The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time Review

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was searching on Blip "The Land Before Time" and I ran into this.

A real, honest review of the first movie.

http://blip.tv/file/3858529/

I'll check it out later.  I seriously don't have the time right now.

See ya later! :)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
LOL!  The reviewer is a stereotypical nerd, complete with dorky glasses and speech impediment!  Still, it was a good review.  Yeah, sharptooth is freaking scary.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow!  This guy was actually good at this one.  Sure, he hates the sequels, but at least he enjoys the first movie.  I think his love for dinosaurs also gave him an edge in this.

I like the fact that he took the time to do some research about this movie.  Even us fans don't completely know what the missing scenes contained.  Sure, we got a few ideas and hints, but we still don't know everything here.  We are indeed hoping to find out one day.

And he agrees with me!  The Original Sharptooth does have superpowers!  I knew it! :P:

Seriously though, this was a good review.  He did a good job.

Oh, and it's nice to see that someone else recognizes a certain pairing when they see it. :)

I think I'll ask this guy about putting this on YouTube.

See ya later! :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Youtube?  Ask the guy to come here and post. :p

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 31 2010 on  02:33 AM
And he agrees with me!  The Original Sharptooth does have superpowers!  I knew it! :P:
Just because he thinks Sharptooth has superpowers does not mean that he actually did. Sorry, but there's nothing that will convince me that Sharptooth actually has superpowers. He is not a supernatural being. There is no magic in Land Before Time. Sharptooth is just a regular sharptooth by the movie's standards. Remember, just because he is able to do things an animal his size in real life cannot do does not mean that he has superpowers. Don't forget, he's in a world of fiction. Normal laws of physics do not apply and do not hint at superpowers.

If you want to say Sharptooth has superpowers because of his abilities, then you'd have to say the same thing for many other cartoon characters. For example:

-Mufasa, for falling down a gorge with a stampede and not having his body "explode" in impact or torn up by the stampeding animals

-Ducky, for being able to stand on a bubble without it popping

-Max (from Dino Squad), for being able to stand on top of a train without breaking it

These are just a  couple examples. In all 3 situations, the characters only seem to have superpowers for defying the laws of physics and such, but in reality it's just how the physics work in whatever show/movie they are in. Such laws can be exaggerated or broken for the sake of entertainment or censorship or perhaps other reasons.

None of these characters have superpowers. Sharptooth is no different. He possesses no superpowers. As I said, he is just a regular, albeit very determined, sharptooth by the movie's standards. If he truly did have superpowers, then other characters would have commented it. But never once do I hear any of the characters even hint "how can he do that? it must be superpowers!"

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile