The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Contest

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good one!  :lol  :lol  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 5 2016 on  12:42 PM
Good one!  :lol  :lol  :lol
Well I might still make it and post it on one of my own fan art topics.
And I like my Littlefoot and Ali and Cera and Bambo under mistletoe more.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How far have you got with your planned entries, Lone Dragon and DarkWolf? I'd really like you to finish your entries :yes :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 8 2016 on  12:54 PM
How far have you got with your planned entries, Lone Dragon and DarkWolf? I'd really like you to finish your entries :yes :)
Unfortunately, not far at all :oops
A couple of other things I've been working on have been taking longer than planned, so unfortunately I don't think I'll have anything done in time :cry

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
You ever gonna confirm the winner of this contest?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was hoping Darkwolf and Lone Dragon would be able to finish their planned entries but it doesn't look like it... I have a very busy week so I'll pick the winners at the weekend.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I so sorry but I will be unable to finish submit anything for the contest :sducky :angel  
I lost the motivation to draw and only have a partially finished sketch done.

Now that I won't be posting I will say that the finished drawing would have been a pic of The Gang and their families under a pine tree at night in a snowy field, lit up by fire flies, the shooting star traveling across the sky. Littlefoot and Ali share the same tree star, Petrie does his acrobatics while Cera spends some time with Tricia, Ruby and Chomper are sharing a fish while Spike just eats as much food as he can. Ducky is in the process of receiving a sky colour stone from Trough. All the parents are happily watching the scene.

Overall the drawing was way to ambitious for me and required more skill then I've ever deployed but it also involved drawing the kids relative to the size of the adults which proved to be extremely difficult. I wished but it proved to tricky for me. Anyways good luck to everyone else, seen some nice pics so far.    
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
okay, no prob. To be fair, the same thing has happened to me... I was meaning to submit my own entry at some point but I never got it started...  :oops

Uhh, anyway. We got two entries and I'm not so sure if picking a winner would make much sense here  :unsure:
My suggestion would be that you both get a free request from me as a prize (note, it'll take me a while to finish them ^^). Both of your entries were very creative, funny and original plus they really hit the theme of this contest! It'd be hard to choose a winner out of just two entries...

Let me know if that's alright with you, dalek and SRFG  :exactly

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yep, that's cool with me too.  :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright then, thank you for participating  :smile Let me know what your request is and I will try to get it done once my exams are over :yes

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Well I'm not sure what to request yet. You already drew one of my favourite Cera scenes. Her saying "Hee" at the end of LBT 4.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, you can request a drawing whenever you come up with an idea. Doesn't matter if it's tomorrow or in a few months :)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I thought I could make my request oisof my favourite cute Ducky scenes. Like the scene where she wiggles her toes in LBT 9.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=15123

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, I'll draw that one as soon as my exams are over :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, just a little reminder...

I still owe both of you the prizes for your participation.

@dalekdino: I have actually finished your request very recently. Made the lineart sometime in spring but only coloured it this week :p Since I like to post art in the order I finish it (mind you I have quite some stuff that I still need to upload  :bang ) it might take me a bit longer until I (finally) post it.

@ somerandomfangirl: I'm still owing you a request, got anything for me or something alternative I could do instead? ^^