The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dinosquad/LBT

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Hi guys me and DarkHououmon was talking last night and we came up with some ideas for a RPG one that based on Land Before Time and Dino Squad as a crossover. Here is part of the talk we had about it.

DarkHououmon says:
Did I tell you I was working on a Dino Squad fanfic?

Threehorn *All is well and just the way a Charizard likes it* says:
no

but that got me thinking now, what if we made a RPG on GOF

with LBT crossover with it

DarkHououmon says:
I did start to set up a Dino Squad RPG on a private board of mine (you might be a member there), but it hasn't started. I have considered starting one on GOF but couldn't figure out a plot to go with it.

well I got a idea, Velocie could be creating a new prototype device and the dino squad arrive at the testing site to stop him but the explosion throws him and them backwards in time crash landing near the Great Valley or even in it lol

DarkHououmon says:
lol Yeah.

DarkHououmon says:
Victor would be happy. Knowing him he'd be all "DINOSAURS! DINOSAURS! DINOSAURS!"  Because he loves his dinosaurs. 

yeah he would but this would be a place he'd never seen before   so it be strange for him as well as the dino squad and they would have to stay in dino forms and the other suprise they could talk physical to each other then thoughts as well

DarkHououmon says:
I can imagine Max and Fiona having a hard time because they're sharpteeth.
DarkHououmon says:
Oh and Ms. Moynihan too.

Yeah but Chomper could help convince the valley they friendly when the kids meet the 'new adult dinosaurs'

that would work wouldn't it?

DarkHououmon says:
Sure

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting.  I thought dinosquad could be an interesting rp by itself.  The crossover could fit also.  One would have to think if the dinosquad only allows fc's or if other folks could have been contaminated like the fc's were.  Also to think about is if the dinosquad and their teacher would prefer to remain in their human or dino forms, or switch between the two.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well it would work with them just being in Dino form making them not noticable by the dinosaurs if they was in human form. But also help them get around to find out how to get back to their time as well

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If they were in human form they'd have to make sure Veloci didn't see them.   Though they'd be more stealthy then their dino forms, handy for certain situations.

Though, it  seems like in Gatchaman (a tv series before your time, also chopped up into Battle of the Planets) the bad guys can't figure out the 5 dinos and 5 teens who hang out are the same folks.  Like on gatchaman the bad guys can't figure out the 5 gatchaman members and the 5 teens they keep stumbling across are the same.  The kids even have numbers on their shirts.  Guess the teens of both series have some sort of magical aura like superman does, where folks do not notice certain things like that.

Sorry for that.  It does sound like an interesting rp.  Even a separate dinosquad rp could be interesting.   Would their teacher appear in this one, or would she be back at base as she is usually?   Also looking for folks to play certain roles?  Or to early to do that yet?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Although I havent' seen Dinosquad yet...I do look forward to this rp...it does sound like fun! :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you want to see some episodes DH has some you can watch uploaded, the links are listed at the thread over at: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...=2210.40&hl=

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I just saw the first episode it was inspireing and I am now truely looking forward to this rp more and more! I wonder though will we be able to create our own Dinosquad members if we choose?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think with the right folks it could be lots of fun, even those with little to no knowledge could do LBT characters.   Also, like I think I mentioned here or elsewhere, Dinosquad itself could be an interesting rp of it's own.  Though things would have to be decided and talked about.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I got a idea how they could get there, the idea was that Veloci new toy overloads and warps space and time around the area and it get warps to that point as well but gets thrown from the point of the warp and everyone at first is warped to different loctions either in or around the outskirts of the Great Valley Great Wall.

That when they in their dino forms try to stop Veloci from using his new toy to warp areas into jungles from the dinosaur period of time but as said before it overloads and do the oppisite and sends the dinosquad and thier teacher with Veloci to the LBT period near the Great Valley or in it.

what do you think of it?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could work.  So it would not need to have the group and their teacher near Veloci it could be some areas were random warped, or it starts near Veloci's place and moves like a tornado, touching down at random spots.  The group could detect it and head out, or it heads towards the lighthouse.  They may go out to get better readings or to try to close it and get hit.    Or they set out to investigate it.  The only thing is in the few episodes I've seen the teacher, never can remember her name, usually stays at home while the teens set out.  That is why I suggested the tornado like movement and it hitting maybe near the lighthouse.

Just one idea of how to have them popped there without needing to be near Veloci, and I like the idea of them being deposited in different areas.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yeah that could work, that Veloci's new device overloads on him and vanishes with him but the effect creates multiple rips in different locations and the strage readings are picked up and at so many different locations that they had to split up to see what most are right away. But they vanish into the warped afteraffects then as the teacher about to investurgate what happened the warp affect could suddenly appear over the lighthouse location and caught her into it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess the dinosquad for this rp would be only the fc's in the cartoon, or will you allow oc's?  Also are Veloci and the kid's teacher open for folks to rp or they for you and DH only to rp?  

Also, you planning on a dinosquad rp after this one has run or not thought that far yet?

I guess other then the dinosquad and how they got there It'll be pure LBT with no magic, psi and ect?  

Another question occurred to me.  The dinosquad in dino form can only communicate using telepathy, but the LBT folks can physically talk, will this be adressed, or ignored for this rp, as in everyone talks including the squad, Veloci and their teacher in their dino forms?    Amy way you prefer to refer to their teacher, I can never remember her name apart from its' long and begins with an M.