The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

i have good news but idk if this will happen

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/BigDealStudios
i went to cartoonnetwork.com and requested the land before time to be back on the channel and explained to them that it has disappeared a while ago
who knows? i don't know if this will happen because like 2 weeks ago i requested the mr. men show to be in har har tharsdays and i STILL haven't got a response.
but wish me luck and hope the show will come back on soon :smile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good luck, thought I fear they'll need more than one request to put something back up again.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I remember doing that awhile back. They never responded though and of course LBT series didn't come back. :p

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Aug 8 2009 on  09:28 AM
I remember doing that awhile back. They never responded though and of course LBT series didn't come back. :p
well, at least SOMEONE attempted :p

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Aug 8 2009 on  09:28 AM
I sent this very sad and begging one for Courage the cowardly dog and teen titans. They never responded but they took my advice and showed it more on Cartoon Network again  :DD

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Im also thinking what if we write a letter to Universal Studios?

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot3897,Aug 8 2009 on  01:28 PM
good idea!
and yesterday they were showing courage the cowardly dog and a few days ago cartoon network showed teen titans for like half the day

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
When I was younger I wrote a series of 12 letters to Universal Studios, at the time just thanking them for creating and continuing the LBT series. No response. My dad even got the president's secretary on the phone who promised we'd get a response, and nothing ever came.

Then I wrote to Hasbro Inc. once, and in two days got a mailed coupon for a free G.I. Joe. I haven't written to Universal since.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Aug 9 2009 on  11:00 AM
When I was younger I wrote a series of 12 letters to Universal Studios, at the time just thanking them for creating and continuing the LBT series. No response. My dad even got the president's secretary on the phone who promised we'd get a response, and nothing ever came.

Then I wrote to Hasbro Inc. once, and in two days got a mailed coupon for a free G.I. Joe. I haven't written to Universal since.
That's sad.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Aug 9 2009 on  04:00 AM

I can't help but ask, who was the president at that time? Same thing happened to me only thing is it had to due with another issue.

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Aug 9 2009 on  04:00 AM

Was the hasbro letter about GI JOE?

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I go to another forum about Danny Phantom the Nickelodeon show. Many fans have wrote to Nickelodeon but they never replied. Only once they replied but it wasn't the president.

but even though they didnt reply, they saw our letters and listen to what we had to say. Soon they showed Danny Phantom again. but they never made a new season  <_<

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
One thing about them producers and owners of a TV program they are a bunch of Jerks acting like they don't know you and such.  So you have a slim chance get your request arcoss to them.  But I hope they don't put LBT to an End though

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well not to rain on anybody's high hopes, the chances of Universal listening to fans who want to see more LBT, whether it be TV or movies, is really slim to none. It has already been established that LBT was not making much money for Universal considering the seemingly decrease in the quality of the movie sequels, and while the TV series did provide potential to be a boost, it probably didn't seem like it would go that far. The same thing happened to Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles on FOX. Despite great reviews from fans, it didn't bring in much profit so it was cancelled after a very short first season. Luckily, it was renewed for a second season, but mainly because Terminator Salvation was coming out later.

In Universal's mind, renewing LBT probably would not be a worthwhile move. While it would certainly make fans very happy, it would require money to continue it, and if it does not bring in a profit then it's just Deja Vu. I think in order to really have a chance of renewing LBT in the future would require possibly an attorney or some sort, also you would have to come up with a VERY EXTREMELY convincing argument. Shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Teen Titans, and Danny Phantom were highly successful shows in there time, so it probably made much more sense for their respective producers to put them back on the air, even if they are just reruns.

Nevertheless, I applaud you for at least stepping up and doing something about it. So many people want something done but do not have the courage to do it, so it is refreshing to see that somebody is not afraid of being rejected to voice their opinion. Perhaps if more people, and I mean A WHOLE LOT MORE, were to take the same action as you then maybe there would be a chance of seeing LBT again in the future.

Anything is possible, but only if people put the effort into it.