. At the moment there is the intention, but not the time respectively monetary means for the next meeting.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just a little bumpybump. I've just heard the dates of my internship. They should be between 26 august and 16 january. I want to be free by 20 august, just in case anything weird happens. If we really want to get this going, I think putting up a poll with possible dates would work best.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
28 July - 8 August would work out on my end. Weekends would work as well for me if the meeting would take place in Germany. ;)

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would love to come,will give me a reason to visit another country and take a little holiday,and just drop by and see all you guys for a little gathering as I travel around..just what country will this be in exactly though? Germany?

Thingy is I'm from the land down under,is this just for the GOF people up north? If so,I'm screwed.

I'm from Australia.

Course I won't come just for this meeting thingy,but seeing the other side of the world sounds epic..I love being adult,I don't need permission to do things  yay.

Cause that won't be random at all,the random girl from outback Australia..not random at all.

I've been meaning to takea holiday in another country,and there is a chance of this meeting,so why now just do both at once. It just depends on what country it is really.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's not just for people up north, everyone is welcome to come, no matter from what continent... But we know that this is expensive and usually should be combined with another trip. We don't know where the meeting will be yet, but probably at Malte's place? That's in Germany.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If the meeting is hosted in Germany, I might be allowed to come. My parents won't let me travel to a foreign country all alone and I do accept their decision. Would love to meet you guys :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
man i would love to come to one of these, but i dont think one has ever been held anywhere near me :p

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As much as I would like to attend, I'll have to decline.

I already have an occasion coming up as well as my own priorities to worry about.

Sorry about that. Perhaps another time.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If it's held in the mid-west of the USA I POSSIBLY could come, probably not but I can't go fly across the country, due to the expense.
8 years with TGOF :yum

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Unless a meeting is held very close to where I am (as in within at most an hour), I can't go. I have no car myself, so I have to either rely on my family (who work or live too far away as it is with one of my siblings), or the bus system (which would be easier but there's only so many places it will go). And I can't really afford any long distance traveling. Even just going to a neighbor state would be too much. So I can only attend a meeting located in a very specific portion of Pennsylvania, unfortunately.

Ducky_is_best_dino

• Ruby
    • View Profile
/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:23:43 PM by Ducky_is_best_dino »

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: Ducky_is_best_dino,Feb 24 2015 on  09:07 AM
We would have to set up a system were instead of one meetup we organize many small meatups around the world. Perhaps one in each state, that would be a good balance. We could also ask for the curent city of origin of LBT fans (they would give it to us by ther own free will. We don't want to pressure anyone into doing something they don't want to do) and use the information to create a density map showing the concentration of fans in each state and that would give us at least an idea of where we should set up the meetings.
I really like this kind of idea. Would be very cool.  :yes

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I agree. For such a diverse online community it doesn't make much sense for everyone to try and make it to a single spot on the globe. The logistics of such an enterprise would be beyond crazy... Sadly though, I'm more than sure that there are no GoF members anywhere near my location. :D

Ducky_is_best_dino

• Ruby
    • View Profile
/

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:24:27 PM by Ducky_is_best_dino »

Ducky_is_best_dino

• Ruby
    • View Profile
/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:24:49 PM by Ducky_is_best_dino »