The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What time do y'all sleep?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I'm so tired and yet I'm still browsing this forum rn, which I'll probably regret when I have to wake up at like 5:30am in the morning tomorrow. :sducky

I remember when I used to be a good boy and sleep at 9-10pm as a kid. Those were the days. Now I'm a maverick and don't sleep until it's at least midnight on an average day, whether it's because of work or being ensnared by the web. And this my body clock only tells me to sleep at midnight on a normal day, sometimes extending till 1am - which is kinda why my friends know me as a night owl, aka my profile picture.

Which makes me wonder: what is the average bedtime that you all go to bed? Are you a fast sleeper? Or do you party the whole night away?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
You are not alone. I often don't go to sleep until 1 or 2 in the morning because it's so hard for me to go to sleep with my laptop on my bed with me.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I usually go to sleep between midnight and one o'clock if I don't have to wake up early.

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
I used to be able to stay up until 4 in the morning, but now I just can’t seem to stay awake past 9 PM :p
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I usually try to go to sleep around 11pm since I have to be up at 6am to go to work. Some days I have a hard time staying up past 10pm though.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I get tired really fast after 9 pm and usually start sleeping between 10pm and 11.30pm. I also always wake up between 6 and 7.30am, even during the weekend. It's not always great, but generally I enjoy being able to wake up easily in the morning.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Typically I don't go to bed until midnight or later, provided I don't have to get up early. I actually prefer getting up earlier in the morning on any day rather than later, but I don't seem to do that very often. Not too long ago I tried a plan to wake up super early in the morning (around 5:30-6 a.m.) to get more things done around the house. It worked for a while, but this internship I've been doing throughout the summer kinda ruined that schedule. Not necessarily complaining about that though, I just don't like waking up at like noon or so, just cause I feel half the day is gone by then.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
For me it depends. I usually try to be a good boy and go to sleep around 8:30-9:00, sometimes even earlier if I have to get up super early the next day, but often, I don’t get to bed until later, and sometimes WAY later.

Exactly how much later depends on many factors, such as how tired I am, how long I stay online (GOF keeps me up some nights too, including on the Discord server ;) ), if I have a ton of homework, social events, etc.

Sometimes I’m out for the count by 8:00, other times I’m up until 3:30AM, but usually, I’m in bed somewhere between 9:00 and 11:00.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:00:15 PM by Littlefoot505 »

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I try to get to sleep around midnight on most nights as I have to get up at 8am for this particular semester.  Though on the semesters where I have an 8am class I try to go to bed earlier as I would need to get up at 6am on those occasions. But for the few weeks each year that I have a break from teaching pretty much anything goes in terms of a sleep schedule.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on August 14, 2018, 09:11:45 AM
5-6am. I have lifetime insomnia
Dear lord, reading this sentence actually made me feel legitimately sad. I am so, so, sorry for you... :(petrie
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
10:30 is my limit most nights....need to be up by 6 and I'm generally on my feet all day as a teacher.  Need my sleep!  :yes

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Before my job change, I went to bed at around midnight.

Now, with the fact I have a job that starts at 4 AM, I go to bed at 8 PM; 9 PM on my off days.  I even strangely adjusted to it with little trouble.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
All.Over.The.Place. 'Nuff said :(
Inactive, probably forever.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would best describe my sleeping schedule as having slowly gotten worse and worse over the past decade.

Back when I started college in 2010, I had for many years previously always been obsessed with being in bed by no later than midnight. (There was one incident in my first year when noisy neighbors got especially disruptive and I complained about getting only four hours of sleep that night.) But once I began my second (and final) year of college, the increased work essentially made it impossible for me to do that anymore, and it suddenly became common for me to get less than four hours of sleep on the weekdays.

After graduation in 2012, I was pretty much unable to go back to my old habit of being in bed by midnight, and as I took on new hobbies in the years since then, it has just gotten worse. In 2013, I often considered 2:00am to be the absolute latest I wanted to be in bed by; in 2014, that became 3:00am; in 2015, that became 4:00am; in 2016, that became 5:00am; in 2017, that became 5:30am. This year, it's been a lot more scattered, sometimes I was able to go to bed as early at 4:00am, and other times as late as 6:30am. As for when I wake up, I have my alarm set for 9:00am or 11:00am (depending on what I want to get done that day), though I frequently just shut it off and end up falling right back to sleep for another hour or two.

Needless to say, I've long since reached a point where I just feel miserable about how late I've been staying up every single day. For the last couple of years, my goal has been to consistently go to bed early enough that it's still completely dark outside (in the summer months, that can be as early as 3:30am), and that's still my goal, though the fact that I've been working on that for so long already shows just how much I've been struggling. In fact, I had really been hoping that this would be the year that I could finally break that worsening pattern (among other things, I want to play my Lego video games only during daylight hours, so an earlier bedtime would mean I could make more progress on them each day), but so far even my best self-imposed reasons for going to bed earlier just haven't been very effective over the long term. I just don't know what else I could possibly try at this point...

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I usually go to sleep between midnight and one o'clock if I don't have to wake up early.

That's about the same as me. Though sometimes I can be up until two o'clock, especially during holidays.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
On average around midnight is when I start to retreat into my bed for much a needed slumber.
On very rare occasions is when I'd sleep at 10:30 PM or earlier. That's when I'd feel extremely ill or just completely drained for the day. Less common I'd sleep at 11:00 PM, and more often I'd sleep at 11:30 PM or later.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&amp;Tomato) on August 14, 2018, 09:11:45 AM
5-6am. I have lifetime insomnia
Dear lord, reading this sentence actually made me feel legitimately sad. I am so, so, sorry for you... :(petrie

I think I have lifetime insomnia as well. Although for me it varies wildly. Sometimes I actually can go to bed and wake up at a normal hour. Other times, not so much. I tend to be all over the place with my sleep.