The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Update: 1-23-09 - College Again?

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Update: 1-23-09 - College Again?
I'm not going to get my hopes up about this. Not just yet. There may be a chance for me to get back into college again and have another go at Computer Science.

In the past week I've been meeting with my councelor and the Rehab guru concerning an upcoming week of tests to see where I'd stand in the job market. They asked me if I wanted to go straight to the work force, or go back to school. I chose the obvious answer and suggested that I'd like another go at college!

While this seems like it may be good news, there lies the obstacles...

In order for me to get back into school, I was told that I need a GPA of 1.80 or higher. I went through my old college files only to find that my last GPA was 1.70 following the text: "You are currently on Academic Probation" which in the current school catalog it explains that I've at least achieved the school's minimum GPA for acceptance for another semester... but that's all I could get out of it.

I dont know what it means for my future of returning to college. It may certainly not work out, hense why I'm not getting my hopes up. But that doesnt mean that the Rehab service cant help me in other ways.

Two weeks from now I will be thrust into a week long series tests where they will be poking and prodding me under a test tube (I'm exagerating a bit.) and seeing what I am capable of doing. The lady who explained the tests to me, (and asked me a book load of personal questions about my life) told me I should bring in my artwork and literature for their study. As to what this means, I havent the foggiest. I highly doubt they're capable of putting me in my dream studio job, (or pay me to finish my book). But hopefully something good would come of it. And heck, I'm all for showing off my material to complete strangers! =P

Whatever the outcome, I bet it will be completely better than where my life is at now. Living under other people's roofs while playing Mr. Nanny... (I'm the only nutcase around here who cleans up anything it seems!)

Also in the past week I've been very busy building up my little personal foundation on the internet and at home. I've made a few new accounts through Myspace, Youtube, Deviant Art, Sheezy Art, and so on. These accounts will all be used to my efforts in the current projects. I will be posting the links to these new pages once they are ready for showing off.

Also, Bell County Comics will be continued in a whole new series called The Adventures of Alex and Falene (name may change) which will follow the two leading characters on their own adventures in the small country town of Bell County. I'll post more on this comic as soon as I have a functioning layout for the strips. Keep your eyes peeled for updates on that!

That is all I can think of for the momment. Its getting late here and I need bed.

Wish me well, and I shall do the same for you! =)

God Bless
- Brian B.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Man, you struggled judging by your GPA. What courses did you take? I'm a history buff, so anything dealing with history, I can help you with..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Dude, just get A+ certified and you can start out at $25 an hour working in a repair place easy.  It's not that hard of a test.  If you're thinking of going into the computer area anyway, then I don't see why you shouldn't get certified.  It doesn't cost that much.  If you can do the computer stuff, you should.  It's an easy way to make a living.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
GPa stands for grade point average. Usually a 4.0 is the highest GPA you can get..  
4.0 A
3.7 A-
3.3 B+
3.0 B
2.7 B-
2.3 C+
2.0 C
1.7 D+/C-
1.3 D
1.0 D
 Below 1 F
 So Aves Average was a D+. thats not good..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck with whatever you choose to do.  One thing is if you went full time going less then full time may be best to give yourself more time to relax and to study and do homework.  Also some here may be able to help you.  Continue to look at the various options that are possible.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I just wanted to give you the opportunity to view the A+ certification exam guide from a few years back.  If you can study this and pass the little quiz at the end, you'll do fine:

http://66.41.14.94/Universal%20Upload%20Fo...xam%20guide.chm

Even though the info is old, you still need to know it.  If you know a lot in this little packet, you should get the 2009 version and sign up for the test starting in August.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Mm...best of luck in what you choose.  I may PM you a more private message tomorrow.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile