The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 55949

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I got the idea that we could make a promt to draw a portrait that contains something specific, for example a character.
I think the OC prompt should be again in summer. I had a lot of free time then which helped me a lot. But that's not important.  :)

In my opinion the prompts should not be too negative. For example, I don't like to try for something I don't like. So it was with me and the September/October prompt. But nevertheless I am open for everything and I am looking forward to next year's prompts and great drawings!  :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you very much! As soon as DarkWolf and I have come up with a prompt list, one of us is going to share it so you guys can get started again!

I think it's safe to say that OC will return, and yes I agree summer works best for that one :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The final prompt list for 2019 has been decided upon!!! Things aren't changing much from last year, we'll keep the 2-month duration for every prompt and continue to allow extensions of the deadline if such a request is being made in time. Also it is still always an option to draw a scene from any fanfiction submitted to the fanfiction prompt challenge or draw a scene from one of the ongoing LBT RPs! 
:^^spike
The only change really is that from now on there'll be a short and a long prompt which both describe the same prompt but either as a short one-word prompt or a more descriptive one. It seems this has proven to be very useful for the fanfiction prompt challenge so we are adapting that now :)

Either way, here is the full list! The first prompt of 2019 is open from now on! Let's get creative folks!  :Mo

Jan/Feb

One word prompt: Movie Poster

Descriptive Prompt: Draw a potential movie poster for any of the existing movies/tv-series episodes, for any future sequels or a fanfiction of your choice!

Mar/Apr

One Word Prompt: Love/Family

Descriptive Prompt: Draw something portraiting the theme of Love and/or Family. From a romantic sunset to the everyday life of a family, everything goes!

May/Jun

One Word Prompt: Out of Character

Descriptive Prompt: We all have these moments when we're not ourselves. Draw a scene of any LBT character acting in a way that's unexpected of them, in a way they usually wouldn't act, be it a tame Cera or a smart Yellowbelly!

Jul/Aug

One Word Prompt: Draw an OC

Descriptive Prompt: Those who have been competing last year already know the drill. Draw an original character in whatever situation/environment you want. If you use someone else's original character, it is advised to ask them for permission first  :exactly

Sep/Oct

One Word Prompt: Hurt/Fear

Descriptive Prompt: The world is not always a happy place. Not every adventure goes according to plan, not every person you meet has your best intentions in mind. Draw a scene which incorporates the theme of "Hurt" and/or "Fear"

Nov/Dec

One Word Prompt: Humanization

Descriptive Prompt: Haven't you all been wondering what the Gang would look like in our human world? For this prompt, it is your task to design as many LBT characters as you want in a human form. Let's get creative!  :smile

I hope that these prompts will meet your interest. Let's have fun and draw, the first prompt is Movie poster

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks good to me! Not mentally prepared for the movie poster one yet though :lol
Darn laziness is getting the better of me right now.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looks like I won the previous prompt challenge haha. Who is going to submit a drawing for the first prompt in 2019? Will be very difficult for me but I'll try to participate as always of course :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
2 weeks remaining for the first prompt....I think I can make it  :PAli

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well the time has come and I didn't make it  :opetrie

Got any more extensions to hand out?  :PAli

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Forgot to mention, yep, deadline will be extended but the new prompt will be open from now on :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So uhh...

Mar/Apr

One Word Prompt: Love/Family

Descriptive Prompt: Draw something portraiting the theme of Love and/or Family. From a romantic sunset to the everyday life of a family, everything goes!

here you go ;)

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Until which day will the deadline be extended? I have already started, but I'm not sure how much time I still need. Is it possible to extend it until the weekend? If not, then I wouldn't colorize it so I can save some time.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sure that will be more then fine given how often both Ducky and I go over the deadline haha. Looking forward to what you've come up with! :smile

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I'll probably enter something this weekend for the Jan/Feb prompt since it's been extended! Got hit with a lot of schoolwork all at once x.x

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I only got a concept for my entry together last week and haven't had any time to work on it yet. Can we say extend it until next Sunday? That'd give me two weekends to try figure out the poses. :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looks like only me is still holding up the Jan/Feb prompt. I've begun coloring yesterday and should be done by the end of this week. Still, I shall submit a preliminary picture of the lineart.

Anyone already on the next prompt?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've started thinking about it. Nothing in terms of pencil on paper yet haha

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sweet, I may have something up my sleeve myself  :olittlefoot

@LeventeII @Mumbling @Flathead770 @DarkWolf91

Since I've finished colouring my entry as promised (will upload tomorrow, need sunlight to get a good shot of the drawing  :bang), I will open voting tomorrow, probably in the evening a little earlier than right now. Thanks for your patience with me  :oops

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Voting is OPEN now, still have to complete the masterlist but I'll take care of that tomorrow [EDIT: done!]. :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:37:11 AM by Ducky123 »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello! :D

I'm relatively new to the fanart prompt, but would like to continue participating in future editions. However, I am not a big fan of the voting section of the prompts. To me personally, participating and creating should be more important than picking a favorite in the end. I prefer to join in for fun, and not necessarily to have my work judged or compared to others. Especially since the fanart prompts are meant to improve your own art style, comparing it to what others have created just doesn't make much sense.

I want to propose removing the voting part from the fanart prompts, instead promoting participation. It's still nice to receive and give feedback and we can still discuss this in one central topic if that is preferred, though feedback in the individual topics could also suffice. Instead of voting for the 'best' piece of art, we could reward everyone who joins with a badge or banner for their signature, much like the singing projects back in the day. Ducky suggested we could have a banner that you can upgrade, so that it indicates how often you have joined in the prompts for a certain year. We could even use art made in the beginning of that year to use as the basis for the banners, and we could also decide on retro-actively creating banners for the previous years.

Anyway, this is just a suggestion for now. I'd like to hear your opinion and suggestions, to hopefully make this more enjoyable for everyone! :)