The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Off to College

Nahla · 9 · 1279

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes me...who would of thought?

Sometime last year I applied for funding and today I found out it has been approved and the first semester is completely covered for me, first semester lasts for 6 months and the course can be completed in one semester...thank goodness.

Course I do have to pay the money back, but that won't be a worry until I have completed my studies and completed my course.

I'm going for my Animal Care and Studies certificate, I'm living my childhood dream.

I need  a job so why not have the one that is my passion?

Whats the point of a job that I have no heart in? Even if it's the best paying job in the job, what would be the point when I could be doing what I love?

Luckily for me, I live in the town the campus is on and it's a 15 minute drive from my house. So I don't have to worry about living arrangements. I'll go there in the morning and go home in the afternoon so home life will not change one bit...until I feel ready to move out away from my parents that is but..one step at time guys..one step at a time.

I start next Thursday and I'm both excited and scared, whole new world is now opening to me. I've broken away from my parents controlling hold and become the person I want to be.

No idea why I'm posting this here but I guess it's cause this is the best thing to happen to me in years. I've finally stopped living in fear and getting myself out there. Making my life what I want it to be, not what others make it for me.

And I find it irony-my brother thought he would always be better then me.

He works at the supermarket
I'm going to college.

So, HAH to him.

Guess it's official now. I'm a grown woman now and heading to college.

The years go by faster the older you get, I swear they do...I'll be 19 this year. And to me, thats scary. I always thought life would be easier when I was older.

Boy was I wrong, it's way more difficult. But hey, I got my independence and adult rights. Can do anything adults can do..expect smoke. Yep can do everything but that, not that I want to do that anyway..no thank you.

Next Thursday will be the start of what I hope will be a great future and life for myself.

Nahla's newest challenge: Survive college. But I know I can do it. I have to, if I fail this..all my dreams will be shattered then what would I do with my life then.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good luck!  Perhaps the most difficult part of college is the many term papers you will most likely write.  It's even worse if you're going for your Master's degree (trust me, that's all I'm doing to earn mine :p).  But, it's totally worth it.

BTW, a life lived in fear is not really living, but existing.  I was about your age when I said the same thing you have, and I have not had any regrets :yes.  Do what's right for you, and as long as you're not hurting others, don't let anything stop you from living your dreams :).

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's great, Nahla! Pursue your dream :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good luck, Nahla!  Starting college can be an intimidating experience, but it is also a deeply enriching experience.  I am sure that if you put forth the same passion that you have for your field into your studies then you will do great.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Go get 'em, sis! I hope all goes well with college and you can go and pursue your dream! :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Considering everything you laid out in your post, you will succeed, without a shred of doubt.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Congratulations Nahla. It's great that your to see you still pursuing your dream. I can also relate to that since I'm also starting Uni in a few days. I'm living my dream. I want to be a Marine Biologist, it's a dream I've had since I was a child and now I've got into a course that teaches Marine Biology. YAY.

Good Luck. For your first year, I wish you all the best. Just keeping chasing your dreams and you'll get there in the end. You Can Do It.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Best of luck to you Nahla! :)

The one thing you may find that is a struggle with college studies is getting a professor you don't like and there's not much you can do about it given you need that course for your degree.  I got lucky not to run into that until I was nearly done with my masters degree...I kept a log of how many more classes I had with that person before I didn't have to deal with her anymore. ;)  Turn a negative into a positive or something to laugh at to get through it.