The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Where do you see The Gang of Five in ten years?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Nice find WR! Yeah we should definitely be able to make it another year and a half.

Some people here LIED! :P

Oh, and I hope we still have that cool Littlefoot image for the background *wants it for a screensaver*
We managed to keep that for 8.5 years! I'm sure it'll live for another 1.5 ^^

2. The site crashes, everyone regroups and have to create a new GangofFive. A large number of users never come back until 3 years later
This kind of happened! Except it was a lot more coordinated and we saw a quick influx of older users returning.
I was just perusing old topics going down memory lane, and I stumbled on this beauty that will be very relevant in the next year and half.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'd say even though there is 1.5 years to go, how many things have or haven't happened according to us. 

Animeboye.....probably not coming back. 
Malte for the most part has moved onto other things. 
I have moved on to other things. 
I don't think the landbeforetime.org is standing alongside the GOF in the way Austin thought it may.  The wiki on the other hand is another story....we didn't see that coming!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'd say even though there is 1.5 years to go, how many things have or haven't happened according to us. 

Animeboye.....probably not coming back. 
Malte for the most part has moved onto other things. 
I have moved on to other things. 
I don't think the landbeforetime.org is standing alongside the GOF in the way Austin thought it may.  The wiki on the other hand is another story....we didn't see that coming!
What made animeboye leave, anyway?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
after rereading my post ion here. well i'm still here and will still be here,m health permitting, in a year and a half. technically 2023 will be our 20th anniversary, with nov 26th 2024 marking 20 years for me. which is insane when i think about it. i dont post nearly as frequently as i did 10 years ago( otherwise i'd have some 75000 posts now) but  i still post.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Some people here had very high hopes for what may happen in ten years, ahem...

I would need a better description of the world in 10 years... who knows the internet has been replaced by then, lol...

If that was the case, then we would already have flying cars. You know, the thing that people predicted for the future back in the early to mid 20th century. :lol
Too bad greed has held back human technological advance...at least I think so.

But anyway, I see myself being less active on the Gang of Five in the next 10 years, but I'll still always love LBT and cherish the friendships made here. Some members may still stay, some may go, but the atmosphere of the forum will always be the same. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...